Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obstacles to dressing

I have but one obstacle to dressing and that is coming up in June. My son is getting married and I am not sure what I will do with that.

For me it is usually travel as my wife and I often travel for up to a mointh at a time, usually in foreign countries. The other restriction would be when we have house guests. Outside of that there are no rerstrictions other than scheduled events at home.

Miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    For me it is usually travel as my wife and I often travel for up to a mointh at a time, usually in foreign countries. The other restriction would be when we have house guests. Outside of that there are no rerstrictions other than scheduled events at home.
    Travel needn't be a total barrier, even in most foreign countries and especially if your wife is along (assuming she's OK with it). You can slip in a few items and/or share with her. Maybe can't do it all, but enough to feed your soul a bit.

Miriam

I am traveling at the moment and travel in some countries is easier than others.
    I get the feel in each country and if I am comfortable, go for it.
    Hong kong is not real easy. Not keen on Chinese jails.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love my wife and son too much to give that up. She knows that I have "issues" and struggle with them often. What she doesn't realize is that I struggle more often than not. When she travels on businness, that is my time to relax and feed Marlana to keep us all happy. My wife is mot supportive of my situation and because she works grom home, she's always there. Our son is autistic so there's another challenge in that I don't want to confuse him any more. Finally, no wig, no makeup, and recent weight loss, leaves me with very limited options.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    There are a few reasons actually, hopefully soon they'll be overcome.

#1) Lack of funds: Right now I'm jobless with physical health issues and depression.
    However, I do have a supportive family and people looking to help me find suitable work.

#2) While I have a supportive family for health reasons, I have no idea how they would react if I told them about the other things.
    This is not going to happen until I have a safety net of some kind.

#3) This ties into #1, I need everything. The hair, the makeup, the clothes all have to be together.
    Go big or go home, I can't wear anything if I still feel I look like a man.

#4) I have nowhere to go, even if I had all the resources the only thing that I could do would be spending hours getting dressed to sit in my room. Keeping myself trapped in four walls.

Actually it feels good to get that out.
    WOW! I could have written this almost my situation and the way I feel about my dressing. And we are years a[part in age.
    #2 is not an issue for me I'm happy to say. My SO is the only person in my life and she is miles away...for now.
    #3 That's exactly how I feel too! I thought I was the only one that wants to dress completely or not at all for the most part.
    I too have just lost my job.I have some minor health issues, (leg and foot pain) and lack of funds.
    #4 Ialso get that "all dressed up and no place to go" feeling.

I am currently renting a room from a GG that has in the past prevented me from dressing since she is home as much as me. She is friendly, considerate and a sweet sexy attractive 42 year old. But we have kept our personal lives privatre from each other. You might say we are friends, but not friendly enough taht I wanted to tell her. Now her's the latest. Sge had lost her job too. So, last week she packed up and moved out of state to take a job. So for now i have the house all to myself. So once I get beyond this jobless situation, i will have the place and the time to dress again.

for me it' working 70 + hrs wa week and on weekends grandkids are around. So I find time when and where I can

While my wife totally accepts my dressing, she does not wish to be a part of it. To dress while on a trip with her would be pushing the limits too far. I can still be shaved, have painted toe mails, wear ear rings and a nightie to bed, but that is as far as it is going to go while traveling.

For me, I mostly dress as I want right now, although I don't don't fully dress, and probably wouldn't be inclined to wear make up and dresses every day even if I could.

The only real obstacle I face with any of it is the permanent image of me dressed en femme, which would be permanently burned into the mind of any family, friends, or associates who might encounter while I'm out and about. This is why I'm happy to mostly be a jeans and t-shirt girl. I haven't hardly worn anything but obviously femme jeans in the last couple weeks, and nobody seems to notice. I sometimes wish I could wear my denim mini out in public during the summer, but I still manage to find enough places where I can enjoy the cool breeze between my legs.

Honestly there are not enough opportunities. I like to go clubbing, or go to a comic book/ anime convention go to shows etc and I just don't get to do that enough. Also school does seem to get in the way just a bit. Luckily May will be here sooner than one would expect then maybe I can do a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    no secrets, no obstacles. People want the obstacles they have. plain and simple.
    very true Miranda. I call them choices. Every one has to make choices in their life. We could choose to not have any obstacles, but have to be willing to accept the consequences.

wife @ home = drab
    wife @ grandkids = dressed
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Karen, My reasons for not dressing a lot are just what you said. The love of my wife is greater than my love of Renee. My wife knows all about Renee and says that I can dress whenever I desire. (I know what that means. lol) While she knows of my dressing and is supportive in many ways, she says that it just isnt something that she desires to see very often. I respect that view and will dress mainly when she is not around the house for longer periods of time. I feel like I need to take her feelings on the matter into account and therefore dont dress as often as I probably could. I will dress when I am doing paperwork around the office here at home as both of us have our own business. SHe will call when she is coming home and I will tell her if I am dressed and offer to change before she gets home. She will sometimes say not to bother, or will come home without calling in which case I will stay dressed. Another reason sor not dressing as much as I would like is the time factor needed to dress and then change back into male mode. If I cant have a few housrs at least to savor the time as Renee then I guess I am just too lazy to dress. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Primarily.... Loving my wife more than my clothes...
    Your replies usually make me laugh cause they are humerous but this one made me go "awww".
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"