Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 things I dread while dressed and 1 of them happened today !!!

2 things I dread while dressed and 1 of them happened today !!!

What a crazy day. I had the entire day to dress and do what I pleased as my wife went to visit her mom and sister - my wife knows all about Danni and wished me a fun play day and said she wanted full details when she got home. So my wife seeing me dressed is not one of the things I dread, VERY lucky for me. I like to go out shopping while dressed and like to think I am fairly passable as long as you don't get a side view and you don't get too close

Today was one of those days...... I was driving along a busy highway and noticed a big black suv a few car lengths behind me, I was driving my sister's car, she is away so she has let us use it. I looked at my speedo and noticed I was a little over the speed limit so I slowed down and decided to get off the highway as I was a little nervous. Just as I was going on the off ramp, the SUV sped up, got right behind me and hit his lights and sirens !!! One of my biggest fears ! My other fear is being in an accident. In fact I guess I would have to say that I dread both of these things while dressed or in drab. Anyway, I slowly made my way off the ramp and turned on the street, ripped my wig off and earrings, wiped the lipstick off and threw on my sunglasses. Only big difference today was I was wearing my skirt and heels - I very rarely wear these out, of all the days. If I just had my jeans on I would have been totally fine. The officer came to my window and asked how I was, I was so nervous I said not too good any longer. He asked where I was headed so I told him the mall. Well, as it turns out, they ran the plate while I was on the hwy. and it came back as a non-insured vehicle, luckily my sister had just given me her new insurance slip which was valid from Feb 25th - thank god. I couldn't find her ownership but luckily we have the same last name so he didn't seem to care. He was very friendly and talkative as I would expect them to be and like I told my wife (who LHAO for about 10 minutes) I am a mild spectacle to what they normally have to put up with. So he gave me all my stuff back and told me to have a great day and off I went.

I was tempted to go home but after 5 mins. I took a few deep breaths and figured if I could survive that, I can survive a few stares at the mall, so off I went. I ended up having a great day and as they say what doesn't kill ya only makes you want to wear stockings and heels even more (or something like that) I now have a full 5 days of outings coming up, sadly my sister comes home next Saturday so we will be back to one car. I ended up buying some great panties on sale, I was going to get her some matching ones but didn't, she loved my choices so she asked me to get her some tomorrow so I best not disappoint her. Now I really only dread 1 thing while driving dressed up.

Have a nice evening,

Danni

That was awesome , so the cop didn't even say anything. that makes me a little less scared to go out in public i love this !!!!!!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Another fine example of our professional service people being just that, professional. So glad you ended up with a good trip.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Way to keep the cool. The average CD is nothing ( as you mentioned ) compared to stories I have heard as well! Sometimes the best way to catch a Bear is with Honey. And a little good fortune never hurts. Best~

way to keep cool and glad it went well
    My favorite motto's ." Live life to the fullest" , "Nobody is gonna stand up for you but you so live you life how you want" , “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” , Be true to yourself

Thats some story im glad you handled it perfectly and your day was not ruined.

"as they say what doesn't kill ya only makes you want to wear stockings and heels even more"

ok thats going into my book of quotable quotes:>

what doesn't kill ya only makes you want to wear stockings and heels even more

Perfect quote !!!!!!!!!!

Paul Newman made a movie, it was called, Cool Hand Luke!??? Nice job and that will be,,, my biggest scariest moment when I get the nerve...
    Kara
    Last edited by mbmeen12; 02-27-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks for the nice comments. I was sweating like Lindsay Lohan at a drug test but I had a laugh with him as well. It was kind of a strange day because after that I had to go and fix my makeup and I broke my favourite NEW lipstick, wasn't thinking properly I guess. But the whole situation gave me a new found confidence as well, not for passing but for a I don't care if people look at me sort of thing. I was just waiting for him to come back and say they had to tow it because her insurance isn't paid up, a tow truck had driven buy a minute or 2 after I got stopped but I am sure he had his scanner on and heard the call for an uninsured car, hoping he would get the tow. Also, we had a very bad train derailment in the area I was in and I made it out just befored they closed the roads to allow for air ambulances to come in, very sad as some employees of the train were killed.

So today I am off to wander the main street and little boutiques of a little town near me. I think I'll go with the skirt again, depends on if it warms up or not as it is only 32 f here (0 c). Or I might go with the boots and leggings, ohhhhhh so many decisions.

I'm glad all turned out fine. However, is it me or was it a huge mistake to rip off the wig, earrings, etc. & wipe off the lipstick. Not like the rest of your look wasn't a giveaway, probably better to have just gone with the flow and left everything in place. If the officer were some sort of jerk, he could have really made you miserable as he investigated the reason for your panicked behavior while being pulled over. Just food for thought. If you're going to leave the comfy confines of your home, best to just own it when situations present themselves.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I'm glad all turned out fine. However, is it me or was it a huge mistake to rip off the wig, earrings, etc. & wipe off the lipstick. Not like the rest of your look wasn't a giveaway, probably better to have just gone with the flow and left everything in place. If the officer were some sort of jerk, he could have really made you miserable as he investigated the reason for your panicked behavior while being pulled over. Just food for thought. If you're going to leave the comfy confines of your home, best to just own it when situations present themselves.
    Good point. But with it being such an attack on my senses, I didn't think straight and just did it. The windows are blacked out so they wouldn't have seen me do any of that. But now that it has happened it is off my "to do list" ahahahhaha, so I should be fine from here on in. Will I do the same thing if it happens again, yup, more than likely

