Thread: Met a member here

Met a member here

I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

Ok not totally true but I am feeling the effects of the night before still.

I finally met someone from CD.com in person. I will let her say who she is if she wants but for now she will be anonymous. I t was a great evening.

This Saturday was one of those when time crashed into itself. Not that that is bad but I tend to make things tight. Then when one thing gets delayed it makes the rest get delayed. And I hate being late.

I worked the morning. That went on schedule. Then my afternoon plans were delayed an hour (a hour? what is the rule on that. It sounds like hour starts with a vowel so "an" sound better but really "a" is probably more correct...hmmm well that will bug me until a butterfly flies by). But OK no problem, I told them I had to leave at 5.

*aside, it was a rehearsal for a show where four people do 50's songs and harmonize....it sounded pretty good for the first rehearsal and playing it by ear. So it was a good feeling*

We finished by 4:30 (I love it when a plan comes together). But then as we always do we got into a conversation. I didn't want to be rude, but...I had to go. So I started creeping toward the door...slowly...for the next 1/2 hour. Now I was on the clock. 20 minute drive home, run a bath, feed the cats, shave (yes everywhere), make up, hair, clothes, nails (well that was disaster so toes only). Usually the outfit gives the fits. I try and choose ahead of time but things happen. Maybe the make up doesn't look good with outfit. Maybe the hair doesn't. So at least three outfits are tried on (that is a rule by the way in case you didn't know it. Rule 265: No TG may leave the house without trying on at least three outfits and often deciding that outfit 1 was the correct one anyway. It's true it is in the TG manifesto. If you don't have a copy you should order it). Well this time it was the corollary Rule 265a: if the outfit works the first time your hair will fill in for the 3 times rule. Yes, I had a bad hair day. Started with a chestnut red. I even scared me with that one. The auburn….nope. Looked like a bad stand in for Braveheart. The strawberry blonde? Too light. So back to the old stand by dirty blonde. And it had it’s own ideas of where it should part and puff. I was just about to get a hammer and nails when I decided it was good enough. Because…I had 15 minutes to get to the bar and I didn’t want to be late.

This brings up the next road block, almost literally. Traffic here has been crazy the last two weeks. Maybe it is Spring fever and everyone wants to be out on MY road.

But I made it and…the parking lot was full. I thought that was strange because usually when I get there it is half empty (or half full if you are an optimist). Tonight was some special night for young people. It was packed in the small bar area. The regular bar area was almost normal. A long line at the bar but empty seats. There was a TG sister sitting there alone (that is OK I like to be alone there too). But I asked if the seat next to her was taken. She waved my into the seat and the bar staff immediately…ignored us. Waving smiling, pulling my hem to my waist, nothing worked (gee guys...c'mon whats a tranny gotta do to get a gay guys attention???). I made a comment about the unusual slow service to the lady next to me and she agreed. She didn’t look happy at all so I started talking to her while we waited for service and for my fellow sister from CD.com to meet me. I will call her “L” here for now and she is a TS who has just started her journey. The bartender finally served us just as “D” showed up. Soon we were trying to talk but the bar is loud and as I said before I don’t hear too well. Still all and all we did spend almost 2 hours just talking about many things. D and I asked L to join here so I hope that she does so she can get some support and friendship.

We decided at that point to make a trip to one of Denver’s nicest clubs. If anyone visits here and wants to be out on the town, you cannot go wrong with the Black Crown. We all went with D (hey we do what we can for the environment) and soon we were there. I went to the bar, L followed…but we lost D. It is a small place you would not think we could lose someone that easy. But it was busy and there were a lot of cute people there, people who could easily led a TG astray. Well it turned out D found an old friend and stopped to talk. Now having gotten our drinks (did you know that after 3 drinks high heels become very unstable?) we proceeded to try and find a seat. This place was packed also. But I was willing to try and stand up for awhile. Besides it gave us a good reason to explore the place. The Black Crown is part bar and mostly antiques store. Everything is for sale (OK mind out of the gutter, I wasn’t for sale…but easily rented). We made it to the second floor where two nice young ladies offered us their seats as they were leaving. It was at the balcony railing. I only hope I was respectable enough no one could look up my dress. If not…sorry guys, it wasn't for you . It was an OK place but not really that comfortable, so as soon as we could we moved to more comfortable chairs with a table.

More conversation and drinks. “L” who was looking lost and sad had now come out of her shell a bit. And I could see the transformation. I know I have said it over and over again but when L smiled she looked so much more at ease. She looked prettier and I think she radiated more confidence. She says it is because D and I were there and maybe that was part of it. But by the end of the night she was much more relaxed and I hope happier. I give D a lot of credit on that as she really did reach out for a “sister”.

