Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Height Issues

I'm 6'4". I genrally won't wear heels over 3". Of course if I was long and sylph-like, as some of you seeem to be, I wouldn't mnd being taller, but I'm definitely a BB(tg)W

Even in low heels I have yet to be at a T event where I wasn't the tallest person in the room.

C'est la vie.

At least when my wife goes with me I have some altitude company; she is over 6' in the heels she usually wears.

Embrace the height! If your legs look great, that will be what will be noticed more than your stature. Sadly, I need a little work there. But I accept I will never change my height without serious calcium deficiency, and it is a little reassuring to know (as others pointed out) that you fit into at least one category among the world's most desirable women.
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

I shared once before. I was self-concious way back when. Wife and I went to dinner...and are sitting there waiting for a table. In walk two Dallas Diamonds. I'm 6'2 and they are easily 4 inches taller than me. We chatted for about 10 minutes while they waited as well. Being "short" in such company I watched others and after this lil meeting my confidence went through the roof. Never looked back...

Jenn

I wonder when the last time this height scale for females was revised? I'm seeing way more tall girls (around 6 feet) than when I was in high school/college. The trend is definitely taller.

I'm 6'5", and approach 7' in platform heels, it certainly isn't much fun looking at the top of everyones heads, so I hope girls start getting taller, I won't feel quite so alone up in the clouds.

Pheobe.
    Pheobe.

taken from and earlier post: "My solution is to do what tall genetic girls do, which is not call attention to myself by wearing heels in places which are illuminated well.! "

OK I had to respond to that.. with..WHAT?? No one told me that as a GG who stands six feet tall barefoot that I am not allowed to wear heels in well lit rooms!! Gah THE HORROR! Sorry..just had to laugh at that. Trust me I don't give a rat's ass if I am six four or taller when I wear heels. If I can walk in them I'm going to wear them..well lit situation or not. Now if only my two bum knees would allow me to once again wear my heels out and about .. life would be GRAND!

I say to all of the fabulous tall girls here..wear your heels with pride and style. Being tall ROCKS (most of the time..lol)

B

Hi Leana,

I'm just up the highway from you in Chattanooga. I'm the same height as you. It used to bother me but no longer. Just yesterday, I noticed a woman on the grocery who was just as tall as me. I've adopted the attitude of being proud of my height because it does make me stand out. People notice tall women, especially other women (in my experience). If my height "outs me," it was probably going to happen anyhow. I'd rather be tall than at the other end of the range.

Quote Originally Posted by babs816 GG View Post
    taken from and earlier post: "My solution is to do what tall genetic girls do, which is not call attention to myself by wearing heels in places which are illuminated well.! "

OK I had to respond to that.. with..WHAT?? No one told me that as a GG who stands six feet tall barefoot that I am not allowed to wear heels in well lit rooms!! Gah THE HORROR! Sorry..just had to laugh at that. Trust me I don't give a rat's ass if I am six four or taller when I wear heels. If I can walk in them I'm going to wear them..well lit situation or not. Now if only my two bum knees would allow me to once again wear my heels out and about .. life would be GRAND!

I say to all of the fabulous tall girls here..wear your heels with pride and style. Being tall ROCKS (most of the time..lol)

B
    I couldn't agree more! I love the "rules" or bits of "wisdom" such as tall girls shouldn't wear heels. I think we should wear what we want. As a cross dresser, I don't think heels are going to be the deciding factor in passing or not. I just can't imagine an observer thinking I'm a GG if not for those heels. No wonder tall GGs feel self-conscious about their height with pressure not to wear shoes which make them taller. Tall is beautiful!

I am 6' in my bare feet and close to 6'6 in platforms.

The only really bad time I ever had was going to a Fetish Club party many years ago and my wig got caught in the upper door jam! So here I am blocking the doorway trying to get my wig untangled from the old wood above my head. Needless to say it was pretty funny after I finally got through the door!.

this is a topic that keeps coming up, but I, at 5'10", see SOOOOOO many GG's that are way taller than I am that I don't think you tall girls need to be the least bit concerned about it

Height is a good thing. I'm tall and I own it and so should you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    Here is a site with height/weight charts for men and women.
    http://www.halls.md/chart/height-weight.htm

You are not the only one, I'm 5'6"-ish myself
    Acording to my doctor as you get older you do get smaller, on a medical exam i said i was 5`-6" when he measured me i was
    only 5`-5"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Silver Member
    I'm 6'3"

I don't wear heels yet... working up the confidence to do so.

But I've NEVER had issues. I get looks, but what tall hot woman doesn't?

On a humorous vein, at 6'2" what I need are the opposite of those "elevator" shoes they sell to GMs. I need shoes that *look* like sky-high platforms, but which put my actual heel only a half-inch above the ground!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    I'm 6'3"
    . . .
    I get looks, but what tall hot woman doesn't?
    I like the way you think, Bree!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    6 feet tall is taller than 98% of North American women, huh? Oh, that is just great to know. I hadn't heard that statistic before. I am 6 foot 4. So where does that put me? Sigh.

Anne, I hate to do it to you again, but have you read your tag line lately?

Lea

Banned Read only
    Just this evening after work,I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items for a recipe I want to make. I was wearing 4" heels. That put me at about 6'4". As I approached the vegtable area, there were 4 women that I know. They are all GGs. They ranged from 6'4" to 6'8". The five of us stood there chatting it up while everyone else went about their business. It didn't cause any problems for anyone. Nobody yelled, OMG look at those tall ladies.

It is all in your head! Get over it! There are tall women in this world! Go be yourself and wear what you want.