Thread: Anyone ever do Gymnastics??

Banned Read only

Anyone ever do Gymnastics??

I was wondering if anyone ever took gymnastics as a kid or as an adult? How did you dress? I saw a local school is offering some adult tumbling and it looks like fun.

Geoff

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Yep - black leotard, footless tights (hose) and bare feet was the order of attire when I did gymnastics

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    T-shirts and shorts and running shoes. (Yes, running shoes had been invented by then, but Nike didn't even have their own line yet.)

We were marginally tolerated on the balance beam, but the Uneven Bars were right out.

My career in gymnastics came to an ignoble end the evening that I had my breath knocked out of me due to a bad jump on the box saddle. (It isn't the sudden expelling of breath that is the problem in such cases: rather, a blow to the solar plexus can mess up the nerve signals to your diaphragm, keeping you from breathing in and out properly for a time. Rather unnerving!!)

If I understood my physiotherapist correctly, these days I have only about 15 percent of the normal backwards flexibility for my age. If I had kept up gymnastics at some level in the years since my teens instead of sitting at the computer for long long hours, I probably wouldn't be in nearly as bad a state.

I did gymnastics as a kid. I dressed like a boy doing gymnastics, too. in my class girls use leotard, and i was very frustrated, because i didnĀ“t use leotard like the girls...

Hi,

our boys & girls wore white tops & shorts not a bit of difference really . i was one of the top few who could do a number of moves the others did not even try.

I had my own bars so did practice at home,

I did the horse bars & ropes & could do what some who were 6 years older than i & beat them.
    Some thing i was good at .& i really enjoyed myself.

...noeleena...