Thread: Farting shoes, Counseling, and Acceptance.

Talking Farting shoes, Counseling, and Acceptance.

1) I just bought a pair of heels a couple of weeks ago.
    I tried them on when they got here last night (much to the chagrin of the postlady), and they fit nicely.
    Then, I put them on today, and every time I take a step, a little bit of air expels from the right shoe! It's almost as if my foot has gas. I don't really know what is causing it, but it's taking away from the great feeling of femininity I get from wearing them.

2) I also went and saw my psychiatrist yesterday, and I finally told him about my crossdressing. He recommended several websites (this wasn't one of them, unfortunately), along with a gender therapist and TG/CD group therapy, which takes place at the same counseling facility!
    Which segues into...

3) It took my dad a while, but after I opened up to my psychiatrist, he started warming up to the idea that his son is a crossdresser.

So, except for the farting shoes (Which I'd like some advice on), it was a pretty Kick-ass (Can we say ass?) day.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Loretta, I don't have a straight answer for your farting heels, but other flat-soled shoes like tennies will readily do the same. My solution is to pull the shoe's liner out and sprinkle a little talcum or baby powder inside. Then replace the liner.

If your heels continue to "pass gas", then avoid people!

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Very glad your Dad is warming up to your cross dressing. That can provide such heartwarming support.

Let your psychiatrist know about this site, expand his horizons, and if he knows of it question him on why he did not recommend it. might be interesting to get his take on what he thinks we are doing here.

As for the farting shoes, quit putting the beans in them at night...Try rubbing some talcum powder of something like that along the sides of the shoes. If that fails drill a hole in the bottom.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member
    I have no advice on the farting shoe, but to quote an old housemate of mine: "Nothing says love like a farting shoe." I really thought I'd never have occassion to use that line, so thank you for the opportunity.

And glad to hear about the good news with the therapist, trans group, and the old man's coming around.

Maybe it's only all the wine, Loretta... but I can't stop giggling about your heels...
    Kick-ass heels for a Kick-ass day?
    Perhaps I'm only very happy for you and your Dad!
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

I hate that "fart" noise that I get with some of my sandals in the summer. I have no idea how to make it stop and it's quite embarrassing.

It's from moisture in the shoe from perspiring so that's why the talcum powder works. it dries out the moisture, but just for a little while. You'll have to keep applying it or it will happen again. When this happens a lot with a pair of shoes I have I throw them out.

I had a pair of sandals that the right sandal does the same thing. Being a believer that everything ever made can be fixed to work properly, I took the sandal apart. The noise came from the heel which was made of corrugated cardboard inside.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm with Gaby, Loretta! Thank u so much for the belly laffs, girl!
    "Farting shoes!" RFL!

As for actual farting, I find my tuck usual takes care of THAT ISSUE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    As for actual farting, I find my tuck usual takes care of THAT ISSUE!
    Joan Rivers once said, "My pantyhose are so tight that when I fart my ankles swell up!"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

All I can advise to you for the farting shoe problem Loretta is this, for God's sake DON'T WEAR THEM TO THE AIRPORT....YOU WILL NEVER GET THROUGH SECURITY WITH THOSE THINGS......
    ♥'s
    Cath