Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obstacles to dressing

Obstacles to dressing

Yesterday I posted briefly about having to take a 10 day hiatus from dressing. For me, it seemed a long dry spell, but quite a number of you have endured much longer intervals without dressing at all. I am seldom prevented from dressing because I have a supportive spouse and working from home; but I understand that most of you face significant obstacles.

So, what circumstances prevent you from dressing as often as you might like?

Miriam
    Number one barrier for me is the presence of my teenage son in the house. He has enough confusion in his life without dealing with my habits. We have him trained to call or text and wait for acknowledgement before coming home, but sometimes he forgets or has a dead phone (had a very close call on a couple occasions).

Beyond that, it's really just a matter of maintaining balance in my life and for my wife. It's very important for both of us that I'm still very guy-like most of the time (except the bad guy habits), so I try to keep a pretty good balance when we're fully dressed. But when relaxing in the evening she's accepted that my nightgown is equivalent to her robe, so it's pretty unlimited then.

Miriam

The secret to this whole thing is to be by your self and surround your self with only the people that know. Thats the main reason for not dressing is up close an personal , If ya keep em at arms lenth them its ok but when there on top of ya 24/7 its imposable to do,, Just like when your family was down, So I would say crowding is the main reason ,, My main reason,, So tell em to go home ,,, THANX
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

There are a few reasons actually, hopefully soon they'll be overcome.

#1) Lack of funds: Right now I'm jobless with physical health issues and depression.
    However, I do have a supportive family and people looking to help me find suitable work.

#2) While I have a supportive family for health reasons, I have no idea how they would react if I told them about the other things.
    This is not going to happen until I have a safety net of some kind.

#3) This ties into #1, I need everything. The hair, the makeup, the clothes all have to be together.
    Go big or go home, I can't wear anything if I still feel I look like a man.

#4) I have nowhere to go, even if I had all the resources the only thing that I could do would be spending hours getting dressed to sit in my room. Keeping myself trapped in four walls.

Actually it feels good to get that out.

Kim my situation is similar to Mary's. My wife's son lives here and bounces in and out. Like I posted earlier he nearly busted me with makeup on about a month ago. This Sunday he popped in for something he forgot, and came home early from work too. I nearly got busted twice that day fully dressed. The wife does not want family to know, and I agree they have their own crap to deal with as adults.

I cannot leave my home dressed either as I live near two of the biggest gossipers on the street. If they saw me it would be all over the neighborhood quick. They love to dig up dirt.
    Last edited by Marleena; 02-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Marleena,
    You are in a very rough situation, I hope that things get better.

whowhatwhen,
    Best wishes, your post was one that brought tear to my eyes. May God bless.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 02-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm afraid I do not have a supportive wife. She caught me two years ago and simply couldn't understand it at all. No matter how much I tried to explain it to her. So I purged, hoping that I could put it all behind me as just another chapter in my life. But I can't keep Robyn repressed. She's there deep inside of me and yearns to get out. And I love that Robyn is such a big part of me, always. So here I am, dressing again but trying to keep somewhat discreet and a secret from my wife. I hate doing it this way, but I can't seem to help myself either. I'm trying to figure out how to approach this with her, but for now, I'm secretive. I dress when I can and am trying to find times when I can get out and about without raising suspicion. Which has been no small task because this time around I feel even more feminine, more in touch with Robyn and more confident than ever before. And Robyn wants to go out!
    "It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to." -- Jean-luc Godard

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Offspring in the house does create an issue, but right now that's not a problem for me. My biggest issue is "obligations" like work (a big time sink!), rehearsals, manual labor at home (Tina is just not into that kind of stuff), and then there is time when my wife enjoys being with my male side even if it's just time to talk.

It's just like anything else! It's just a question of priorities and maneuvering life to get to do all the things that are important.

Primarily.... Loving my wife more than my clothes...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Primarily.... Loving my wife more than my clothes...
    Awwwwww, that is so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Awwwwww, that is so sweet
    I know... A momentary laps!! Give me a few minutes to recover! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    As a retiree with a working wife, all is well until the summer months. It would be much more convenient if school was year around! The drought lasts from mid/late June until Labor Day! Oh, well. At least I know with some certainty when Stephanie can reappear.

hello everyone
    well with three boys all with in there teenage years plus my wife and she doesn't know. it's real hard to be able to dress up or even go shopping. i have dresses, shoes & other undergarments put aside. i find myself always looking around at different things, but with the way things are it is so difficult. i would love to post a photo sometime. in the early morning before taking off for work i may dress up and prepare breakfast in undergarments or a simple dress with heels or just barefoot. doing makeup or painting nails would be out of the question.

I have done the married with children thing. [And it was great!]
    I am now out the other side and have a place of my own.
    It’s the only way I know to have no restrictions on dressing and living the life I want to.
    It’s not for everyone but for me its living the dream.

SUZY

Being in the closet means that you have to take the time that you get which is very rare... So I do other things each day like lipstick, longer nails, a little mascara and conceiler.
    Hugs and Kisses,

Vanessa Jane

One time when we had one of those bad hurricanes I didn't do it for more than month

My wife has known since about day 1 and has hated it since about day 1...so I certainly don't do much if she is around.

When my young teenage son comes to stay. He stays over a couple of nights a week and has no idea about my secret.

no secrets, no obstacles. People want the obstacles they have. plain and simple.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have discovered the, "Secret of controlling your CDing", Kim! Dress whenever U feel the need! Even if that means: the middle of the nite, in a motel, at the office after work, or out in my storage garage!

As long as I know I can dress WHENEVER THE URGE HITS ME, the urge DOESN'T HIT ME AS OFTEN! Lol!

(Hey! It works for me, anyway!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Serry, that sounds like a pretty good way of handling the urge... Kinda, the "give in to the force" approach!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    For me, same reasons as Karren and Marleena- my wife isn't a fan, and my children. Add in the fact that my wife works longer hours, so I have to watch the children more.

Wife and I are both retired, so I'm basically never alone. She is uttterly unsupportive, hence no time to dress for me any more. When we were working, I had an hour at home alone every day which I put to good use.

Same for me as for some others: a son who is always around, and I'm trying to make up my mind if I want him to know about me or not. Until I let him know, my opportunities for dressing are extremely limited. Yes, I know: the solution is obvious. It's just that the consequences aren't.

My wife doesn't want me to dress around my kids. But when they are not home, I can.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"