Thread: Viewing ourselves as others see us

Viewing ourselves as others see us

Hi, I've often wondered if we could see ourselves as others see us. What would you think and what would we change if that was possible ?

Me I would possibly get a wig and try to b more feminine in my mannerisms.

Might be better for our self esteem if we don't know how others see us.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Hi Dominique,
    I'll never forget that first moment when I presented to my SO - I can still see the look in her eyes as she scanned me!
    She wasn't impressed - but I didn't mind - "relieved" best describes my feelings.
    Much of how she reacted was how I assumed she would react - not at all offensive, but quite critical!

She has worried since how others (would) see me if I presented openly in normal everyday life - I don't anymore.
    Two other close GG-friends have experienced me dressed once - that was interesting for us and an exception.
    My Ex "caught me dressed" more than once and she had an understandably negative opinion - but that doesn't count because CDing wasn't an option for me in those days. Now I know that that was really silly of me.

I know that if I do go out at some stage then I'll want people to admire me and my sense of style.
    I would love more than anything else in the world that my two daughters to be proud as punch of a dressed me!
    They don't know (I think) and there's no rush - I just love the CDed feeling for the good vibes it gives me.

Oh, I've decided to let my hair grow longer and discussed that with my (new) hairdresser last week.
    She was thrilled!
    Gaby

All the best, Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    Hi, I've often wondered if we could see ourselves as others see us. What would you think and what would we change if that was possible ?

Me I would possibly get a wig and try to b more feminine in my mannerisms.
    Well, I take lots of photos when I'm out and I study them later. It helps.

I think videos would be better but it's pretty hard to make a video of yourself except walking away from and back to the camera. I did that a couple times. You would really have to have someone follow you around with a video camera while you do normal things like walk down the street, walk around the mall, etc., and for that to happen, you would need someone who accepts your crossdressing and is willing to help.

Now if your wife or SO knows and accepts, she would be the person to help you with choice of clothes, hair, makeup, etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Video does a lot to shatter the illusion one has of ones self.
    Look at it critically and you can improve it.
    I recoreded my voice many times over to practice a good radio voice.
    This worked well, now sing with a feminine voice to get that working.
    A fem radio voice is next!!!!!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    We can't be objective in the way we see ourselves. I remember one day when I was having some hand moisturizing in my hands, and I was feeling very feminine. I turned to see myself in the mirror and I looked like an Olympic gymnast pouring powder before getting in the bars. Boomer! :-)

But really, one of the reasons I've stopped crossdressing is because of the pictures and videos I took about myself while dressed. They are way more accurate than a mirror, and don't ask me why. I just see a ridiculous man in a dress. It just broke all the illusion.

The urge is still there sometimes, but now I understand that it's pointless to pretend that I can look feminine.

Not much Hon. As a guy, I know I'm almost 65. When en femme, I'm usually told I look no older than 45. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning