Thread: Can a Bad Boy become a GOOD GIRL?

Complex Lolita...

Can a Bad Boy become a GOOD GIRL?

[SIZE="2"]“I have no idea why I’m writing this...” (Anne2345)

I hear the phrase (or moniker) BAD BOY a lot these days, as in “Check out this bad boy,” or “Can you handle this bad boy?” or even, “You’re such a bad boy!” Yeah, it’s cool to be a bad boy, in fact bad boy is synonymous with “unusually cool,” in the lexicon of the 21st century. A bad boy is a person, often of the male gender, who does things which will often be thought of as acts of coolness. He is not afraid to stand out in a crowd, he is loud, he doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and in fact he is a true individual. He is gorgeous (in a self-possessed way) and nothing less, especially if you’re “in” to this kind of superficial individuality...

A “bad boy” is also one who engages in deviant and obscene sexual acts within the general vicinity of public consciousness and awareness – he is both unable and unwilling to stop, mainly because it is “cool” to be engaged in such deviancy. A bad boy will SAY he is a bad boy to attract good girls – in this way, he is a typical male. OK, I must admit I am NOT a bad boy – never have been, never will be, never wanted to be. I never wished to be cool, but, if you think about it, being a MtF crossdresser is deviancy on a scale that makes the “bad boy” blush like a cherub. I may not engage in obscene acts at the periphery of public consciousness, but I am certainly doing my deviant best as I stroll forth in clothes I was not meant to wear. To society, I am BAD...

You never hear, “Check out THIS bad boy – he’s wearing a dress!” Yeah – I submit that I am way, WAY cooler than anyone who tries to be “bad” to attract girls, in fact I’m bad on a level that most adolescents (and adults alike) can only dream of. I did this from scratch and imagination, using a type of courage that most males dismiss. Speaking of “dismiss,” can I say that I BECAME the good girl I’m trying to attract? I mean, why not? Skip the middleman, and do something really cool, namely becoming a representation of a girl, if not the girl herself. I laugh when I hear the phrase “bad boy” trotted out like some badge of honor – I’m so unusually cool that I tucked the bad boy away, and, I need to tell you, I’m unwilling to stop! I am a TRUE individual...

Of course, very few would consider what I do to be “cool,” or “bad,” or even evidence of a strong display of individuality, but it would be considered deviant in the extreme, possibly evidence of obscene sexual practices, and thus thoroughly ACROSS the imaginary line of decency. That’s too bad, because I’m trying to be a good girl. I dress like one; therefore I am “good.” The clothes flip a switch in my brain, and I assume the mental position I have desired since birth. However, make no mistake; I am a boy, and not a good boy, either. I’ve done many bad things, and I don’t mean “cool” things meant to attract girls. My dressing represents a conscious effort to be a good girl, as a kind of queer doppelganger or reflection of a truer self. Nobody walks into the tool department at Home Depot, picks up a huge screwdriver and says, “Get a load of this GOOD GIRL!” and that is exactly why I strive to be good AND a girl...

Girls and goodness are not synonymous, but there is this notion of the “good girl.” I’ve met many bad girls in my time, and a few good girls. I’ve even met some truly interesting boys who were nonetheless good girls in boy’s clothing. The latter were TRULY interesting, not to be confused with “cool.” Theoretically, "a good girl always tries to look her best, always tries to be feminine, graceful, elegant and beautiful. She looks after her body; always attractive, pretty, or beautiful, and she does the best with what she has." Isn’t that what the MtF crossdresser does? A good girl also behaves like a sweet innocent girl, is smart but polite, and is “decently” sexy. In other words, she’s never been caught. I’ve never been caught, either, be it dressing, or caught during an “act” whilst dressed. I find it very amusing that, if I had been caught, my accusers would rather I be a bad boy than try to be a good girl. Oh, it can get very confusing, my gender-queer friends...