I am a lightweight though and the drinks were getting me a little ….uh light. So we decided to call it a night. Three people who really didn’t know each other 12 hours earlier, now friends. I was happy and I had fun. I hope the other two didn’t mind being out with a princess who is self centered. Thank you both for the evening.

(PS anyone have a good hangover cure? Gawd I hope I was a lady all night )
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sounds like a good night to me. Going out and making new friends will always make for a lasting friendship.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Great story Lorileah! It was not only written with a great deal of humor, but also with a nice message about making someone else that seemed alone, a very happy lady. Thanks for sharing. Oh, Before I go...I do have a cure for a hang over. It's so simple too! Just stay drunk!

Very nice glad you all had a fairly great, event free, night I also have a cure on the flip side of brandy's, don't drink lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sounds like a fun evening, Lorileah! So great too that you could help cheer someone up!

But I'm still trying to figure out how you get high heels to have even one drink, much less three.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thumbs up Glad you had such a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah: Met a member here View Post
    I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

Ok not totally true but I am feeling the effects of the night before still. (PS anyone have a good hangover cure?)
    Lorileah, it is way, way too late, I know, but the common advice, in my day, used to be to, "Take a bite out of of the hair that bit you?" I no longer know if that is true now, or not? But, take it with a grain of salt (pun intended), and the loving intent given with it, anyway!

I'm especially enjoying the stories coming out today, and yours is a good one, too! Thanks for sharing it with us! Glad you had such a great time!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Lorileah, great night! Now, let's address the hangover:

The main effect of the alcohol that generates all the nasties of a hangover is...dehydration!!! So, next time before you go out, put a large bottle of water next to your bed. Before you go to sleep, drink all of it! That will do it! You can drink the water after you get a hangover but the effects have already taken hold and it takes longer to fix. It's much better if you fix it while you sleep

When I was in college I had a quart of water next to my bed at all times. I never had a hangover!

tina

Talking Just had to add a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    Lorileah, great night! Now, let's address the hangover:

The main effect of the alcohol that generates all the nasties of a hangover is...dehydration!!! So, next time before you go out, put a large bottle of water next to your bed. Before you go to sleep, drink all of it! That will do it! You can drink the water after you get a hangover but the effects have already taken hold and it takes longer to fix. It's much better if you fix it while you sleep When I was in college I had a quart of water next to my bed at all times. I never had a hangover! tina
    Just had to add a comment. BTW Do not, repeat, not ever do what Tina advises you to do "in the morning after" when you have imbibed chamgagne all, and I mean all, the previous night. FYI Having been stationed in France, it was a very easy thing for us to do, safe to say (Musso, i.e., rejected 1st class champagne, was about $1 a bottle back then). Trust me, you'll get drunk all over again. One day I'll share with you all how to "fly your way out of a drunk when you go to bed," ala Playboy Magazine, circa, very, very long ago!

Dunno about your remedy though, Tina, and it's way too late for me to learn new tricks. Best of luck to you, one and all.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ah... I have no experience about "the morning after" drinking liquid since I always do it before bed, but there is no doubt about the fact that you must rehydrate your system and the sooner you do it the better!

tina

It sounded like a great time Lorileah! I can definitely see you bringing a new girl out of her shell.

A lovely story, it's always nice to meet new friends who share the same lifestyle.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Sounds like you all had a great time, im glad you shared.

Gold Member
    OK....I know it wasn't me you met, but even so, it sounded like a wonderful time. But you forgot one thing....one more rule says that a sister that goes out MUST post a photo of how good she looked when she went out the door!!!!!!!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It's amazing how good companionship drives the night. Sounds like you had really really good companionship that night.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Lorileah, that's awesome!
    I can't even tell you how many members of this forum I've met (mainly from Keystone conference, SCC, various outings, Tri-Ess, etc) , the list has gotten too broad. ....never thought it would happen in a million years. We are real people.
    I feel like we are one big community here.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lorileah, I wasn't an English major in college. And, I've had my evening merlot already. So, I kind of got lost in the "D", and, "L", parts! But, I think it's so cool that u go out and meet other girls! Thank's for the post!

I can't say enuff about how much fun it is to meet other CDs! Especially for us closet girls that rarely get out there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a great time! And the rule is an 'our, just as you would say it. Properly it should also be an 'otel although youd still say the h-otel.
    And fluids BEFORE hitting the pillow, esp if you've been drinking spirits liquers or alcopops. Saturday I had one bottle of rose and I complimented it with two pint sof water.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Lorileah, I wasn't an English major in college. And, I've had my evening merlot already. So, I kind of got lost in the "D", and, "L", parts!!
    Sherry, I used the "D" and "L" because one is a member here and the other may become one. Since they may not want to admit being out with me () and because they deserve some privacy I used initials. I am like Taylor Swift, you go out with me I am going to write a song...I mean blog. Now that should scare away potential meet-ups. I will promise to keep the details secret though.

