Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Change at 40

Big Change at 40

I would be interested in finding out how many other girls got a big change in themselves at around 40.

From 12 to 40 I was a very typical very part time crossdresser, then at about 40 it all changed, suddenly I needed to dress, thats when Becky emerged.

It has been an incredible adventure and its all happened so quickly and I dont know where it will end either, but I am having fun along the journey. I have also met so many great people too.

For me, there was no big change at 40. I have always been pretty steady with my CrossDressing. I have a few more items to try and make the look a bit more convincing, but the actual dressing has never greatly increased or decreased. Anyone need a "steady girl?"

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    The change in me is that I went from strictly lingerie for arousal to adding clothes, makeup, wig, and accessories in order to feel feminine. I was closer to 50 when this happened.

I don't know if it was at 40, but as I got older I wasn't satisfied with just wearing a few items. I wanted to try to pass and get more clothes. I also wanted to learn to sew and started to enjoy cooking. You know, girl things. I now wear panties all the time and a bra as much as I can. If I'm grumpy, my wife tells me to go put on a skirt.

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar

At 30

I realised I was who I was at 30 but being married, had to keep secret. I'd been dressing since about 13.
    After divorce , among other freedoms, I had the freedom to build a wardrobe of finery and all things fem. I think this might be a 'different for everyone in different situations' question. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

I will let you know if i get a change at 40 next year.
    Adrianne.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian1966
    I will let you know if i get a change at 40 next year.
    Adrian -- Watch out -- it sneaks up on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504
    If I'm grumpy, my wife tells me to go put on a skirt.
    I love that comment

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    For me, a noticeable change began at 42, after a 5 year hiatus from dressing at all. Previously dressing had always had a sexual component, but now it just seems to be a natural expression of who I am. Not sure what precipitated the change; perhaps it is that we become more settled with ourselves as we age.

Great question!
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

I got to 40 this year and realised my own mortality ( not to be morbid )

I have opened up more about what I like and want out of life but I have many skeletons which aint coming out to play.

I just feel that if my wife dosn't accept me and my needs then I will dissapear cos I aint going to feel crappy about wanting or needing to dress up any more.

Thats my 2p worth

Hi....40 was a breeze..!!...wait till 50.!!!...LOL...seriously NOT a problem.! I enjoy being a Tgirl so much...age is just a number for me...when I dress , the years fall away...well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.!!. i'm too busy enjoying myself to think about it..
    Love Nikki. xx

girl next door
    Good question, Becky. I'm 41, and my CDing has definitely gone to a whole new level in the past year or so vis a vis where it had been for the previous 25+ years. I'm not so sure it has much to do the 40 mark per se, but rather a function of my life situation. If, for example, this community had existed 15 years ago, I probably would have been out and about much, much earlier. But hey, better a little later, than never. Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Count me as one of the 50 yo girls

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonCD2003
    The change in me is that I went from strictly lingerie for arousal to adding clothes, makeup, wig, and accessories in order to feel feminine. I was closer to 50 when this happened.

Like Shannon, although I have dressed off and on for nearly 40 years it was as I was approaching 50 that things really kicked into gear for me and my dressing. I went out of the house and met with other girls as my 50th birthday present although I was dressing more and more leading up to that time.

Tiff

Changes

Hi All
    40 was cool 50 ok and 60 aint bad either
    Main change came after wife passed away I have more freedom and as of now it has been fun dress androgynious all the time and have been out in full fem a number of times Been dressing part time from age 9
    Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

My change came around the mid 30s. Every since my divorce though I have had more of an opprotunity to dress. Know mine (Karen's) closet is a little more crowded

I have had it happen to me two times. When I was around 30 dressing kicked in pretty good. Been dressing since I was around 11 or 12. Then about 6 years ago (45) it really kicked into high gear. Buying cloths, makeup, shoes, and a wig, big changes. At 49 started getting out dressed and having a great time being me.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

stacycd

Its Funny You Should Say That....

i TOO HAVE HAD INCREASED URGES TO DRESS-UP ALL THE WAY...IN THE BEGINNING IT WAS JUST PANTIES BUT LATELY...I HAVE BEEN MORE DARING IN BUYING LINGERIE IN STORES,MAYBE THE THRILL OF BEING CAUGHT IS JUST TOO MUCH TO OVERCOME. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A WIG AND I THINK I FOUND A STORE (AN X-RATED VIDEO STORE) ACTUALLY. THE WIGS ARE STRETCHY AND WILL FIT ANY SIZE PLUS THE OLDER WOMAN WHO RUNS THE PLACE SEEMS KIND OF COOL..

Arrow Change at 40

Hi Becky, I know exactly where you are coming from. I am 52 now and I think the change for me happened somewhere in my later 40's. I have always loved anything that was feminine but lately I can't get enough, I am always buying something new and dressing every chance I get. I love to just observe women, study everything about them and not in a sexual way but more like just being envious of them. The biggest change for me is my sexuality. I am married , my wife is very supportive and we are each other's best friend. However I am finding I have an uncontrollable desire to perform as a woman sexually with a mature , masculine man who is a cd'er admirer. There is no way I can come out with this to my wife she would be devistated. I think about this all the time it never subsides. Not sure where this will ever lead . It is a fantasy now but wish it to be a reality.
    Great Thread By the Way!!!!

Platinum Member
    i pretty mutch kept the same untill i was 37 to maybe 39 years old i started to get into trying new looks and when i retired in my mid fortys being wendy and changeing styles and looks has been something i love to do sometimes 3 or 4 times a year.....haveing just gone blonde i am working on a new look something new classy / trashy blonde bimbo....this is the fun of cding find a new look get bored with it and try something new....oh the shopping ......

Wink

i agree with shannon and tiff. and it only got better and still is.
    hugs

I agree also, mine seemed to get a boost when I passed 40. Enjoying it to the extreme!

you gals are all scarin me!!! i'm 43

i've had it under control until about a year ago!!! now..

not so under control...i'm thinking about it ALLLLLL the time now...

not sure if its a good thing but as we all know there is alot of pleasure with it as well

michele

You all are really scarin me as well!. I am 34 and it seems to have a life of its own these days. Alot of it has to do with finally admitting to myself that I am a CD, and seriously wanting to explore the possibities. I have found through reading many personal stories that the older we get, the more likely we are to "indulge" ourselves.. I have seriously examined my thoughts for traces of addiction or something, the result, I can control it when the timing is not right, but that sure isn't much fun!!!
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

After 40..

Well I can say I am 42 and the urge is normal which means I feel more comfortable in normal womens clothes then mens clothes.

Dang! CathyB! You look really good, girl! If it gets any better for you, you won't be able to stand yourself!