Thread: Irrational fears, what is yours?

Irrational fears, what is yours?

I mentioned this in another thread but I have a fear of boob falling out of my jiggle bra while bending over, or running.lol. Then theres the fear of some idiot reading me and pulling my wig off! I'm sure everybody must have worst case scenarios in their mind.

I have the fear of the wrong person finding out and being a hater or my youngest daughter we already have issues and have not been close since my divorce .But since for now i kinda hide everthing fairly well this is irrational i think
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

When I'm out I feel that everyone and a mean everyone is looking at me (I'm 6'4" in 3" heels). I dress nicely and try to blend in...I know its a fear created in my mind...but I'm working on it.

Going to Wallyworld dressed, sometimes even in drab.

"I'm sorry, I cannot help you."

Terrified I say!
    Damn you thin skin!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Then theres the fear of some idiot reading me and pulling my wig off!
    I used to fear this too but becuase it's not happened I've kinda got used to the fear and it no longer bothers me but I do think I would just die on the spot if someone pulled my wig off in public . I suppose my biggest fear is not that I will get read per se, but more that when I get read the person somehow feels threatened by me and wants to harm me. So, yeah getting beaten up is my biggest fear. I don't like confrontation.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but I have a fear of boob falling out of my jiggle bra while bending over, or running.lol. Then theres the fear of some idiot reading me and pulling my wig off! I'm sure everybody must have worst case scenarios in their mind.
    Yea, I know what you mean, however I post these more in the "concern" file, than the "fear" file... When I first started out, my thing for the fear file was being read and beaten/killed. Lately though, I have also downgraded this one to the "concern" file, as I have learned that 99% of the population is to busy "looking out for #1" to worry about waht the next person is doing.
    I think little of even having what I call a hlf and half day. I've obseverd wakling arround campus or WallyWorld that no matter how obvious I am, or am not, people look up from the i-phone, or grocery list, smirk, and go right back to whatever they were doing before.

None I cannot handle.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Something I'm not aware of. I have some very strange dreams at times. I had one just last night. With a lot of my dreams, I'm convinced there's a message in there for me, but I never can figure it out. The details are so vivid and relate to things I've experienced in the past or have been thinking about recently. There's something going on inside me, but I'm not sure what it is. I know I should go to a therapist. Should have done that a long time ago. The main reason I never have is that there's nothing I hate worse than people laughing at me. And that's exactly what a therapist would do. My dreams are crazy.

Annabelle
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-25-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: referenced post has been deleted

It seems my new irrational fear might be Julia.

Well, mine has nothing to do with this forum...
    My irrational (I hope) fear is that some radical idiot in the Middle East is going to create such havoc in the world that it's going to mess things up beyond repair.
    I suppose that since I'm closing in on retirement age I'm getting more concerned with my finances and my ability to be able to finally sit back and relax a bit. With all the turmoil the last few years I'm beginning to wonder if I will be able to do that and more so I wonder if our children will be able to have a peaceful world much as we have had the last 40 years.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

OMG, someone opening the bathroom door while i'm dressing, especially before I have my hair on.

for me just anyone reading me that why I'm a behind closed door dresser. That my worst fear someone see me and telling the world

Platinum Member
    hmmm, irrational fears....I don't know that I have any relating to CDing. I love to fly, but I have to confess that despite that I'm something of a white knuckle passenger. I think I feel uncomfortable relinquishing control to the pilot - even tho he/she is certainly more qualified than I am to handle an aircraft. I'm not anywhere near as nervous in a private plane, even though statistically, its far more dangerous.

All my fears are rational!! Especially the one about big ass spiders!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I just don't want to have some little kid look at me with a quizzical expression. Kids are way too precious to cause them confusion.

Adults are on their own though.
    [/SIZE]

Makeup addict!
    I guess my irrational fear is my makeup melting off while outside.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    MY FEAR'S NOT irrational! It's that I'll say something REALLY STUPID HERE! (Again!) And, get banned!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    All my fears are rational!! Especially the one about big ass spiders!!
    That sounds like an irrational rational fear to me!

hi, my name is TaÃ*s and I have an irrational fear of dying in my sleep when wearing women's garments to bed.

[SIZE="1"](collective hug)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]*disclaimer: physical health is fine ty[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

I have a irrational fear of becoming rational

Some hilarious answers here!

I have many irrational fears, because I have an anxiety disorder. Or maybe I have the disorder because I have so many irrational fears. Anyway. The strange thing is that my dressing-related irrational fears are much less bad than the regular ones. I am very afraid of someone starting a conflict with me (verbal or physical) when I'm out (I don't go out much). I don't mind being read or gawked at, since that is pretty much inevitable, but the thought of some yokel picking a fight (and everybody looking) is terrifying. It's not very likely, though. And even then, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened. I can handle this fear very well, which I cannot say is the case for the other ones.

@Annabelle:
    I know I should go to a therapist. Should have done that a long time ago. The main reason I never have is that there's nothing I hate worse than people laughing at me. And that's exactly what a therapist would do.
    I don't know if you're being serious here... but if you are, let me assure you that a good therapist will not laugh at you. If you can afford therapy money/time-wise, and you feel like you need it, you should do it. If possible, try to inform yourself about the quality of the therapists in your area (your doctor may have more information, I don't know how these things are organised in your country), and pick a good one. Going on a waiting list for a good therapist, instead of settling for a lesser one who is available right away, is preferable (unless your distress is urgent).

As an aside, in my personal experience, a professional healthcare worker who laughs (a bit) at your affliction is a good sign. When they go silent and get serious is when you need to start worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Noortje View Post

I don't know if you're being serious here... but if you are, let me assure you that a good therapist will not laugh at you.
    I'm quite serious. I have some crazy dreams. If a therapist didn't laugh, I'd be disappointed: I think there'd be something wrong with him/her.

Someone reading me in a store and makeing a huge scene.