Thread: Crossdressing eases my depression

Crossdressing eases my depression

I have a lot to be happy about but as I get older I must admit I have been dealing with depression. I find that my family has been very helpful and helps me get through those tough days. I also find that my crossdressing has really played a big part in helping me get through my depression. I am truly amazed how much dressing in womens clothes has helped lift my spirits. I have always known I was a crossdresser and it seems I am much happier when I am wearing a dress. Crossdressing has helped me to forge ahead as well as my family. I am a closet crossdresser but still it is something I need and enjoy. I have become stronger as a result of wearing the dress!

Gold Member
    When I get irritable and cranky; My wife tells me, "Why don't you go put on your Bra"
    You know, it does calm me down for some unknown reason.
    Rader

That's good to hear Emmi, I can definitely relate. Cross-dressing is something that completes us, we do it because it gives us some sense of satisfaction. Now, if you are ever too depressed to put on a dress, call us immediately!

It's always been a source of self-therapy to me. It lifts my spirits and help to clarify my mind. It calms me down, picks me up, and I feel like I can accomplish any task set in front of me.

Crossdressing seems to help my depression also.

Aspiring Member

I agree

I find that dressing in some pretty clothing, even if it's only around the house makes me more cheerful and happy. It's a way for me to do "self medication" without actually having to take anything.

Peace and comfort through dressing.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Nice post, Emmi and I agree- I'm a happier person when I get to dress occasionally.

Most definitely. When my long time girl friend dumped me the first thing I wanted to do was shave my legs and put on a skirt. A good friend of mine died unexpectedly and to cope with the loss I would come home and dress.

Hi Emmi. Sorry to hear about the depression. I've been dealing with it the past 12 years and its mainly caused by low levels of the brain chemical serotonin. There are some natural things you can do if you don't want to go the prescription med route. Daily aerobic exercise (at least 30 minutes), getting outdoors in the morning sunlight, and certain foods all cause the release of serotonin which will improve your mood. I'm glad that dressing helps but if the depression is chronic, try some of these things I mentioned and see if you feel better. Best of luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yet another benefit of Crossdressing!

Being serious for a moment, depression is something I suffered from a few years ago and it can be a living hell so I can empathise.
    Emmi, look after yourself girl and keep dressing if it helps you.

All the best, SUZY

I can pretty much agree with everyone on this. While I do not feel down much, I always seem to feel better when I have a frilly outfit on.

I am a lifelong crossdresser from age 7.

I have never been diagnosed with depression and have always have a sunny and cheerful disposition except when I have not crossdressed for > 2-3 days ... the symptoms of irriitability and bipolarity seem to set in and intensify until I am full into my transgendered life again.
    It took me years to diagnose the cause of my grief.

My management plan is simple - always dress to the level time & energy permits maybe today is in full, tomorrow just a pink house coat,next day panties,skirt and top etc.

The negative effects of no women clothes on crossdressers - in my opinion - are real and should be recognized.

This has long been under the radar for us girls.

"I am truly amazed how much dressing in womens clothes has helped lift my spirits " " ... it is something I need and enjoy"

These quotes ring 1000% true to me, when I am deprived of my required crossdressing my spirits start moving lower form the time of the last dressing session.

When I redress and break the drought - I literally dance and smile the day away and feel the happiest.

The joy of life is strongest when I am being dressed as a woman - it's just the way it is for me.

It is something I need . I need it to be me as much as a woman needs her clothes,makes up and dainties to be her.

Recently I went to a company conference and had a roomate thus could bring no women's clothes,could not dress and was worried the stress of not dressing would cause me to sleeptalk crossdressing.

It was much harder to do at 50 than 30.

Congratulations Emmi !

You dress for your spirits girl -" dressing therapy " can really help a girl - it sure helps me.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 03-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post

Peace and comfort through dressing.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746
    I think this could be our slogan lol
    Thanks Sandra

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Dressing certainly cheers up my husband - if he gets a period when he cant dress for one reason or another, he tends to get into a mood - and he isnt much fun to be around when he's in a bad'un.

Married to "Loving wife" IamToni's Avatar
    In my experience crossdressing has a very positive effect on mental health. I don't know why, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    ... I am truly amazed how much dressing in womens clothes has helped lift my spirits. I have always known I was a crossdresser and it seems I am much happier when I am wearing a dress. Crossdressing has helped me to forge ahead as well as my family. I am a closet crossdresser but still it is something I need and enjoy. I have become stronger as a result of wearing the dress!
    I find the same thing, even if I am more limited. Dressing doesn't have the side effects of antidepressants, either.

Thank you all for your wonderful insight and your comments. I am revisiting therapy and will be more truthful of my crossdressing needs and my TG feelings. I am happy to be able to be honest and open here and to hear all of you relate your experiences. It is great to have you all in my corner! Thank you! emmi

please be true, hi ,i am 37 and have a wonderful wife who has encouraged my cross dressing through the last 12 years. this last weekend I have been able to tell her that I am more into it than I originally let her know. I explained that i need my feminine side to be more out there than I originally said. It is very important to be a woman or at least to try to be.LOL

Silver Member
    Interesting. This topic came up with my therapist today. I have ZERO interest in dressing when depressed. For me, depressed = suppressed. Depression is a coping mechanism and I switch off.

Lea

When I do not crossdress I experience cognitive dissonance which is the mental conflict that people experience when they are presented with evidence that their beliefs or assumptions are wrong.

My mind does not feel male but my body looks male so I change the outside to match the inside and the dissonance goes away. If I ignore the dissonance to long I experience mental pain that steals my joy of being alive and I risk depression.

How strong the dissonance determines how strong the desire to escape it, for me it is extreme
    so I always crossdress so I see myself in an image that is the expression of how I feel, in my circumstances it is not sexual in the least because the male sexual aggression/appetite is completely absent.

I believe my natural disposition that I was born with predisposed me to forming a female identity in the first few years of life that than became in conflict with what society tried to mold me into creating a split personality of real female and pretend male, a conflict of two different identities, the one I chose for myself and the one that was thrust onto me.
    Last edited by KellyJameson; 03-14-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Crossdressing is stress medicine for me also. I feel so at peace with myself and complete when I crossdress. Crossdressing also makes me feel like the better person that I want to be.

Aspiring Member
    Amen to everyone's comments. I am on antidepressants but sometimes they don't work. Crossdressing makes me happy and my Kendra Sue time is very therapudic

The only time I feel really down is when I'm 100% in drab. I have to at "least" be wearing a cute pair of panties to avoid the blues.

Such is the price I have to pay, to avoid depression. LOL

Oh such a great topic girls. I was on a few of those anti-deeprussian [ I know I can't spell] drugs and went back to my closet and put on the comfy clothes... Dumped the drugs and with the money saved, bought more comfy clothes... I'm happier and it didn't cost that much more. Besides, those drugs had more of a numbing effect than anything else...

Happy to be out and about.... mostly..

Renne....