Platinum Member
    Hi Danni, That would be enough to make me need to change my panties.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If I ever find myself in this situation, My dress/ skirt would probably be short enough that the officer would see the hosed legs and heels while looking in, pulling the wig and make up probably wasn't a great idea but at least it went well enough that you got a small confidence boost, still got to go shopping, and are better for it. I surely don't ever want to read about your second dread here unless of coarse it's a small fender bender
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've been pulled over 4 times, all while I was still "CDing" (I'm TS, I call it "CDing" because it was early in my transition, before hormones, still wearing a wig and still had a male ID). Anyway I've never been asked by a cop why I was dressed like a female. One time I was driving x-country I had been speeding a little but the cop was more interested in finding drugs so I stood threre on the side of the HWY chatting with one cop while the other searched my vehicle, he seemed disappointed that I didn't have any contiban, they let me go, no ticket. Other time I was actually tring to find a CD/TS event, I was hopelessly lost and frustrated so I was speeding (I've chilled out on hormones!) the cop was visibly amused but said nothing and helped me find my way, no ticket. The other 2 times I might as well have been wearing a space suit, theses cops were totally humorless, it was all business, like any other traffic stop. Both times I got a ticket. It never occurred to me to take off my wig or try to wipe off the make up, to me THAT would look even more ridiculous than a male dressed as a female, besides I looked cute with my wig on!

I've had a couple of encounters with law enforcement while dressed, both minor and positive overall -- no harassment, no tickets, no problems. I agree, no need to get frantic or de-femme. As long as you're not drinking you'll be fine.

Btw April, what probable cause did the cop have for searching your vehicle? That sounds a little out of line.

Banned Read only
    I don't dread being stopped en femme, when I do go out in the evening. The police have enough work pulling over DUI's. I always check my vehicle lights and turn signals before driving en femme. If my recollections are correct, I do think someone on the site told a story of being thrown in the slammer en femme because of an incorrect insurance entry in the database which resulted in a warrant. That I would fear. I don't know if my state's computer setup tracks insurance. However, I did drop one particular insurance company because every time the company changed anything in their database, the computer canceled the old number (last digit) without issuing updated info the insurance was still valid. It required needless trips to the financing office of the bank to show the new card. I'd dread if I was stopped by the cops because of that!

Anyway, since Canada allows same sex marriages, I would not think the police would really care if you were en femme. I think in some area of the "Good Old" USA, if you were caught wearing pink panties, you'd be branded a level three sex pervert. Have fun in Canada!

I wouldn't have bothered to take off my wig and such...it is what it is.
    Besides, most of the time if I'm out my nails are polished so the wig and lipstick would mean little.
    If you weren't doing anything extreme then there would be no reason to hassle you anyway.

Glad you still had time for some fun at the mall.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well, the LEO will either be professional about it or the video of the stop will be on the TV show "Cops"!

I think the removing the wig and other actions might make the LEO nervous as if you're trying to hide drugs or reach for a weapon. It's probably best to just go ahead and stop and leave everything as is. If he or she asks, you are going to a party or practicing for a role.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

YEY, some of these dreadful moments turn out just fine, and it is literally in the hands of the people involved to make it or brake it! It is so good to hear yet another recollection of the officer being courteous and indifferent to presentation or lifestyle as it should be.

Go Girl, get your shopping list out and lets go to town.................or mall!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    Btw April, what probable cause did the cop have for searching your vehicle? That sounds a little out of line.
    None but if I refused he was just going to find a way to make my life hell, right? That's how it works. Besides I was in a hurry and knew I had nothing to hide. someone told me I should have refused because he could have planted something just to make an arrest. These guys were looking for trans continental drug traffickers not some measly little two bit possession charge.

Great experience Danni. I think we all dread the day we get pulled over or an accident. My worse fear would be, to be pulled over while intoxicated. That would be the nightmare of all nightmares. To be put in a drunk tank with a bunch of drunk guy's. Oh my God that would be frightning. Thats why I never drink anymore when I go out. Accually I never go out anymore. Dressed that is. In female clothes. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I'm glad that everything worked out great for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by phballet View Post
    "as they say what doesn't kill ya only makes you want to wear stockings and heels even more"
    I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by daviolin View Post
    Great experience Danni. I think we all dread the day we get pulled over or an accident. My worse fear would be, to be pulled over while intoxicated. That would be the nightmare of all nightmares. To be put in a drunk tank with a bunch of drunk guy's. Oh my God that would be frightning. Thats why I never drink anymore when I go out. Accually I never go out anymore. Dressed that is. In female clothes. Daviolin
    Ive been arrested 3 times in my life, all 3 times I was wasted. never once did they put me in a cell with other people. That would make more work for the cop which is not what they want. I've never been pulled over drunk BTW.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 02-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Well good news, turns out it was just a glitch with my sisters insurance expiring and renewing on a weekend. All is good so no fines. Have been out the last 2 days just shopping up a storm FOR MY WIFE !!! She is loving the shopping I am doing for her. I have gotten very brave and am just going about my business as if I am no different than anyone else. I have met some very nice SA's and have not met anybody that has been nasty to me at all, have had a few SA's stop talking to each other, look at me and then talk real quiet after I have walked by but doesn't bother me, I just looked right at them and said hello as I walked by. I will try and take some pics over the next 3 day marathon of makeup and heels. We are expecting some bad weather on Wednesday so I will be out for sure as this keeps the malls quiet. I had an awesome experience at a Payless today, I have read great things about them and now I know it is true. I think I might try a MAC makeover tomorrow if it isn't too busy as I have read great things on here about them as well. Thanks for all the comments about my adventure with the long arm of the law.

Oh ya, I have a great imagination (am in the entertainment business) I replace my accident dread with coming out and finding somebody has stolen my sisters car and has left me stranded, thought of that one today !!! My wife would come pick me up but it would still suck big time.

Happy dressing

Danni
    Last edited by Dannigirl; 02-28-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added new dread !!