Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OUT or NOT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    And how often has this happened here? I've been here several years and haven't heard of anyone ever having anything like this happen. The odds of being in a car wreck are WAY higher than anything like that happening, yet we don't give it a second thought to jump in our car and do whatever, so why should we worry about something that's way less likely to happen?

I think you're misunderstanding what Stacy is saying. She is a transgendered male, so she belongs here, not everyone here is a CD. And what she's saying is there's really no reason to think that anyone here has to fear that a non-crossdressing friend, co-worker or family member might stumble on this site, see a photo of someone they know and recognize them. Let's face it, your odds for winning the lottery are probably better than the odds of that happening.

Carol
    That's what you think. And if that's the case, I should have won the lottery many times over by now. I have many pics of me on my Yahoo Group. Many were taken before a came out for good. Many are at my home. Many have very clear pics of my home inside and out. Many are easily recognizable as my house. I have since come to discover by running for sale ads on various sites, there are other gender enhanced people in my home town that inquired about my clothing/boots/shoes I listed for sale.
    What many people do not do when taking pictures in their homes, is look to see exactly what they are taking a picture of. Ever notice that family picture on the end table or by the fireplace you are leaning on for the pic? You'd be amazed how easy it is to recognize someone's house/whatever by a pic. Not everyone is a flatlander from a big city.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    But alot of yall have got the wrong message on what I said . Not everyone on here to put up a picture !!! I dont care if you have a picture or not thats your problem ! I was just wondering an this is for the ones an only for the ones that ,,,, ( GO OUT IN FEM ALOT AN DONT CARE IF THEY GET SEEN BY OTHER PEOPLE ) Why they would RISK going out an being seen an not put a pic on here to show all there friends that they talk to everyday what they look like . An where they live ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IF they wanted to meet other chix ? THATS ALL I WANTED !!!
    Well, that's all you'll get from me. I have no interest in taking pics any longer however since coming out. This is not a stage show for me, I have nothing to prove to anyone including you, it's who I am. I don't give a damn who sees me. If I want to meet someone I'll place a want ad. Frankly, I don't see the big deal about posting anything about one's self here or anywhere. Anything published on the internet in particular should be scrutinized. For all we know, I may be the only gender enhanced person on this forum. I'm the only one I can absolutely prove is.

Why don't I have a picture on here. But do go out abut and most of my friends know? Well that's an easy one.

My BFF had her picture removed for being to riske'. I thought it was a very arbitrary decision on the part of who ever removed it. So I removed mine in protest and support. Then I posted Daphne Blake as my picture.

Easy pleasy lemon squeezey.

Did that answer your question?
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

different people have different comfort levels. Some might not be comfortable posting pics on the internet. I just posted a pic of myself here recently.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I agree with Karren, except they don't say I'm pretty, they just say i look nice (which is good enough for me )
    You ARE pretty.

Debby

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    That's what you think. And if that's the case, I should have won the lottery many times over by now. I have many pics of me on my Yahoo Group. Many were taken before a came out for good. Many are at my home. Many have very clear pics of my home inside and out. Many are easily recognizable as my house. I have since come to discover by running for sale ads on various sites, there are other gender enhanced people in my home town that inquired about my clothing/boots/shoes I listed for sale.
    What many people do not do when taking pictures in their homes, is look to see exactly what they are taking a picture of. Ever notice that family picture on the end table or by the fireplace you are leaning on for the pic? You'd be amazed how easy it is to recognize someone's house/whatever by a pic. Not everyone is a flatlander from a big city.
    I specifically said HERE, not in a Yahoo group which is a lot more public, apples and oranges.

And if someone is careless enough to include something in their photo like a family photo or some part of their home that could expose their location, then that's a whole different matter. One has to be careful if posting a photo of themself on-line whether they're transgendered or not.

Flatlander? Getting rude now? That's a mildly derogatory term around here.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I specifically said HERE, not in a Yahoo group which is a lot more public, apples and oranges.

And if someone is careless enough to include something in their photo like a family photo or some part of their home that could expose their location, then that's a whole different matter. One has to be careful if posting a photo of themself on-line whether they're transgendered or not.

Flatlander? Getting rude now? That's a mildly derogatory term around here.

Carol
    lol, not at all. A flatlander is simply a city person. No more derogatory than calling someone a crossdresser. Generally speaking one can live next door to someone in a city all their lives and never know their neighbors name. In rural wherever, everyone makes a point to know everyone. It's simply the way it is. I happen to live as both a flatlander and a redneck depending on where I am at the time of year. Im my small community everyone knows what my home looks like, everyone.
    You may well have specifically said here. I'll check later. Nontheless, if one here has a s/o, and many do, and things go sour in the relationship, and some do, be prepared to have your 'secret' with your x s/o shared with whomever she decides to share it with. I'm not saying they would all do this, but some inevitably 'spread the word' as a form of revenge. My point is, one should never, when using the internet, ever expect to feel one hundred percent safe from being discovered by someone close to them. It's happened before and it will happen again to someone.

Ok,, here is another "out and about" snap, again, from an event, so a camera woudn't be out of place... Sertoma Pancake day... Everyone who's anyone goes to pancake day in this town! Politicians and church groups buss tables and make the hotcakes, and comunity members from all walks of life, from those on welfair, to doctors and lawers go to eat. I had origonaly planed to go with my Polar Bear, but she had to take care of her brother. But, I ended up running into a couple friends i used to work with at the TV station.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    Its safer to stand in front walmart and hand out pics to strangers than post pics online.
    I must agree with Miranda here, I don't hold a sign up that says I am CD when I am walking down the road but here..........
    No... I am not really a CDer or transitioning, I am doing this for a bet, or is it that I had a weak moment. Oh! well....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.