There’s a huge paradox at work here. In order to “become” a good girl, I have to employ all those qualities that distinction-makers use to describe BAD girls. In the latter case, a female may reject her femininity in a reckless manner, be self-possessed, rebellious, and not care what people may think about her “expression.” She, the bad girl, is also a critical thinker and artistic – need I point out that an artistic nature is, in itself, seen as a form of deviancy? The bad girl takes risks, putting some distance between what she really wants to be and what others WANTED her to be. I, a male who dresses in female clothing, am also taking a huge risk, eschewing my masculinity to entertain a new concept of self, borne on the wings of artistic endeavor. It is rebellious to the core, grafted to self-expression, somewhat reckless and deviant in the extreme. On the other hand, I DO care what others think, as long as the “others” are sympathetic and/or familiar with critical thinking (not outsiders, I mean). By contrast, a good girl aims to please, with plenty of repression and/or submission in the mix. I am on an emotional diet of sorts, using shyness as a shield against the world. My inherent nature brought me to this point, putting healthy self-expression to good use...

Good girls get a bad rap these days, but it can be a kind of façade, a psychological smokescreen that either keeps harm at bay, or keeps precious feelings within. Good girls may be imbued with certain...skills...that nonetheless ascribe to their need to please. This is the antithesis to the bad boy, who seeks pleasure and isn’t too choosy, or the bad girl, who may be the center of attention in her own self-created world. I’m neither, and the fact that I’m a good girl in appearance speaks volumes about how really I am, deep down inside, by tucking away masculinity and all vestiges of accepted anti-behavior. Perhaps this is why the world at large has such a problem with a boy who would wear a dress as a form of expression – he seeks to please himself, by letting what is within come out to play, and he sometimes “plays” the role of a good girl. Since good girls are suspect in terms of emotional growth because of their repressed personalities, I feel free to put on the discarded uniform of such individuals and literally wear my sexuality on my sleeve. As such, I am too deviant for words, and “badder” than any bad boy can imagine, in fact I’m downright sick...

I’ve read that good girls (and women) are attracted to bad boys. Maybe this helps to explain why everyone (GG’s especially) have such a problem with MtF crossdressers. Are you now, or have you ever been, a bad boy? More importantly, don’t you think MtF crossdressing is COOL?
    [/SIZE]

Makeup addict!
    Oh yes

I don't know if I'd classify myself as a "bad boy", but I'm often seen as a cool guy. A buddy told me recently that I'm a bro. Even so, I like to dress up as a good girl. I don't know if I'd classify it as cool since I never think "that's cool and that's not cool".

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]“I have no idea why I’m writing this...” (Anne2345)

I hear the phrase (or moniker) BAD BOY a lot these days, as in “Check out this bad boy,” or “Can you handle this bad boy?” or even, “You’re such a bad boy!” Yeah, it’s cool to be a bad boy, in fact bad boy is synonymous with “unusually cool,” in the lexicon of the 21st century. A bad boy is a person, often of the male gender, who does things which will often be thought of as acts of coolness. He is not afraid to stand out in a crowd, he is loud, he doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and in fact he is a true individual. He is gorgeous (in a self-possessed way) and nothing less, especially if you’re “in” to this kind of superficial individuality...

A “bad boy” is also one who engages in deviant and obscene sexual acts within the general vicinity of public consciousness and awareness – he is both unable and unwilling to stop, mainly because it is “cool” to be engaged in such deviancy. A bad boy will SAY he is a bad boy to attract good girls – in this way, he is a typical male. OK, I must admit I am NOT a bad boy – never have been, never will be, never wanted to be. I never wished to be cool, but, if you think about it, being a MtF crossdresser is deviancy on a scale that makes the “bad boy” blush like a cherub. I may not engage in obscene acts at the periphery of public consciousness, but I am certainly doing my deviant best as I stroll forth in clothes I was not meant to wear. To society, I am BAD...

You never hear, “Check out THIS bad boy – he’s wearing a dress!” Yeah – I submit that I am way, WAY cooler than anyone who tries to be “bad” to attract girls, in fact I’m bad on a level that most adolescents (and adults alike) can only dream of. I did this from scratch and imagination, using a type of courage that most males dismiss. Speaking of “dismiss,” can I say that I BECAME the good girl I’m trying to attract? I mean, why not? Skip the middleman, and do something really cool, namely becoming a representation of a girl, if not the girl herself. I laugh when I hear the phrase “bad boy” trotted out like some badge of honor – I’m so unusually cool that I tucked the bad boy away, and, I need to tell you, I’m unwilling to stop! I am a TRUE individual...

