Thread: My first time in public

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar

My first time in public

Well the story begins a few weeks ago when I made plans to go out dressed for the first time with a girlfriend of mine who has always been supportive. We have made plans, and had to then postpone them countless times. Well we finally set a date this past sunday to meet up, have a quick lunch, then do a little shopping. Since I'm still quite rusty with doing my makeup, and hair I found a company that specializes in those fields, and they even come to your house!

The whole week leading up to this was just so nerve racking. As anyone who has ventured out can attest to. Around 11:30 saturday night I get a text that says she has to cancel due to a family emergency. After deliberating for a while I decide I have been so excited to dress up this past week, I might as well go through with the appointment. Even if I do just sit around the house. At least I could pick up some tips.

Sunday morning comes and I become more nervous by the minute not knowing what's in store for the day. My wife leaves for work around 9am which leaves me an hour before my appt to get ready. Good thing I had planned for this or else an hour wouldn't have been enough time for this girl to get prepared. I spent the next hour rushing around shaving, moisturizing, getting dressed, painting nails, etc. I finished with about 10 min to spare, whew. The girls show up to make me over, in which I pretty much give them free reign on what they want to do. It's just more fun that way I think. They spent about an hour and a half pretty much pampering me, so nice btw, in which time they tried to convince me to venture out somewhere, since according to one of them, I was looking fierce. In any case it worked. Coincidentally the girl that did my makeup, also does side work at a MAC counter in Ft. Wayne. A little over an hour drive for me. She said if nothing else drive out there, and go pick up some makeup. After deliberating for an hour, I print off directions and head out. The whole time I'm driving I was so worried I might see someone I know, and be busted as I'd have know where to hide. Thankfully that didn't happen. Unfortunately I was so focused on that, that I didn't have a gameplan for when I got to the mall where the MAC store was at. When I finally arrived at the mall I basically went into panic mode as this was one of the biggest malls I'd ever seen. I ended up parking/driving around for almost an hour before my sister and makeup girl convinced me that I'd gone that far, I might as well jump the final hurdle, since I was in communication with them the entire time. After finding a parking spot as close to the entrance as possible, I shut my car off, waited for the least amount of possible exposure, and slowly made my way toward the door. As I neared the entrance 3 younger girls came out of nowhere going in the same direction. I thought to myself I'm busted. But thankfully, they were either too caught up in their own world, or I was passing better than I expected to, because they followed me right in the mall without saying a word about me. And we all know how loud early teenage girls can be if they want to be heard. As best I could to blend in, I walked towards the counter, heels clicking with each step,(such a relaxing, yet invigorating sound to hear being as nervous as I was) I tried not too hard to make eye contact with anyone, just kept my head up toward my destination. I get to the counter to find them extremely busy. So I browsed their selections as I waited anxiously for my turn. It finally came, and nervously I asked for some lipstick, liner, and gloss. While she was pulling my order she complimented me on my makeup, and so I told her who did it, and we had a really nice conversation for a few minutes, as if I was one of the girls. I payed for my makeup, and headed towards the door, breathing a sigh of relief as I'd accomplished a major milestone in my eyes. Once back in my car, I couldn't stop smiling, as this adventure out was quite the success, and a real confidence booster.

Since I had not ate in almost 7 hours I decided to run through McDonalds on my home. I placed my order in my girliest voice possible, drove up to pay for it, and as I was being handed my food by the young girl working, she, without skipping a beat said here you go, have a nice day ma'am. I gave her the biggest smile I could, thanked her, and drove home on cloud nine.

This endeavor was definitely a win in my book. I know not every time will go that smoothly, but if you don't go out there, and try you will never build up the confidence to truly enjoy this side of yourself. At least that's the way I feel. Unfortunately now I can't stop thinking when is the next time I'll be able to go out. It's definitely an addiction that just brings more challenges to the mix now that I got the courage to venture out. Good luck to anyone contemplating this same decision. Just remember to be careful. Sorry for the long post, thanks to all who read it.

Banned Read only
    It's kind of funny what a non-event it came to be, no? We work up obstacles in our heads but the real world is easier than that. Congratulations, it was a big step.

By the way, yur only mistake was going to McDonalds;-) Treat yourself to real food next time.

I agree going out can be hard but when you do it and have a positive experience it makes it all worth it .Also as jennifer said skip micky dees lol it will only add to your girlish figure
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Miriam
    Way to go girl! I'm so glad it worked out well for you.

Ignore the asides about McD's. You burned off enough calories in nervous energy (thumpa, thumpa, thumpa) to cover several cheeseburgers.

Miriam

I'll never forget my first tiime out as I was in heaven for a week after, you go girl.

Congrats on the voyage! If your avatar is you, no wonder it went so well. you look great!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    A great positive experience for you Rachel. Glad to hear it went so well.

Way to go, Rachel! I think most of us can relate to those feelings inside..... But you wanted to do something, and then, you DID it! Can't think of a more satisfying end to the story
    Here's to many more!
    Hugs, Dea

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    By the way, yur only mistake was going to McDonalds;-) Treat yourself to real food next time.
    Unfortunetly I didn't have time to, as my wife was getting off work, and I had to beat her home to get out of girl mode. All I had time for was a quick drive thru, and that was the nearest one.

Yes it is me in the avatar pic. Thank you for all the positive comments ladies.

Congratulation Rachel, it is a huge step to take and I am happy everything went well for you

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

Reading this great story about a sister's first time really out, this was the exact same thing I thought she had done wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post

Ignore the asides about McD's. You burned off enough calories in nervous energy (thumpa, thumpa, thumpa) to cover several cheeseburgers.

Miriam
    It isn't the calories one has to worry about going to these fast food places. Pink slime aside, which they claimed they removed in august yet NEVER told anyone it was in their food to begin with, there are too many ingredients in these food that don't really need to be there just to stretch product and make a quick buck. The only one who pays is the person eating it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Everytime.i raed about somebody first time out i can't help remember mine. It is such a great and liberating experience. The only problem is that you will get addicted to go out (Well, i don't really think that is a problem at all, actually I'm writing this lines from a park i'm Madrid and i'm having a great day out, just doing girl stuff)

Way cool! And you really do look great in your avatar!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Rachel
    Based on your picture you could go anywhere and do anything you wanted to do, you been out your over the hard part now go out and have fun.
    Connie

That is awesome! The nerves are something else during the preparation stages, but once you get going, nothing can stop you. Can't wait to hear about your next venture. :-)

You will do fine!!! It will get easier every time!! Have fun Gurl!!! You look Great!!!

Holy heck, that's actually you in the avatar pic? Stop worrying, Rachel. You're totally passable. You just need to work on the confidence and and details. Congrats on becoming a public girl.

Lyric

I'm glad you had a good experience. I grew up in Ft, Wayne.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Aspiring Member
    Congrats Rachel! Too bad there aren't any photos to see how fierce you looked!

Such a nice story. Thanks for sharing. I would like to know more about finding( a company that even comes to your home) to do crossdresser makeup.
    How did you find out about and contact them ?