Sis (Miranda) part was the see above rule that I don't have photos. I really should take pictures before I go out ( I will learn from TxKimberly on that but she is so cute her photos always turn out well). Next time maybe. I had the camera in the car. Also I am always afraid I am not very pretty when I go out. It is easy to forget that part when you cannot see yourself I feel pretty inside but a picture may ruin that illusion in my head. Definately maybe probably next time I will take photos (or have someone take them of me)...maybe
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Perfectly correct to say 'an' hour Lorileah, in effect the 'h' is silent so the vowel takes preference, just as in an hotel, it doesn't always work because as we all know where there is a rule there are exceptions; take the 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' rule there are lots of exceptions to it in the English language. Glad you had a good time out.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Will the real D and L please stand up. Tell us that that Lorileah looks as good in person as she does in her picture.

Hi everybody -- I'm thrilled to say that I have the pleasure and privilege of meeting Lorileah in person this weekend; I am indeed the storied "D."
    It worked out that I was able to have some Diane time on Saturday, and I contacted Lori and suggested that we enjoy a GNO. She graciously agreed, and suggested a venue with which she was familiar. It's a fairly large place, so she made it a point to tell me to meet her at the "Party Bar" in the venue. I, too, hate being late, so I managed to arrive 15-20 minutes early, and went to the place I thought was the "Party Bar." As it happened, the place was packed to the rafters with very young people, and the other two bars in the venue were not open; still, I asked the bartender specifically, and he confirmed that I was in fact at the "Party Bar." I waited about 45 minutes, without my friend arriving; finally I decided to walk around, just to see what was going on. As I went to the opposite side of the venue, I saw a woman who looked from a distance like Lori, so I went over to her, and we instantly recognized each other. She had been waiting there pretty much from the appointed time on. Worse, there was now a big neon sign illuminated (it was not there before, I swear!) saying "Party Bar." We hugged at once, and Lori was enormously gracious and forgiving of my late arrival. As she has explained in her OP, she was visiting with "L," whom we both were happy to meet.
    Now to back up a bit; Lori is of course 100% correct about the inviolable rule of having to try on a minimum of three outfits, and going back to the original one; I'm sure I tried on at least that many! As to hair, it did not even come close to being what I wanted, and eventually I just threw in the hairbrush and went with what I had.
    When we got to the Black Crown -- which, I agree, is a wonderful and attractive place with a fine piano bar feature -- I was delighted to see an old friend I hadn't seen in several years, so I did give my old friend a big hug and spend a few minutes catching up; then I rejoined my friends.
    We spent at least another hour happily chatting, and I agree with Lori that "L" did seem so much happier (and prettier as she relaxed and grew comfortable) as we talked and got to know each other. Eventually, of course, it was time to call it a night, and there were hugs all around as the evening came to an end. (Lorileah and I did both strongly encourage "L" to join here, and I hope to see her on this site shortly).
    I have just a couple of other things to mention: first (and a great big one for me) it had been an extremely long time since I had been able to get out and about as Diane, for a variety of substantial and legitimate reasons. Suffice it to say that my fear factor was rather high, and my makeup skills were rather rusty as I tried to ready myself. As I was leaving to head out to the meetup I walked from my hotel to my car; my heart sank as I realized that coming the other way on the narrow sidewalk (it was still not quite dark) was a man, a 30-something, a definite cowboy type (this was Denver, after all). I managed to stuff down the feeling of panic, sucked it up and kept walking. As we approached, I was shocked as he stepped completely off to the side of the sidewalk, smiled and said, "'Evenin'." I smiled, said "thank you," and kept walking toward my car. But now my heart was leaping -- for joy -- as I realized this was simply a regular man, being routinely polite to a lady; nothing out of the ordinary in his mind! I was in Seventh Heaven!!!
    Finally: pay no attention to Lorileah's self-deprecating comments. The facts are that (1) she is gorgeous in person, even prettier than she appears in her avatar; and (2) she is warm, kind and totally engaging. I'm proud to count her as my friend.
    Hugs and love! Diane

Aw Diane, thank you so much. . And you are lovely as well.

I am so happy that we had such a good night. Black Crown was crowded but still very intimate. And the company was great. Thank you so much for welcoming "L". I think now she will be a little more relaxed out in public.

I am truly going to have to build up my liquor tolerance. I didn't drink THAT much...did I? Maybe dinner before drinks would be a good idea. I always worry that I won't be much fun.

I am looking forward to having you back down again. Thank you for coming and contacting me.

Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Lorileah you must be a writer because that was some short story or essay. I loved it. Glad you got to meet some new "friends". I been trying to get a few people here in Raleigh Durham area to meet but nothing yet. Well good luck to you at your next adventure at the Black Crown.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.