Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many weired looks will I get?

Makeup addict!
    No one will notice. People generally don't notice a man's leg

No one will notice. Even if they do they will say nothing. So have a wonderful vacation,Renaegee!

salu, Samantha

Aspiring Member

A question back at you

Just wondering; how often do you look at the legs of other males? Ah yes, I thought so; you don't do it either do you? When I shaved my legs for the first time last year I had the same anxiety and guess what; nothing happened.

Enjoy your vacation with smooth legs.

Sandra1746

No one will even notice unless you point them out. I've had shaved legs for about a decade now and not one single person has ever commented

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    The possible solution would be to get beard trimmers and shorten the hair everywhere else but not remove it, then there won't be such a contrast between legs and body-or lighten it with peroxide.
    Renaegee, I think Busker nailed an excellent solution. If you are monkey-hairy everywhere else then the contrast may be noticed, even if no one says anything. Trimming back the foliage elsewhere will help reduce the contrast. Personally, I've been clean shaven all over for the last couple years with nary a comment. Even visiting family in Florida last spring, wearing shorts and short sleeves next to my brother who is just as hairy now as I used to be, no one seemed to notice. At least, nothing was said, and my family doesn't tend to stay quiet about things they are curious about.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your vacation!

~Rachel

Aspiring Member
    the other thing is that if people are used to seeing your hairy legs, they will continue to see them even after you have shaved. I have forgotten the psychological name for this--persistence of vision --I think. I used to have a full beard for years, and when I shaved it was weeks before anyone noticed and then they would say I looked different but couldn't say exactly what was diff, until I pointed out that I shaved my beard. So, shave, don't worry, be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally 2112 View Post
    I was helping a buddy do some roofing last summer and being hot and sunny of course we had our shirts off .The funny thing i noticed was that 2 of my friends had their chest shaved .So mine being shaved did not bother me in the least .My chest is the only part i keep shaved all year round but i am slowly edging to keeping my legs shaved also
    How do you know they were shaved? I never had chest hair niether does my BF.

Hi,

Concerning my hair , some 46 years ago i had to shave under my arms because of heavy sweating & Jos knew & was quite happy about it after youv had rashes for years, & working out side pretty much 46 years, you just do it, as to legs i rode our horse's & yes the hairs on my legs were a mess & so knoted even tho i did not think to shave them & i said to Jos about this she said i should have just done that as well. so there you are, & who cares any way. is hair the mark of a male,, not in my thinking,

Now my body hair is 8 %, with age hormones & the epilater, theres not much left, my head well shave that as theres not enough for a birds nest,
    face is not to bad, ether, light fine & white, a light shave like many women,

So what if a male is hairless body wise . glad im a woman allmost hairless,

...noeleena...

I'd trim back the hairy everywhere else to balance things out. Just using a 2 or 3 groomer comb will make a big difference.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    People generally don't notice a man's leg
    OH I SO DISAGREE!
    all the time I have been with UPS one of the first things people notice is... but wait a second, its more because I am the only one in the entire plant (I do mostly industurial P&D) that is in shorts. Women are the ones that look the most, men may look and wish they could wear shorts to work too but thats about it.
    If going to a resort, pool, outdoor enviroment type thing where most people have on shorts, swim trunks or even speedo's you would stand out more in Levi's simpily because you are dressed different.

Shave legs will draw less attention that ape hair at most resorts. One (more) good side to shave chest, arms, legs, etc is much better tan!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    I like watching older movies and one thing that strikes me is that almost all of the major movie males like Roger Moore etc have shaved chests and bodies when they are in scenes calling for it(or body doubles in some cases I guess) the exception I've noted is Sean Connery who is "ape hairy".
    Until I reached about 50-ish, I had no hair on my chest anyway. Now, I get the odd strays which I pluck out. I still have no hair on my back. Not all men with hairless chests have shaved them; some of us just weren't that hairy in the first place.
    --
    Jag (a name gifted me by another member)

Platinum Member
    I can just about guarantee that no one will notice your legs. if you're really worried, shave everything else too!

I've noticed that many senior men lose hair on their legs to the poijt that it looks like they shave their legs. I'm getting close to that age. I have shaved my legs and kept them shaved for years and no one has ever said a thing. But then again, it is rare that I wear shorts. Never l never liked shorts since when I was a boy and where I grew up, it was considered sissy to wear shorts. Not that I feel that way today, but never got into the habit of wearing them...and I'm in Florida!