Thread: credit cards

credit cards

have any of you had a credit card issued for your femme side? I'm thinking about ordering a couple of cards for me when I'm out shopping or traveling as Margo

Thanks Ladies!

margo

Most stores, hotels, rental car desks, etc. require ID when using a credit card. If the name on the credit card does not match the one on your ID, some stores may not accept the credit card. Some look at the last name and some look at the entire name. With all of the credit fraud and identity theft going on, many places are being more strict. If you have to show an ID with your real name, why bother having a credit card in your femme name? Also, if you apply for a credit card using a false name, technically that is fraud. While the chances of getting caught or there being a problem is low, is it worth the chance? Finally, if it shows up on your credit report and requires an explanation in the future, how are you going to explain it?

No, but my debit card has just initials for the the first and middle name. So, it can work either way. I have had to show ID several times and have not had a problem.
    Last edited by daarleane; 02-22-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: wanted to add a thought.

It is easy as cinch to get credit cards with your femme name. The account number stays the same, just add another member. I have two cards that say Nathalie, and I use them when in the other gender.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Never even thought of it! Like the idea, though. I rely on cash only usually.

At one time I had a second card issued to Danielle but often when using it I would get resistance as "Oh, he is trying to use his wife's card!". Then I'd have to pull out my other card. (when dressed androgenously and buying a skirt suit on sale)

Getting a credit card in your fem name is as simple as contacting your credit card issuer and request a duplicate card in another name. I have had a duplicate card in Nicole's name for several years and have almost never encountered a problem. Technically, the merchants who advertises that they accept credit card purchases should know that when an individual makes a purchase and pays for it with a credit card, the merchant is dealing with your bank, not with you. This means that the bank that issued your credit card is guaranteeing payment, not you. This also means that the merchant is not supposed to ask for ID, unless your credit card does not contain a signature.

The only problem that I have ever had was with a merchant who insisted that I provide personal information which I refused to provide. They then refused to sell me the items I wanted to buy so I walked out. When I got home, I called the bank that issued my card and reported what had happened. The bank agreed with me, took the name of the business and less than 6 months later the business went out of business.

I simply got a card with my first initial (which happens to be the same male and female). When I get asked for an ID - so far only on hotel check in - it matches. Of course last month, the hotel clerk didn't want to believe my driver's license was really me!

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Once the name is creeping into banking records, isn't it time to make the name legal?

Gold Member
    Oh why not be in your face. My bank does the credit cards where you can select a picture to put on your card. So I put one of Sue on it but still with his name. I don't know if any of them have even looked at the name (not that I am fooling anyone). Once they see I match the picture on the card, that is good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    Once the name is creeping into banking records, isn't it time to make the name legal?
    No, Some of us are not full-timers.
    When I'm out as Nathalie, I pay as Nathalie.....just like my credit card says.
    That includes car rentals, restaurants, hotel rooms, Best Buy, whatever.

when out enfemme I use my male credit card and checks that match my male ID. I have had not problems using any of them. Have had a few comments through the years like " this is not your id" or "this is really you,
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

This seems so weird to me asking for i.d. to use credit cards. Here in the U.K. we use a system called chip and pin, the card has a chip in the plastic hence "the chip" and u r given a 4 digit number. When buy you insert it into the reader at the till and put in ur number and that's you done. No i.d needed.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I almost never get asked for ID using a credit card. I know a number of professional people who use a different name professionally and have cards in both names. There is no fraud because the card number is the same and the original issuer is responsible for the expenses.

Then again, one can get an ID in one's femme name. Check the threads about this on this forum.

tina

I have cards in my name and have for about 5 years. Just call and ask for an additional card in your femme name. They don't ask for any other information if your account is in good standing.
    As for retailers asking for ID when you use your card...I believe that is against the merchant agreement with the card company. If they have any question about the card all they do is process it for an approval and if one is give they are covered...end of story. If they ask me for ID I will just refuse and tell them to process the transaction.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've been thinking about getting debit card with my fem name on it. Usually when you purchase something with a debit card they don't ask for ID, you just swipe the card and enter a PIN.
    Dana Ryan