Of course, very few would consider what I do to be “cool,” or “bad,” or even evidence of a strong display of individuality, but it would be considered deviant in the extreme, possibly evidence of obscene sexual practices, and thus thoroughly ACROSS the imaginary line of decency. That’s too bad, because I’m trying to be a good girl. I dress like one; therefore I am “good.” The clothes flip a switch in my brain, and I assume the mental position I have desired since birth. However, make no mistake; I am a boy, and not a good boy, either. I’ve done many bad things, and I don’t mean “cool” things meant to attract girls. My dressing represents a conscious effort to be a good girl, as a kind of queer doppelganger or reflection of a truer self. Nobody walks into the tool department at Home Depot, picks up a huge screwdriver and says, “Get a load of this GOOD GIRL!” and that is exactly why I strive to be good AND a girl...

Girls and goodness are not synonymous, but there is this notion of the “good girl.” I’ve met many bad girls in my time, and a few good girls. I’ve even met some truly interesting boys who were nonetheless good girls in boy’s clothing. The latter were TRULY interesting, not to be confused with “cool.” Theoretically, "a good girl always tries to look her best, always tries to be feminine, graceful, elegant and beautiful. She looks after her body; always attractive, pretty, or beautiful, and she does the best with what she has." Isn’t that what the MtF crossdresser does? A good girl also behaves like a sweet innocent girl, is smart but polite, and is “decently” sexy. In other words, she’s never been caught. I’ve never been caught, either, be it dressing, or caught during an “act” whilst dressed. I find it very amusing that, if I had been caught, my accusers would rather I be a bad boy than try to be a good girl. Oh, it can get very confusing, my gender-queer friends...

There’s a huge paradox at work here. In order to “become” a good girl, I have to employ all those qualities that distinction-makers use to describe BAD girls. In the latter case, a female may reject her femininity in a reckless manner, be self-possessed, rebellious, and not care what people may think about her “expression.” She, the bad girl, is also a critical thinker and artistic – need I point out that an artistic nature is, in itself, seen as a form of deviancy? The bad girl takes risks, putting some distance between what she really wants to be and what others WANTED her to be. I, a male who dresses in female clothing, am also taking a huge risk, eschewing my masculinity to entertain a new concept of self, borne on the wings of artistic endeavor. It is rebellious to the core, grafted to self-expression, somewhat reckless and deviant in the extreme. On the other hand, I DO care what others think, as long as the “others” are sympathetic and/or familiar with critical thinking (not outsiders, I mean). By contrast, a good girl aims to please, with plenty of repression and/or submission in the mix. I am on an emotional diet of sorts, using shyness as a shield against the world. My inherent nature brought me to this point, putting healthy self-expression to good use...

Good girls get a bad rap these days, but it can be a kind of façade, a psychological smokescreen that either keeps harm at bay, or keeps precious feelings within. Good girls may be imbued with certain...skills...that nonetheless ascribe to their need to please. This is the antithesis to the bad boy, who seeks pleasure and isn’t too choosy, or the bad girl, who may be the center of attention in her own self-created world. I’m neither, and the fact that I’m a good girl in appearance speaks volumes about how really I am, deep down inside, by tucking away masculinity and all vestiges of accepted anti-behavior. Perhaps this is why the world at large has such a problem with a boy who would wear a dress as a form of expression – he seeks to please himself, by letting what is within come out to play, and he sometimes “plays” the role of a good girl. Since good girls are suspect in terms of emotional growth because of their repressed personalities, I feel free to put on the discarded uniform of such individuals and literally wear my sexuality on my sleeve. As such, I am too deviant for words, and “badder” than any bad boy can imagine, in fact I’m downright sick...

