Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OUT or NOT ?

I live in a small comunity with narrow minded views also i do not own a digital camera (x got it in the seperation lol ) .When and if i do decide to buy a camera i will post pics in a private setting .Until then my cute lil avetar will have to do
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I like the idea of a closet upgrade! I could use one - mine's getting pretty cramped and my wife won't share any space in her's.
    I don't know what you're talking about! You look awesome!
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Banned Read only
    I'm with you Leanne! I also have almost zero ability to do anything but bang on the keyboard. If I try to do more I have to have instructions that start from "Turn Computer On." I am not the only user of this computer. The thought of posting a picture that may be found by wife, son, daughter or granddaughter scares the crap out of me. I would love to post pictures of myself with face hidden in many of my lovely slips, but, it isn't going to happen. Last week I saw some pictures of myself en homme and well, I look my age. It isn't pretty. I'll stay in the closet for awhile longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    I don't have an avatar picture because I couldn't figure out how to do it. Some of us were born way before this computer generation. But I did figure out how to post my picture on my profile page. Just because I did it once doesn't mean that I could do it now. I don't have the time to figure these tech things out. Leanne P.S. I do love to go out in public dressed en fem.

But alot of yall have got the wrong message on what I said . Not everyone on here to put up a picture !!! I dont care if you have a picture or not thats your problem ! I was just wondering an this is for the ones an only for the ones that ,,,, ( GO OUT IN FEM ALOT AN DONT CARE IF THEY GET SEEN BY OTHER PEOPLE ) Why they would RISK going out an being seen an not put a pic on here to show all there friends that they talk to everyday what they look like . An where they live ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF they wanted to meet other chix ? THATS ALL I WANTED !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    MYOB!

I recently posted a single snapshot of me. It is the first picture I have taken in over a year. I am busy living my life, not putting on a performance. If you need to verify my existence and to verify that I do the things I claim to have done, you can come and visit. I've posted the exact name of the city in Canada that I live in a fair number of times.

Pictures were important to me when I was going through my early "I'm breaking a taboo, woo-hoo!" phase, visual confirmation that I really had dared to Dress Up and go outside. Once I was through that, what become important to me was the experience, not the photograph. I don't know, but I imagine this is perhaps part of "transition", where your attention switches to how you live your everyday life; and where hearing a mother tell their child, "Let this lady go first" becomes more important than the sheen of your nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Why they would RISK going out an being seen an not put a pic on here to show all there friends that they talk to everyday what they look like . An where they live ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF they wanted to meet other chix ?
    RISK? I'll be walking in to work today in a woman's jacket covered with cherry blossoms and butterflies, me with my below-the-shoulder hair and my dangling earrings, wearing fashion boots with 2" heels, and wearing a flower-and-leaves top that does little to hide my "nearly-A" breasts. I just haven't bothered to take pictures.

I have a picture in my profile from several years ago. I have a few more recent pictures (only 14 months old) on FB. My "affiliation" URL on my profile is of my social club that sometimes includes pictures of me (when I'm not too boring.)

I have already personally met all except one of the members who (admit to) living in the same city as I do, and I've been politely nagging that remaining one for months now ;-)
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 02-21-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Julogden (Carol) - I just posted in another thread that I know a specific member here who has had her pics that I saw here in one of her posts on a dating area used by someone else. I let her know both times, and she appreciated the heads up notice. She is out, models for a TG clothing site and is super cute and hot. The point is that you can copy pics from here (don't know why they still allow that here because other sites have figured out how to prevent it) and your pics can end someplace else. It may not happen very often, but it does happen. So we all post pics at our own risk.

Stacy - Risk is measured by each of us in our own way. I generally do not go out dressed anywhere near my home area. I go out dressed away from home and take my risks there. Yes, I may get caught one day, but the odds are whatever they are and may be very limited in the final consequences. However, pics on the internet can be copied and distributed on a very wide basis if anyone ever decided to do that for whatever reason, and as I wrote above, it can and does happen. Not necessarily all the time, but who can really say. I have met all kinds of other girls, many from this site, a few from another site, and then by networking. I don't go out to meet other girls. I go out to meet other people of all shapes, sizes and orientations. Pics on this site can be fake, altered, or whatever. So, I do not base my decision to be nice to someone or to communicate with them based on whether they have a pic or not. Now, if they want to meet or go out with me, then looks do matter in the sense that they fit into my somewhat broad range of who I want to go out with when dressed as women. If someone dresses way over the top, I probably would only go out with them to a venue where that style fits in better.

