Thread: Just another casual morning errand

Platinum Member

Just another casual morning errand

I haven't posted one of these for a while but its a lovely day, so I thought I'd share a brief report. As I mentioned yesterday in a post, I spent the past 10 days en drabb, with relatives.

Just a few minutes ago, I enjoyed my first - post visit - outing. It was nothing special, just a quick trip to the grocery, wearing a turquoise shaker knit tunic, white knit jeans and sandals. I probably spent no more than 40 minutes in the store browsing for various items. In the process I encountered at least 20 shoppers and staff coming and going. Not one individual reacted to my presence in any way. The cashier, who knows me from frequent visits, was friendly and talkative.

Despite being rather tall (6'2") and having a somewhat athletic build etc, it seems I blended in fairly well with the other shoppers.

kimdl93,
    Thank you for sharing what must have been a delightful outing.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Please forgive me for appending some more routine stuff to this very routine thread. I made another of my daily outings today - this time to the dry cleaner to pick up some clothes and drop off others, then back to the grocery for a few items, then to the pet store for dog food and finally a pass through the mall for a little window shopping and to say Hi to a couple of my favorite SAs. (For the record, I was wearing a pink knit tunic with a silver chain at the waist, white jeans and sandals, plus a silver necklace and hoop earrings.) While I was at the mall I got clocked a couple of times...dead certain...when I crossed paths with a few women. In most cases it was just a glance and a double take. One exception was a blond lady about my age - I was going to say older, but she was no older than me...let's say very late 40's. that happened to be right behind me at the Starbucks. While we waited for her orders, she kept looking at me...not betraying any postive or negative emotions, but definately checking me out. I smiles, said Hi and got not response from her. Oh well.

Hi Kim,

I love reading about your errands. It's wonderful how you forge right ahead and do your thing. I do enjoy getting no response from strangers, but there's something fun about exposing people to someone who's a little different from the norm. I kind of like it when people take extended gazes at me. I feel they're gathering information and learning and I'm there to teach, in a way.

No fear

WELL,,,, WELL,,,, WELL,, Thats just great ,,, An ya didnt pass out ,, Or explode ,, Burst into flames, Get beat up,, Have someone taunting an laughing an pointing ,, Get asked to leave the store ,,Have the manager come over an ask just what do you think your doing ,, Get the cops called, The local news didnt cover it , Were you in the morning paper, Purse snatched, Body cavity search,, Did any one tough you or say anything out of the way ? HUM ,,, Well we know now that its not against the law,,, HUM,,, An ya say no one said NOTHING ??? HUM,,,, WELL ,,, WELL ,,,WELL,, VERY INTERESTING !!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

That's great! I'm sure you blended right in!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Dress for the occasion, smile, be polite, and act normal and no one bothers you. Good to know, but very hard to do. Congratulations on being able to do that in such a confident manner. Keep it up and keep us informed about how it really does go down out there in the real world.

Thanks for sharing

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.