I’ve read that good girls (and women) are attracted to bad boys. Maybe this helps to explain why everyone (GG’s especially) have such a problem with MtF crossdressers. Are you now, or have you ever been, a bad boy? More importantly, don’t you think MtF crossdressing is COOL?
    [/SIZE]
    Speaking as a sometimes bad boy, it is surprising how taking on different clothing can alter a person's standards.

I can tell you for sure that a Good Boy can become a Bad Girl =)

GG
    I don't think crossdressing is cool, I think it's cute. *ducks*

Wow, that is a very nice essay! Do you write professionally?

Lindsborg- last time i went through Salina- i was on a 500cc Yamaha, riding home from Ft. Carson, 30 years ago.

Am I a bad boy? Done a number of things i wish i could have changed- but nothing that hurt anyone. Yes, I still try to project a little 'danger'- keeps things a little more orderly. anyone interferes with the job(s) i do, or the people who are my clients- they get to see I am not a pushover. This rarely happens- somehow- i manage to project seriousness without being mean.

I think the female part of me helps- understanding the insecurity that pushes some people to bully others.

Yes, my female persona is a bit of antithesis to the 'bad boy' parts- but not the reason for it. I like to be a 'good girl' for the same reason i shovel my neighbor's walks and driveway- i'm a decent person. Gender does not have anything to do with it. I like looking cute. I like the attention is gets- i'm not a real girl, and i can't know what it is like- the few times i've gone out- and been harassed a little- (as a female) did not hit me the way it would a real girl- as gender unspecific as it is- i could handle he idiots who harassed me if necessary. Girls are smaller and do not have the same strength-

So as much as i crossdress- i'll never know what it is to be a real girl.

That bothered me for a while- but not any more- i've got the best of several worlds- so I can't pass as a woman all the time- it's enough (barely) that i can fill in the parts i like when i want.

And that, my Kansas cutie, is as cool as it gets, even if i can never look as good as Cameron Diaz does in the outfits she wears in her movies....

-kristi

P.S.: LOVE your avatar!
    Last edited by Krististeph; 02-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Aspiring Member

good girl?

"goodness had nothing to do with it , dearie"
    Mae West

Wonderful essay, Freddie, as always -- the only quibble I might have with any part of your phrasing is that I think that a bad boy can "be" (rather than "become") a "good girl" -- while the focus of your essay is elsewhere, I totally support your recognition that the "toughness," "bravery," and even "manliness" that are required to present to the world as entirely and intentionally "female" and "feminine" are hugely beyond the simplistic "courage" it takes to present as a "tough guy." In turn, this leads me to think about the fundamental, essential strength it takes to be "female" (regardless of one's genitalia) -- genetic women are routinely forced to take the world as it is, face it, accept it, deal with it, "get on with it," whether or not it flatters or hurts, and they do so almost without comment -- to my mind, this represents the greatest example of strength I can imagine -- anybody can punch somebody; only someone incredibly strong can bring a brute down without physical force. Thank you, yet again, for a thought-provoking and soul-stirring essay! Huge hugs -- Diane

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    ok..Frederique..its been so long since I have bit your hook..even if your bait has been very tastful..and to be honest, I could not read all of your 'statement'.. but I will take the question as it..

The day that i was handed money for a product that I did not buy, meaning that I was given change for a 20 that I never gave...I knew I was not a thief when I was a young lad, as I told the sales rep that I have not given her my money yet.. her response.."thank you, they would have taken it out of my pay if the register was wrong". That happened to me again later in life..

And the time I ran out with a case of beer with friends on a dare, I almost threw up.. and wanted to go back and pay for my in justice..

So..bad girl gone good? Not sure about that..but a person who knew better.. yes.. that is me... never a bad boy..so not attractive..such a good girl.. attracted to to myself.. and those who see..me..

