Thread: Is she an expression of who U R? Or, a completely foreign individual?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Is she an expression of who U R? Or, a completely foreign individual?

I'm SURE most of u have heard the expression, "Dressing is something I DO, NOT who I AM!"

In that vein, I wonder how many of u present to be someone ELSE, rather that to express who u feel u r inside!?

I'm certain that Sherry IS me. However, at whatever subliminal level that connection exists, I just can't relate!

So, I dress to be NOT ME! And, while I could appear as Lincoln or Brad Pitt, mimicking males does nothing for me.

I think I understand how difficult it must be to hide such an important part of u if you're in touch with your fem alter ego, from those u know and love!

For me, it's like hiding a secret identity! As if I become CATWOMAN after dark!
    I wish I could talk about it with those I know and care about but don't feel I can!

Does this make sense? Do U dress to be SOMEONE ELSE?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Its certainly not something foreign to me. It seems like quite the opposite, really, that it's an expression of myself and a part of what is me on the inside. I'd not call it an alter-ego (except it is!), but more of a parallel ego. I'm still me, for the most part. It's just feminine me. Or female me. Or something like that.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    She is ceratinly a reflection of me- many of my best traits show up in her and most of my worst never do. Kind of like like the funhouse mirror that actually makes you look better.

I'm with Maria. She is in me all the time and dressing allows her out. She wants out a lot, but she doesn't feel like an invention or a different being, rather, a profound piece of the inner self that after 50 years of silence now demands to be heard and seen and acknowledged. What "I" get in return is this remarkably warm, happy feeling when I can let her out.

elizabethamy

When I look in the mirror I'm always taken aback at who is looking back at me, the person in the mirror is not the person I identify with. Dressing lets me be the person I am.
    Fixed 4th June 2013

Facebook

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Platinum Member
    If I could dress to be Brad Pitt my wife would be entirely for it. Alas, that is impossible, so I dress to be me.

Sherry they tell us that we are emulating women. I am just being myself as Marleena. Let's just say I missed out on the parental training to be a girl.

Yeah!! She's so foreign that we talk with a french accent when enfemme!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    The marvelous duality of one. We are me.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah!! She's so foreign that we talk with a french accent when enfemme!! Lol.
    Lol.. That started my day with a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Lol.. That started my day with a laugh.
    Ooo Laaa Laaa!! ....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    To answer the question asked, NO I do not dress to be someone else! I am a man. with a very definite feminine side. I dress to be ME!! I use a feminine name, because my male name does not fit with me being dressed enfemme. But I am still me, and I am happy with that!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I'm the same person anyway I'm dressed, but when i dress enfemme, i think that this gives me the chance to explore and enjoy a part of my personality that if not would have to be hidden.

It is just the two sides of the same coin.