Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Enfemme at Church

First Time Enfemme at Church

On Saturday March 10, 2012 I plan to attend Mass dressed enfemme.This will be a first for me, as a have never gone to church dressed as a woman. A few year back, 5 or so, I was all gussied up and ready to go, but as I got closer to the church, I was walking to Mass, my heart keep flutering and as I approached the church and saw the crown in front and turned tail and went back home. I'm so nervous, but I still plan to plow ahead.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Well I wish you all the best as it seems this is something you really want to do. just be yourself like you are every where else Good luck!
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Well I wish you all the best as it seems this is something you really want to do. just be yourself like you are every where else Good luck!
    Joanne,
    Thank you for your encouragement.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Just remember that the one who will truly judge you will not be physically in the church so ignore all the rest and go for it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Just remember that the one who will truly judge you will not be physically in the church so ignore all the rest and go for it!!!!!!
    Laura,
    Thank you for your excellent statement.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I've been to church before dressed enfemme and quite enjoyed it. Was treated with dignity and respect (no one pointed fingers or said anything).

Go and experience church enfemme and make of it what YOU want, not what someone else expects.

Banned Read only
    Good for you Arlene. While some may judge you the only one that really counts understands completely. Relax and be your warm wonderful self.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaS View Post
    I've been to church before dressed enfemme and quite enjoyed it. Was treated with dignity and respect (no one pointed fingers or said anything).

Go and experience church enfemme and make of it what YOU want, not what someone else expects.
    It is God who will judge you at church ultimately not the congregation. I am figuring you already know the character of the people at that congration and wouldn't be planning on going there if you thought the worst of them. Have some faith in them not to judge you.

Quote Originally Posted by rebekkadg View Post
    It is God who will judge you at church ultimately not the congregation. I am figuring you already know the character of the people at that congration and wouldn't be planning on going there if you thought the worst of them. Have some faith in them not to judge you.
    Well said. Arlene I hope it goes well for you if you go ahead with it. People should be able to worship no matter how they are dressed.

Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts and encouragement. I love you all.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Believe me, it isn't easy to take those steps up that walk and to open those heavy doors, and you don't know how the congregation may react, but the power to open yourself to God and to say "I accept my nature" is an incredible experience, Arlene!

I finally did it over a year ago, after having been active in the lady's auxillary (but dressed en drab then) for several years. I transitioned from drab to femme with the auxillary and then took the step of walking through those doors.

It has brought an entirely new feeling of wholeness to my prayers. Not everyone has embraced me, but a great many have and that has made a huge difference in my life.

Only you can decide when (or if) it is time, Arlene; only you will know how long that walkway is and how hard those doors are to open. But when you decide, hold your head high and go in as a confident member of the congregation, ready to thank and to praise your God.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Many thanks Persephone. I'm shaking like a leaf at this moment.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Religion is often about finding reward in life and beyond. Spirituality is often about finding purpose and meaning in life and beyond. That you've embraced your journey is something perhaps we can all relate to and support. Good luck. Hold your head high, And don't trip over your high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by DCChris View Post
    Religion is often about finding reward in life and beyond. Spirituality is often about finding purpose and meaning in life and beyond. That you've embraced your journey is something perhaps we can all relate to and support. Good luck. Hold your head high, And don't trip over your high heels.
    Thanks darlin for the tremendous post. It is very moving and right on. LOL in regard to the high heels.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Arlene, if your church is like most others, just get there 20 min early. There won't be anyone there Then you can pick the place you think would be the best strategically and meditate. No one will bother you in the slightest!

Oh...If you try an 8am mass, I can also guarantee that everyone will be so groggy that they might not remember that they were even there, let alone remember you

But most of all, you are there for a reason, and that is the most important thing. Your faith is what going to mass is all about. Let that lead you!

all my best,
    Tina

Arlene: You will have to let us know how it goes afterwards. I have gone to Mass en femme at a couple of different places with different results. My home parish was a perfectly fine experience; no issues or looks, comments, etc. When I attended another church in a neighboring city while there for another event, I did get stares, comments, etc.
    I did not let it bother me as it was my first and likely only visit to that church. Even though I visit that area often I have either not been there on Sundays and if I did there are plenty of other churches in that city.

Vicky,
    I will certainly report on church experience. I'm glad that your first Mass, while dressed enfemme, went well.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Msarlene: I few years ago a co-worker invited me to Easter service after noticing my red stained lips and the poorly removed nail polish on my cuticals.
    She would later tell me that she knew all along that I was either a crossdresser or that "something was going on", to use her words and that what I
    needed was a REVIVAL. I agreed to go, fished my black suit out from the back of the closet (although the pants were a size too small or I had grown two
    sizes bigger since Dads funeral in 2002), borrowed a tie and was ready to go along. I underdressed , but ofcourse, in pantyhose and panties.It was
    a very nice service and on the way home, she and I talked and drank colas............God knew how I was dressed that morning............and I am sure
    he didnt care.......dana

just be yourself

Platinum Member
    Best of luck, Arlene. I certainly hope you'll find iyourself wellcome and at ease.

kimdl93, Vicky, druskin,
    Thank you ladies for the encouragment. Hugs & Kisses

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member

Best of luck

Just remember, it's not the opinion of the folks at the church that counts. It is what is inside of your heart and mind.

Hopefully you are welcomed with good christian fellowship and courtesy.

Love,
    Sandra1746

Aspiring Member
    My experience is that they don't notice or they notice but don't say anything, instead you get treated the same as any other, the same as any other attendee. Of course my church is conservative.

Tina,
    Thank you for the tips & support.l

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

There are plenty of churches, though, where a cd would be talked to about it, before ever returning dressed.

Hey, just wanted to wish you good luck. And remember, some of those priests could be wearing anything under their vestments, if you know what I mean!