Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Deep Are You HIDING?

The worst hiding was from myself. Luckily that is gone now.

About as deep as you can get

I'm in this weird position where my family and friends know nothing, but because I have this massive urge to come out I've been putting myself in situations where I've presented as female to people who don't know me or my family personally, just to get some release. I've also begun to take what little steps I can to feminise my body and my appearance. I'm still waiting for confirmation of my first appointment with the psychiatrist, and until I've had some therapy sessions and the way forward is clearer I'm choosing to remain inside the closet.

a bit nutty
    Since opening the door to this strange and wonderful world of like minded people, I've accepted my softer side and garnered the courage to tell at least 3 people about my crossdressing. Maybe it isn't Earth shattering out of the closet stuff but they were the hardest things I ever had to do. Will I tell more? Maybe, but I see no reason to disclose that information to anyone else right now.

"All dressed up and no place to go" pretty much sums it up so yes, I'm DEEPLY seated in my closet. Don't pity me, it has a beer fridge, a big screen TV and a jacuzzi in there! So closet I will stay. I really don't want to be the side show at the circus. I don't like that kind of attention when I'm in drab let alone in full feminine attire.

Ginger

Anne I always admire you writing. You have a real way with words and they always make me think. It sounds like my life was, is very much like yours. I too recognize that it all had become more than I could bear. I am out to my wife and that gives me a little more freedom to be myself, but most others, including the rest of my family do not know the real me. I long just to be able to be real, to be who I am. I know some of the fear that keeps me closeted to most people is self-induced, but there is a real issue with work. To be outed at work would mean unemployment. So the closet walls stay up and I rarely get the opportunity to be real with myself.

I do get out sometimes and those times are precious and help keep me sane. But it is stressful having to pretend to be someone else most of the time.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

I don't feel like I'm hiding anything. I told my whole family including, sons, daughter, wife, brother, sister. Everyones excepting of Daviolin. My wife is still not real cool about it. She is getting better though. Yes there are many people in my life that don't have the need to know. So I will keep it that way. If the time arises, they will be informed of Daviolin. Accually I've gone back in the closet. I prefere it that way. Just my little fantasy world. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I'm hiding and I'm scared.

I'm also an alligator¹.

but I'm working on it.

___
    ¹
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]