Thread: Quitting smoking and dressing.

Quitting smoking and dressing.

I am currently working on quitting smoking. One thing that is making the process more difficult is the fact that going outside to smoke is one of the few excuses that I have to go outdoors while dressed. I have enjoyed going out on my back porch after dark fully dressed. This is a major disadvantage with quitting smoking since there is really no other valid reason to step outdoors dressed or otherwise if I am not smoking. Has anyone else encountered this particular difficulty does anyone have any advice for quitting while knowing that I am giving up one of the few excuses that I have to go outdoors while dress? I am very committed to quitting smoking but the loss of my excursions is making it considerably more difficult.
    Last edited by Delila; 03-01-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I quit smoking at the end of last year. try still going out but doing something else. like reading, or listening to music or audio books. maybe take up yoga or taichi.

this is one of the main reasons im still smoking lol, i imagine ill still go out side just to chill out with a beer/gin without the need to smoke just to enjoy the serenity..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I need to teach myself to just go outside without smoking. I have learned to go out and walk around when at work but of course it is much more difficult at home. I guess I just need to convince myself that the end of smoking does not mean the end of dressing. I have been avoiding dressing lately because I know I will want to go outside. Thanks for the advice.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Maybe go out shopping :P? Although I don't have confidence in that area at all for myself yet.

Just think.... when you finally quit smoking, your perfume bill will drop drastically, since you won't have to cover up the smoky odors any longer! LOL
    Good luck on quitting. It is also one of my top priorities.