Hope this helps to solve the wonders of the world you search for....

what does the survey say about a bad boy changing..or do you accept it as it.. even if she become a girl? will bad become good..if they don't realize they are bad? just an after thought.
    Last edited by Marissa; 02-26-2012 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Adding a tad more.. :)
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Miriam
    [SIZE=2]Very nicely expressed, Frédérique, and thank you. As usual, we can get lost in the definitions and labels. Is the girl good because she conforms to the behavioral expectations of the society around her, or because she cares for and focuses on the needs of those around her? Is the boy bad because he eschews those same behavioral norms, or because he cares little for the needs of others? As a guy, I've always strived to care for those around me and have generally conformed, but always have a certain degree of non-conformity (made it interesting as a Boy Scout leader). My expression as a gal is certainly non-conformist for a guy, but it can't change the need I feel to care for others. From the perspective of conformity, I fail to be either a good boy or good girl. From the perspective of caring, I'm both a good boy and a good girl. If I had to choose one, it would certainly be the perspective of caring. I think the world would be a much better place if everyone focused on that same perspective.

Miriam
    [/SIZE]

Could be

Maybe thats why I am what I Am ,, The origenal BAD BOY ,,, Worse ever,, Did it all an now already know whats out there an dont care ,,, Been lookin for the worse case ,, An done it all seen it all ,, But dont know it cuz ive never been a woman yet so Im on my way to see how it turns out ? So maybe thats why some of us persue the bad boy path jus to see how bad it can be before we go the other way ,, So ive seen the other side an its not that scary ,, An before you judge me just to let you know they have made a many of TV shows about jobs that I have done so make sure ya know what your talking about before ya judge me ,,, Cuz this bi:"::h has been around TRY an BE NICE
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Banned Read only
    When I was in middle and high school I was a real bully.
    I was expelled several times for fighting and was kicked off the cross country team for threatening a coach and his family.
    I was arrested for it a few times.

Most of my behavior stemed from me not accepting the fact that I was intersexed after being identified as such back in the early eighties.

Now days I take out my aggressions at the shooting range.

I'm a good girl until you meet me in a dark alley.

I transitioned five years ago but still enjoy seeing a good fight ensue at the lesbian bars. Who knows I just might join in sometime.

Julia
    Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 02-26-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Extremely cute response Julia!

Platinum Member
    Nope - never been a bad boy in the sense you're using the term. I was at times an obnoxious, tempermental person who resorted to fits of anger (ok, tantrums) when I didn't "get my way". I can't say that accepting my transgenderism is single handedly responsible for getting over that (I still have a degree of road rage), but it has certainly helped. So, I would offer the corollary hypothesis that an obnoxious jerk can become a good girl.

As for good girls being attracted to bad boys, I have seen instances, but oddly enough, in my lifetime most of the women I've dated (or married for tha matter) were and remain really good girls. I was just successful in hiding the obnoxious part early in relationships...just as I hid the CDing.

can a bad boy become a good girl.

Being from Detroit the phrase BAD BOY is often used, in reverence, to the 1980s-90s Detroit Pistons who "kicked some ass" on their way to two
    consecutive NBA championships. The term, even after some twenty years, though hackneyed, speaks to a kind of forcefullness or controled toughness
    that some would look at (expecially around here) as being resolute or able. Our language, with its loose interpertations, can create its own heroes and
    villians. Al Capone, although dead for 75 years and his life romanticised, is no bad guy but just a half-assed good guy.
    I am no bad boy or the half-brother of any such thing.I am also a male who dresses in female clothing.Funny, isnt it. I am what I have always wanted
    to be. Being a crossdresser is, as you say, "rebellious to the core". And I think it is cool to be one.......Miles Davis cool.

Chef Tony Nutaro in an infomercial touting his MIRABLE BLADE KNIVES, use the term "bad boy" in reference to some torn toast coming from the toster.
    His innocent usage as most common usages make the phrase much more tolerable than the moniker.But a word of caution here. Sometimes and in some
    settings, it is very bad to present anything other than BAD BOY. Or as Krististeph says, to "project a little danger". Being a good girl is just fine but the
    choice to be anything less than a bad boy is fodder for those superficial individuals who just might take our pantyhosed asses behind the barn......dana

Platinum Member
    There's one thing tom keep in mind.
    Good girls go mto heaven & Bad girles go everywhere
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i look like a bad boy, a real tough customer, on the outside lol. But my SO and close friends know i just like tattoos and like the drink Im a lover not a fighter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]