Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did that name come from?

Where did that name come from?

I was thinking the other day [Yes it does happen] and I realised that I did not choose the name Suzy, it sort of chose me.

I would love to know where it came from. My subconscious? And if so why. I never new anyone with the name Suzy. I did know a dog with the name Suzy [No, don’t go there!]
    What I do know is Suzy is me. It’s as simple as that. I could get a headshrinker to tell me if I felt headshrinkers were any good, but I don’t.

I sometimes think I have been Suzy all my life but I was not always conscious of it. I find the thought kind of warm and cosy.
    I blame you Anna2345 for getting me all emotional and sloppy here.

Don't worry, I will snap out of it after a couple of screwdrivers.

SUZY

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't feel bad, Suzy. My ex named her first daughter after her 1st pet pooch. And, our daughter after her favorite kitty!

The older girl has retained the tradition! Naming her just born first child after HER 1st puppy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Don't feel bad, Suzy. My ex named her first daughter after her 1st pet pooch. And, our daughter after her favorite kitty!

The older girl has retained the tradition! Naming her just born first child after HER 1st puppy!
    Thanks Sherry. I am a bit of an old dog I suppose.

A woman I once knew told me that her father had named her sister after his lover. When his wife found out about that, she wasn't terribly pleased.

I took mine from a friends beautiful wife. I was totally enamored with her features. The most beautiful Sheila.

Banned Read only
    Hi Suzy!

My name came from a girl named Julia that I sat next to in the 6th grade back in 1977.
    She was a very nice and kind girl.
    One evening after school I said out loud in my room that I was going to name myself after her.

On October 17th of 2007 I stood before a judge in Helena Montana and it became legal.

Julia

Suzy, i had thought about it, i first used the Teresa, but when i decided on my hair color i liked, i also didn't like the name i had seen some ladies with the name, i felt pretty and sexy with the new name i choose. NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

My signature tells it all, at one time I was know here as Beyonce Welch, at that time, I named myself after Beyonce Knowles & Raquel Welch.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I never really had a name but my x GF who knew named me ally or Allison
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Around the time i was truly starting to explore and accept myself as being more girl than guy I was reading the story Peter Pan....took to Wendy as being the caretaker of the Lost Boys...and if anyone was a lost boy at this time in my life it twas I...So Wendy it was...Marie is from my Grandmother.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I did not have to come up with a name. I was always named Taylor which can be male or female. I guess it proves that I always had a female side. :-)
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Mix your screwdrivers with milk of magnesia so you will have a Philips Screwdriver.. Sorry.

Catriona just seemed right and its a name i love....
    I have a good one for you... a tv fishing personality out here named his son "jetty reef ***********"
    so i think being cd is good in the way that we get to name us
    tho im still happy with my real name

My name changes as I evolve as a person. The fact is that years ago, I took the time to fill out 6 notebook pages with potential names. Some of them I have used but in a few cases I used the Gene Roddenberry method of making names for his Star Trek characters, pulled them out of the air. The bottom line is that who I am today is not the same person I started out as, but all of those stages are still with me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hello Suzy,

My came from this girl who was my sister in law. She was very out going and had a very energetic personality. And she was very pretty. Very fun to be around.

Kristy

My name came in an instant with no thought attached. I signed up on some site or other and had to fill in a user name... and Kaz was born! It stuck as I kind of liked it! But it did come in an instant... so maybe the name chose me?

I then found out it was a diminuitive of Karen and a few others, so I tend to think of myself as Karen, aka Kaz! I have a Karen email account as well as a Kaz one!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1
    I sometimes think I have been Suzy all my life but I was not always conscious of it. I find the thought kind of warm and cozy. I blame you Anne2345 for getting me all emotional and sloppy here. Don't worry, I will snap out of it after a couple of screwdrivers.
    [SIZE="2"]Come on over, Suzy – I have a bottle of scotch and I know how to use it!

Maybe you bumped into Suzanne unconsciously. Suzy is a cute name, so if it came to you in a dream you must have pleasant (cute) dreams! Since I’ve been on this site I’ve come to refer to myself on occasion (in the real world) as Freddy – it’s a nice name that can go either way, much like me. Warm and cozy is a GOOD way to be…

PS – Anne2345 is synonymous with (blessed) emotion – I can attest to that…
    [/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Heavens, I feel like I'm channeling Karren because:

I just asked my wife.

Tina.

That solved it!

"great happiness"
    I reviewed the baby names web sites to choose Alisa. Depending on the site you go to these days, the name has varied origins and meanings. The one I like the best and the one that probably moved me to choose Alisa is:

The girl's name Alisa \a-li-sa\ is pronounced ah-LEE-sah. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "great happiness".

My wife recently chose the name Jamie for me...

Jamie \j(a)-mie\ as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Jamie), is pronounced JAY-mee. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Jamie is "he who supplants". Originally a pet form of James, now also used as a feminine form of James.

So I've taken the name Jamie... Alisa Jamie August or Jamie Alisa August... Not sure which way to go... Btw... She chose the name for other reasons and not soooo much for the meaning on the Baby Names site...

Alyla is a palindrome, same forward as back, I think it reflects balance and in a mirror it reads the same, a 'Y' is implicant in a symbolic way, held between two 'L's'. and completed by the alpha beginning on either end, plus I love the sound, I think of it as a totem, as well as a logo, and their is a structural symmetry to it that connotes balance to me as well. In addition she was a very sweet, strong and fascinating character in a novella, Elijah's Flight, I wrote, began, about ten years ago; the end of the story is waiting to be completed, but I have gained great insite, into my being as I go back and read in the context of the time, where I was, and the time where I am, of that which was written, while I grew into my being. In doing so I have left alot of the chains of modern society behind me. So I have settled here, and I think she is happy with me as well.

Believe,
    alyla

I kept it simple and just dropped the B from my male name and added a J for my femme name. But it wasn't always that simple, while I was still deep in the closet I was using the name Billie Jo in correspondence. I used a post box so mail wouldn't be delivered to my house. But alas, I started receiving mail addressed to Billie Jo Mc *****. My wife asked me who Billie Jo was and I told her it must have been addressed to the wrong person. To avoid any more confrontation, I stopped using that name and wouldn't receive any more mail in my box. Eventually I dropped the box as well.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    As you can see, i do not have a truly female name. I suppose I am waiting for one to choose me, like yours did Suzy. i dont know if this is my internal self holding back as a means of protecting the long time male, since I am so new to this life. I hope that in time I will "discover" my female self's name. Until then the nickname will suffice, I hope. Maybe its Barbarella, Babes for short, who know.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Missy was given to me from a co worker along time ago
    as the years pass I choose the name Carla from the hurricane that hit Galveston Tx the same days and year that I was born
    it fits my personality to a T
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

My ex-wife chose the name Dixie for me when we were still dating. Where she got it I do not know but I like it so I've kept it
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Hi,

Noel has 5 variant forms nata ,natal, natale, nowel ,nowell,
    noel is both male & female .noelle

no-el or german noel'e'- no'e'l
    Origin French
    meaning Christmass.

hence no-el reflects male in me & noeleena reflects female in me, so i have it both ways,

...noeleena...