Thread: The most awesome, amazing

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar

The most awesome, amazing

Day! had lunch with my local CD group, the River City Gems. If you have never done this, girls, please meet your local group. Just being able to talk to others who have our same interest is the biggest watershed moment you could ask for if you've never talked to other CD's before. This was only the second time I did it, and I loved every minute of it.
    Then, a good friend of mine and I went for a wig fitting. One of our friends/sisters found the perfect wig! I'll let her tell more if she chooses. I promise I'll have more later but have to run now. The only question I have is: Red or Sandy blonde? Have to decide by next week, and it's a tough call.

...makes me jeloius that you have a local group to go to. Sounds like you had a great time.

Leanne

So glad you have this , I was talking to one of the local cd here about helping her to form a group for other cd's in our area So I might be doing this we are in the discussion process right now . I love red hair Im a red head ( bottled of course ) but Noone needs to know that giggles .
    My favorite motto's ." Live life to the fullest" , "Nobody is gonna stand up for you but you so live you life how you want" , “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” , Be true to yourself

Ah, let's try this again- hate it when you push the wrong button and lose your post!
    It really was a fun day, best part about the Gems is that everyone is so ordinary- we all are a little different re: age, and have different goals in mind, but we would have fit in if we were there for a fantasy football draft. This is a really fun group, Leanne, keep looking, we're everywhere and I hope you can find people like this.
    After the lunch, Shy/Janelle and I went to get our hair- she really got a great wig, but I'll save that for her, but you all would be jealous of how good this looks.
    I had an idea in mind, but after the shop owner Julia (fyi- her shop is known as About Face Studio in Orangevale, CA, you won't find a more friendly shop or more private place) asked me about my ethnicity and eye color. She had me try on a short, red (light hue, almost strawberry red) wig with bangs. It fit great, looked great, and Julia, her husband, one of their friends, and Janelle said it really brought out a "peaches and cream" complexion in me- I'm not even close to smart enough to tell you if this is accurate, but it was really nice to hear. I didn't want to take it off, and was ready to leave after putting down a deposit (should have timed this for after pay day), when she had me try on the Sandy blonde wig. This was also a big hit, and it matched my eye brows much better. So, now i have to choose between two really cool wigs, not sure what I'll do.
    Kelly- your secret is of course safe with me. But is it hard to match the brows? More difficult than I can probably handle? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this
    Hugs, Janice
    Last edited by Jacqueline Winona; 02-25-2012 at 01:04 AM.

I just want to second every thing Janice said we had a awesome day. I got a great wig and it was great meeting Janice and the River City gems.It was more than I could have dreamed. When I got home I put my wig on for my wife and she loved it and was happy I had such a great day. I am so grateful to Janice for suggesting it. Hugs, Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Glad you girls had a great time and got to meet Julia and her husband Freddie. I was over to their house for dinner that same day and Julia was telling me about the two wonderful girls who had bought wigs earlie in the day. She said that the wigs really worked for each of you and that she saw a little sparkle in you're eyes when you saw them on. Julia loves to make us beautiful and to feel pampered and excepted. She does facials and makeovers as well as electrolysis, all in a private setting. You can arrive in drab, get femme and have a wonderful facial (about one hour long) and then a makeover and leave her studio looking fabulous for adinner or drinks on the town.
    If you decide to have electrolysis she is probably the best there is, always trying to make sure you are comfortable by using a state of the art machine. See my post about being a model for electrolysis where Julia tested the new machine to ensure it would deliver on it's promise of being better. During the demonstration I had several operators work on my face and I can tell first hand ther were only two which did not have me wanting to cry, Julia and Randa ( the owner of the Montery school of electrolysis). Hope to meet you two some time in the near future.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Paultette, thank you for sharing this! Julia, Freddie, and Robin (their friend) were so nice and helpful! I'm glad they knew how happy the entire session made me, especially the wigs! And as for putting people at ease, After I left, my only thought was "why was I so nervous or afraid of this?"

Hugs, Janice

I'm lucky with the fit, Purple- they both fit well, I'm more sure of the red because I had it on the longest, turned my head upside down to see if it would work more, etc. but there was nothing at all wrong with the blonde. I just want to make sure I get it right. I like the red better right now, not sure if it is because I tried it first or not, but the bangs issue is a really good point. It is nice to have a choice, and I still have a few days to make up my mind.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Janice, one of the things you should consider is the color of your eyes and your complexion. The red can look really nice if you have blue eyes and fair skin. Also what is your natural hair color (although as girls we get to choose our color) as it might show nuder the wig depending on style. I always make the tough decision by just buying both and then I know that I will be right!
    Observation of hair color and eye brow color of the women you come in contact with each and every day will be helpful as well. Remember that natal women embark on their journey to find the "right" look for themselves at an early age where wearing purple eyeshadow during the day looks cute on 12 year old. As cross-dressers we must fast forward to an acceptable look in a very short period of time learning to apply make up without the clown effect. Another nice feature of working with Julia as a natal female she can advise you on the color that best suits you overall coloring (eyes, natural hair, skin tone). Julia will even help with your feminine deportment as a woman if you let her know you would like her help. She is way too kind to mention that you are sitting like a truck driver if you do not give her permission to do so.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I went to our local Grand Rapids support group last night. GRtransgender.org
    It was good to get together again. Actually I gave away a wig, and a FtoM wanted it. Go figure. Medium long dark and curly. But no problem I have eleven more wigs. And then a cd frieng gave me some books and two pair of very tall shoes. One silver and one gold. She knew my size, as she is about the same. But I then gave away the gold and kept the silver--open toe 4 inch heels with small platform.