The reason you are getting the replies that you are is that this question comes up every now and again, and it sometimes seems that the OP thinks that just because they post their pics, everyone else should do the same. Sometimes it can be in interpreted as a better than the other type of attitude. That is not always the case, but after awhile a lot of us get tired of the implied reasons for some of these types of questions. If that is not your reason, good.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    The point is that you can copy pics from here (don't know why they still allow that here because other sites have figured out how to prevent it) and your pics can end someplace else. It may not happen very often, but it does happen. So we all post pics at our own risk.
    I just want to elaborate here a little, in general, just so that new girls ( or older girls not great with their PC's) understand that if you can SEE a pic, You can save a pic. PERIOD. Allie mentions another site that prevents, what I am assuming, right clicking but there are many programs that lift pictures, You can print screen a picture, or you can source the page and get the direct URL to the picture. Also, like Allie said, you really do post your stuff at your own risk.

Just a totally side note, if you upload your pics to your PC, decide you don't like them, delete them to your trash, and empty your recycle bin.....You still haven't deleted them. they are moved to a hidden portion of your drive and can still be recovered. Just thought I'd mention that for us closet dressers so you know
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

You could be paranoid like me and only browse this site under a virtual machine.
    But yeah, right click block does nothing except annoy legit right clickers.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Julogden (Carol) - I just posted in another thread that I know a specific member here who has had her pics that I saw here in one of her posts on a dating area used by someone else. I let her know both times, and she appreciated the heads up notice. She is out, models for a TG clothing site and is super cute and hot. The point is that you can copy pics from here (don't know why they still allow that here because other sites have figured out how to prevent it) and your pics can end someplace else. It may not happen very often, but it does happen. So we all post pics at our own risk.
    Allie, I suspect that I know who you're referring to, and her photos are in lots of places, not just here, so how can it be determined that they were stolen from here? It would make a lot more sense that they were taken from other places than here.

Regarding "allowing" people to copy photos here, there's no way to stop people from taking your photo if it's on-line. You can disable right-clicking and saving, but all anyone has to do is a screen grab with the "Print screen" key, and they have the page in their clip board memory, then just paste it into a new document in a photo-editing program and they have the photo. So yes, we do all post photos at our own risk, but I still feel that posting in these forums is extremely unlikely to result in anyone being outed.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I think someone else said it right. Why post photos of yourself, or feel the need to prove yourself?

Off topic: I commend you girls that do come out. I think coming out as a crossdresser/transgender takes more guts than letting people know you're bisexual. Not saying crossdressers are bi...just saying I think it takes a lot of guts to come out as a crossdresser. I've told my best friend, who's a straight male, that i'm bi. I've told him I'm a nudist too, but no way would I tell him I use to cross dress. For some reason, I'd have a hard time confessing to that.

I really don't see what the point is, or why it matters. The simple answer is because they don't want to.
    Last edited by JulieK1980; 02-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Guess it's different strokes for different folks, some way in closet, some getting their toes wet, some gots their feets wets, and some soaking wet. Personally, I don't think it's a real big deal one way or another.

I also live in a very small rural community, so I'd never go outside locally dressed, however if I was back in my hometown Sydney, I'd happily strut my stuff in full dress.
    I'm just waiting for some new dresses and lingerie to arrive, the first decent girly outfits I've owned in years, the moment they arrive I'll be dressed to the 9's and have a fellow CD friend here who I can trust to take some nice pics of me, then I will proudly post them here and elsewhere.
    I feel sorry for any of you who feel scared or intimidated to reveal yourselves for what you are, it's the fault of society at large that so many of us are discriminated against, I myself refuse to be intimidated or ashamed, I'm proud of my crossdressing and want to share it with others, getting 'outed' is an inherant risk when you post pics of your face online, but I'm at an age where I simply refuse to live in fear any longer.

Pheobe <3
    Last edited by AussiegirlCD; 02-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Pheobe.

The way I figure it is that you have the right to post or not post your picture. I do think that many of us are visual and it is nice to see who you chat with. I also realize that there are people who dont feel safe and secure in posting there pictures. There are also a small segment who probably make up posts about going out and meeting the President, the Pope and Michael Jackson. Who knows, I just try to enjoy the forum, read some interesting posts, learn some, smile some, take things with a grain of salt.
    I will say that everyone I have met from this forum( its only been a few folk) has been a joy and truly a nice person. Im sure there are plenty of other great folk out there as well.

