Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you crossdress?

Miriam
    Because I feel more relaxed when I can dress. Hard to understand, which drives the engineer and scientist in me crazy. But I've learned to quietly accept the reality.

Miriam

Cuz someone took all my man stuff an girl stuff was cheaper an the lady at the store said if ya come in ya got to buy something and I was already in the door when she said it an there was a buy one get one free sale an a buy two get two free sale an I had all the clothes an no shoes an I would just look stupid wearin guy shoes with girl clothes an I was already in a girl store with a killer sale an I had some pantyhose on cuz it was cold outside an I couldnt try on guy shoes cuz they would have been to lose so I bought some girl shoes an now all I have is girl stuff so dont laugh its not my fault just shut up an show me how to put on makeup
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

For a long time I didn't ask why, I just did it. I knew that I felt different when I did it, more natural, but I didn't think about it. Now I don't see it as crossdressing as such - I'm just being me.

Banned Read only
    I have absolutely no idea why I cross dress. If I knew why, then I could maybe break the spell or compulsive disorder or whatever it is?????????

I know being en femme allows me to escape the stresses of life. I guess I could relieve the stresses of life with some other sort of behavior, which may or may not be destructive.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    the real reason? I like to be pretty!

because it makes me feel more like me. the more open im about it and the more i do it the more it just sortda feels right like maybe this is the person im supposed to be?

Why do I crossdress? I really can't think of anything else to do with all of these pretty clothes in my closet.

I too have spent a lot of time contemplating the reason I desire to dress. I think I my case as with many others with high stress jobs, it's a way to step away from having to be in a dominant role 24/7. I have to be in charge at work all the of the time. When I dress, I am making myself vulnerable in many ways which seems to alleviate some of the stress I feel.

Makeup addict!
    Why do I insist on taking makeup and removing my male face and putting on a bra instead of muscle shirt? I don't know. I sort of understand my love of wearing the clothes, but I don't understand my desire to become Katie completely. One of these days I'll figure out why I must be Katie. All I know is I adore Katie and love every second being her

Because it relaxes me and women's clothing is softer and nicer.

a bit nutty
    Because normal is so boring and monochromatic. What better way to liven things up than to throw a little pink on? Oh yeah. I was born this way too. Cannot help it.

Ginger

It's my nature.....................

because this:

is sooooo much more fun than jeans and a t-shirt

It is a compulsion that's been a part of my core since my earliest memories.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    I've struggled with that, but only since I joined this forum. I never knew before that time that there was such a diversity amongst those who present as female. Some want to live as female, some want to fantasize about being female, some want just to wear the clothes. And each of those categories has subdivisions. I originally thought I was just strange. I am not transgendered, but I enjoy presenting as an attractive female. I also have a bondage fetish, which I thought made me unique, but I have now discovered, is reasonably common. I have read some posts in the last year about autogynephilia (AGP) which I think may be closer to my issue.
    I don't know why I cross dress. My wife knows, and tolerates, but does not encourage this expression of myself. For me, I enjoy the little moments that I can speak to female colleagues and show some nugget of information or understanding that makes them look at me differently. I present as a (my opinion) preppy, sporty, leader and all-around successful man. They don't expect me to know the difference between slingbacks and mules, that kitten heels are a no-no, or the difference between eyeliner and mascara. I enjoy that. I can flirt with my feminine side in public and it enhances my masculinity. Since I don't hate my masculinity, that works for me. Right now, it seems to work. But as to why I want to wear women's lingerie and clothes, wigs, high heels, I don't know for sure. Anyone else know why I do this? MK
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

I kinda think of crossdressing like being left-handed: Its all luck of the draw that I'm a bit different than the general population and I refuse to conform to society's standards..... I will never use right-handed scissors!!
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    sometimes i ask myself the same question. some days i know the answer and on others i can't truthfully answer

Exactly what Amanda said above and I really think that she answers the question for most of us.
    One day, many, many years ago I was home alone and for whatever reason, I decided to try on my
    Mother's panties and its been down hill ever since.
    Why the desire to try on those panties in the first place ??????? I don't think any of us know's the answer
    to that, do we ?????
    Lots of hugs

Karen Marie

Short answer is, I was brought up to believe that god made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to be a girl, and if I tried hard, god would 'fix' me. Long answer is, read my CD bio, link below
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Since the first time I put on a dress and makeup I knew I wanted to be a girl. For 50 years now I have enjoyed my life.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    My answer... I have no idea. It's something that's been a part of me as long as I can remember. I tried to answer that question for all these years and have no solution.
    After analyzing things in my life I must lean toward the belief that it is something genetic. ....
    It may be genetic, but I also suspect that it has to do with homonal balance in the womb. Reputable studies have show that if you have several male siblings born in a row (no intervening female siblings) the odds of GID increase significantly for each later male sibling. In my case, I have five older male siblings, so perhaps my fate was sealed before birth!

I did think of an evolutionary benefit of this. In many traditional human cultures, the older males inherited property and status. Younger males either had to strike out on their own, challenge the older sibling or assume a subordinate role in the family order. You see this with other social animals as well. In wolves, for example, the Alpha male and female reproduce, but the pups are raised cooperatively by the subordinate aunts and uncles. (Kinda like "it takes a pack to raise a litter )

that doesn't explain everyone, of course. Few of us, these days, come from such a large family or such a long, unbroken line of male siblings.

I don't feel that I'm crossdressing per say as, I dress for I feel inside and it feels so go when I do!

When I was younger it was more sexually, but as I got older its more of acceptance that I desire to be more feminine. (since of being whole) And test and articles say I'm transgenderist on some level.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Because I like to and need to. Now if I knew the answers to why on either of these points, I'd be rich and famous somewhere.

I don't know, I have a desire to do it, it's relaxing and it makes me feel good.