Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the "going thru a phase" concept

the "going thru a phase" concept

there was a point when I was much younger when I actually thought I would "outgrow" my love for feminine attire. I've found in my case, it wasn't true! I bet theres a lot of us who believed it, did you?

I never thought it was a phase but when I was very young and my mother found a few of her garments under my mattress she never mentioned it. However my father came in to my room the next night, thought I was sleeping, and quietly said while touching my fingernails: "Just going through a phase---he's no sissy." And that was the end of it thank God!
    Yes we know better but that was over 80 years ago.
    Julie

I always felt like it was something that needed to be suppressed growing up. Never really thought it was a phase that I'd eventually get out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari333 View Post
    there was a point when I was much younger when I actually thought I would "outgrow" my love for feminine attire. I've found in my case, it wasn't true! I bet theres a lot of us who believed it, did you?
    Ya know what that was ? It was called a JOB an FAMILY ! Way to BUSY to dress you ever notice that if ya get real busy an slammed ya dont dress near as much ? That was my most dorment period , But just look at the age group on here most of the chix are around the same age GROUPS ,, Not the same age ,, AGE GROUPS ! I guess we have more time an we can do more ? cuz when your real young or even still in shcool it can be dismissed as a passing faze ,, Other things take center stage ,, Even GGs do it ,, Not so much into certain things at certain periods of there life . I guess we have wayyyy to much time on our hands ,, HUH,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

yeah, its never a just a phase.

I guess it was also that when you're young and don't understand it (like I do now?), I wanted it to be a phase too. I wanted to be "normal" and be like the other boys. I just didn't realize that so many boys also secretly loved pretty dresses and high heels!

My phase has lasted over fifty years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Of course. I couldn't decide if I was just an incorrigible pervert or if this was some phase that I'd grow out of. A few decades later, I've abandoned any thought that the phase will pass.

Closest I came was while in the Navy. But would always do it while home on leave or liberty. And the last 6 months of my enlistment, found and rented a studio apartment so I could dress. Purged when the ship moved to Long Beach from San Diego and I was about to re-join civilian life in a month or two. Did have a stash in the trunk of the car for a short time, but the car was always subject to inspections if on base and worried me having fem clothes to explain. Heck back then better not even have male civies on base.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Esspecialy when your in a store dressed to the nines buying a new pair of heels when your about 40 in your home town with your OL BUDDYS wife at the check out counter ... DOH !!!!!! UH,, its for REAL !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Oh yes lots have believed it! Then they end up married with kids and it comes back with a vengeance!

Then they have created "The Big Lie" but it was not intentional. Their SO's then have to deal with it too.

If you crossdress now you'll most likely later. Of course in the old days we didn't know this...

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Yes, I agree, it is a phase that we all go through, it's called life! Never outgrown it yet, so when this phase is finished, what then? LOL
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

What phase, when I was 5 I thought the greatest thing in the world would be to have a closet full of girls clothes. As I got older, I got a couple of GG siblings and throught, hey when they grow up, I can use their clothes... When I went to college, I thought the greatest thing was to have a job that paid great $$ so that I could buy a closet full of girls clothes.... Now, I may not have the high paying job, but I sure do have the closet full of clothes....

I'm in my happy phase.....

Renne.....

Yeah, I thought I could beat it and get past it. No such luck... Unfortunately, life got complicated during those years and now I have a wife and kids who are also potentially affected by this now.

Anna

It's never a phase, and it never goes away - not even if you hear "those aren't for boys" or something similar.

I can't say that I ever felt it was a phase I was going through, but I clearly remember thinking it would go away once I was married. And I married young at age 17. I also remember that when I was going steady with a girl, or just became attracted to a girl I wanted to date, the "phase" would stop. I also believe that in my case it all started out as purely a fetish type of sexual release. It was not until I was about 25 or so that I fell in love with the woman that would become my second wife, that I even knew what it was I was doing. The term Crossdresser was not even known to me back then. She was the first person I ever told. it was from there that my crossdresisng graduated to something more then just a sexual fetish. I was forced to finnd answers for her that I never even gave thought to explore before then.

Just a phase, right. I thought it would end when I got married. It ended...for a few months...but then she had nice lingerie...and she was almost my size...she had lots of makeup and a couple of wigs. Oh no...OH YES!

Miriam
    So many phases... It's just a teenager thing. I can pray it away. I can ignore it. It just takes will power. When I have a steady sexual relationship it'll go away on its own. When I'm married it'll go away. Back to it just takes will power. Finally, I surrender. I like this last phase best.

Miriam

Well, obviously, the people who went through a "phase" of crossdressing and then quit are not reading or posting here. Since we all tend to assume that our own opinions and experiences apply to everyone else, you will find that this group thinks unanimously that no one can ever outgrow the behavior. That may or may not be true, but what is certain is that asking the users on CD.com will never help you find out the answer!

- Diane

I outgrew a lot of phases Hon. It's an ongoing process and never stops until we reach our full potential as a being.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Like they say "It's a life sentence" so just enjoy and have fun.

When I first decided to confront this with myself, that was one hypothesis I chose to test. I considered that I may have simply had some pent up desires from years of repression and if I did it awhile I get it out of my system. That was 25 years ago and I haven't had enough yet. In fact, of the countless people I've heard from or read accounts of I don't recall anyone ever deciding the phase was over and they'd had enough. Anyone here?

Lyric

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not, "phase", "phaser"! I'm pretty sure someone shot me with a CD phaser gun when I was 50!

How else can u explain those first completely CD Free 50 years!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I did! I finally outgrown my need to crossdress, now I just were clothes analogous with my gender .

I haven't and don't plan on "outgrowing" women's cloths.