Thread: Anyone have or had a CD or TG roommate?

Anyone have or had a CD or TG roommate?

I'm in a situation where I need to find a compatable roommate to move in with me. My landlord/ roommat moved out of state and has asked me to find someone to help defray the cost of her house. In the perfect world, I'd love to find a MTF crossdresser that is considerate and compatable with me in every way. One that might even enjoy some of the same things I do; like golf and fishing. One that would be not only a roommate, but eventually, a good friend. I was not out to my roommate but other then that, we got along great. i often wondered if she knew since I had lent her my laptop on a couple of occassons wwhere she might have seen my history or links. if she knows, she never let on. So the other option is another GG roommate that would be as considerate as I am to anyone living under the same roof with me. But I'd love to let her know that I am a CD even though I would not even want her to see me dressed. Just that ifr she ever found anything fem laying around, she at least would nbot be surprised. i'm in a committed relationship and have no interest in anything beyond friendship. I'm not inot cheating in any way, so I'd like to find someone compatable and fun to be around. That is OK with my beiong a CD.
    Anyone in this kind of roommate situation now, or have ever been in one? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    When I worked for the state I was renting a room about 12 miles from work. As time went by and all my contact with Trans people I came to have an offer from a CD to rent a room that was walking distance from work. I was nieve.

In any case the CD that I rented the room from was watching me and learning I suppose. Needless to say today she has had SRS and is TS. Go figure. Thankfully the rent was reasonable because otherwise I would have lost my mind with her.

Thankfully those days are behind me.

Katie

Aspiring Member
    I was housemates with a TS woman and her wife and we generally got along fine. We were already friends, had a lot in common besides being TG, and all needed housing about the same time so it made lots of sense to room up. It worked out pretty well for about four years but things got difficult toward the end. None of that had absolutely anything to do with TG, it was more about not respecting boundaries and not communicating mutual needs. The fastest way to ruin a friendship is to live with someone, so good to be mindful in that regard.

If you have a local GLBT newspaper you could try a roommate wanted ad or you could also try Craigslist. Be choosy and be careful!

I split a house with 2 TS's for 3 months and had a blast. We shopped and clubbed together and things were great.... until one of them got coked up and severely beat the other one. I quickly moved out. I guess the moral of the story is: Don't get so excited to have a TG roommate that you forget to look at the other aspects of there lives.
    "Salene"

Quote Originally Posted by Salene View Post
    I split a house with 2 TS's for 3 months and had a blast. We shopped and clubbed together and things were great.... until one of them got coked up and severely beat the other one. I quickly moved out. I guess the moral of the story is: Don't get so excited to have a TG roommate that you forget to look at the other aspects of there lives.
    Sad story! I am very anti-drug and that would be one thing I'd have to ask a potential roommate. I don't even want to be around weed. To eah their own, but noy in a house where I live. Saqme with those that have a drinking problem. I want no part of it.

To the rest of you, thank you for your suggestions and comments.

UPDATE. Yesterday I was sitting at my computer desk early in the morning while wearing nothing but panties. I had left my room door open since I am living alone, why close it. This was about 7:30 AM. All of the sudden, I look out toward the kitchen and see my landlord's female cousin and daughter in the kitchen. Talk about a shocker when you think you are alone in a house. I quickly closed the door and pulled on some pants and went out to see what's up. I politely as I could mentioned that I was to be called if any of my roommate/landlord's family was going to stop by. We had already discussed that. Not only was I not called, but they never even rang the bell or knocked! I think that is pure out and out rude. I would never enter anyone's home without knocking first. So this cousin goes on to tell me she is in town for a funeral. But the kicker is she then tells me her daughter, about age 21-23, that was with her, will become my new roommate! I was dumb-founded and shocked to here this since "J", my ex-roommate, never told me about it or asked if I'd be comfortable with that. We had already talked about my finding a roommate of my own to live here. So I emailed J and told her what happened and to please call me. This morning she calls me and tells me the decision was never made that this girl would move in, but admitted it was discussed. I told her I am not happy with that arrangement since I would have nothing in common with such a young woman. i was offended that I was not consulted etc. I flat out told her that since I am paid up until the end of April, I will be looking elsewhere for a place to live IF she confirms that her decision is to let this girl move in. We left it at that and she said she'd call her cousin. So for now, I am in limbo.
    I was so upset yesterday that I had already posted an ad for a roommate on Craig's list. In the add I said I'd like either another compatible crossdresser or a female. I further explained that I am in a serious committed relationship, so I am not looking for sexual favors or any kind of relationship beyond roommates and hopefully a friendship. Oh, I also said I was a crossdresser.
    Well to my shock and amazement, I got a response via email this morning. A GG wrote and said she is fine with all of it, and I should call her to see her home. She even sent a picture and address of the place. I wrote back and told her I'd call her later today. So finding a female roommate if you tell her upfront is not impossible.
    I'll keep you posted as to all this turns out.

Miriam
    Sounds liks quite a mess with the kids (I mean 'young adults') intruding without notice - incredibly rude and presumptuous.

I'm glad you got a lead already y on a new home. I hope it works out for you.

Miriam

Thank you Mariam. Not sure what to tell this prospective roommate offer until I here back from my present landlord/ex-roommate. But it sure would be so much more comfortable living with a roommate that at least knows and does not care that I am a CD.

Banned Read only
    When I last lived in Denver prior to moving back east I had a transitioned MTF roommate.
    To be quite honset since we had both transitioned years before meeting one another it was like any other roommate situation.
    There were times that I didn't see her for 3 or 4 days on end due to her working odd hours in the IT industry.

Julia