My picture is me, just not a profile picture. If I could get a nice one of me taken that I actually like then I would use it for sure. Hopefully someday I'll have one.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Imho.... Everyone's in a closet of some fashion.... Some are just larger than others and extend outside of their home..... So coming out to someone takes you out of one and puts you in a larger one.. Like upgrading closets!

Personally the only reason I really take photos is cause I'm narcissistic and shallow and like it when people say I'm pretty! Lol.
    [SIZE="4"]I like Karen's view on it. No matter what you do, it's really just an expansion of the closet or the area that you feel comfortable in. It's really not much different when in drab. There are some places you don't normally go to. Simple as that.

Getting out is an amazing adreneline rush. It's very addicting, and it's great fun. My expanded closet isn't all that big and I have close friends to share it with. I'm fortunate.
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Imho.... Everyone's in a closet of some fashion.... Some are just larger than others and extend outside of their home..... So coming out to someone takes you out of one and puts you in a larger one.. Like upgrading closets!

Personally the only reason I really take photos is cause I'm narcissistic and shallow and like it when people say I'm pretty! Lol.
    Lol.. I have expanded my closet only twice maybe three times by your definition Karren... Can't help myself but to pay a fellow "like it when people say I'm pretty!" person, I've got to say I always love your avatar's, posts, etc. Very expressive, funny, cute, etc! You are very pretty!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I got this one!

Stacy, here's how it works! I don't dress ever, PERIOD! Unless I'm going out with other CDs. Which I've done less than 5 times. And, Sherry's a TOTAL closet dresser! Except for those rare occasions she shows up at CD events or on Halloween!
    At least, that's how it works for me!

Pictures!? Oh, I'VE GOT YOUR PICTURES, hun!

These r pictures of Sherry out with "the girls". I've got a MILLION of 'em!
    2320.jpg 28606.jpg

Here's a pic of ME out dressed! (Holly, I LOVE U!) These r rarer than HEN'S TEETH!
    49548.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Anyone who I consider a friend that wants a picture of me all they have to do is ask or friend me on facebook where I indulge my vanity but I love my avatar and would much rather look at her than me.

Plus I find it offensive when a stranger can look at your picture and than ask for sex. I will never understand this behavior, it is very dehumanizing. I am a very sensual being and my manner of dress sometimes reflects this but it is not an offer for sex with John Q Public, plus a whole litany of personal security concerns. Why someone is flattered when some guy sends you a picture of his junk is another thing beyond my comprehension.

Definitely think it is a mistake to show or share anything that can bring somebody to your door or gives a clear layout of your work, home or valuables. It is very easy to be lulled into a false sense of security on a forum that builds friendships but open forums can be dangerous because anybody from anywhere can be watching and learning about you. BE CAREFUL! Complacency could get you killed.

It sounds like some of you girls have big closets to stay in, I have a little closet so I came out in short time. My wife and other people know, come to find out all the people I know dont care Im a crossdresser.

Sherry, OT a bit, but I have to say that I don't see why you aren't out more without the mask, you look wonderful to me.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

my going out is t a club totally dressed, thats it, now i do wear womens clothes like jeans etc sandals out to the grocery store but not with wig and makeup on

Quote Originally Posted by goodnhose View Post
    Sorry, can't help with this one, still trying to find my way out of the closet.
    My, what big closet you have! I'm jealous, lol
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivianchen05

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    You can disable right-clicking and saving, but all anyone has to do is a screen grab with the "Print screen" key, and they have the page in their clip board memory, then just paste it into a new document in a photo-editing program and they have the photo.

Carol
    Or just directly paste it into "Paint" which every system on the planet has.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have been out 2 times in the last year, work issues and kids and other issues associated with daily life have priority here...yes prior times me and her went everywhere and have done just about everything short of me flying while dressed...point is life goes on and at this time i have no desire or even the want to post a bunch of pitures of a date/married date we have had..finally i am a private person and have no desire to let anybody other than her know..i did tell her on the 1st date years ago and life has been blissful with 100% commitment level..i just do not see the point in letting everybody know (i dont need to hear from anybody but her about how this outfit looks or other) and consider it a who cares what you do when your married (if it is your thing so be it)..just my take

ps: lately my youngest teenage daughter has been using the term "he's a creeper"..i think its kinda creepy wanting comments from other cd's about dress and make-up when i have a beautiful lady who is more than able to say "That dress makes you look old i will go with you and help you pick out something more youthful looking"..dont laugh that has happened before...i trust her judgement more than any comment i could ever get off the net...thats just how i feel about pictures and stuff