Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this website help?

nicole1987
    I believe so far this site has been a good deal of help/support for the short time ive been here

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Absolutely id does- gave me lots of new friends, and helped build courage that I never knew I had.

This site has helped me in many ways. If it wasn't here I would have never tried stepping out the front door wearing a dress.

Miriam
    This site is important to many, including me. Where else can we find so much support, advice, and acceptance? Where can we learn so much about what is and isn't true relative to CD, TG, TS? Sure, there are conferences - but where can we learn so easily about them? There are other websites - but which ones speak with so many voices? There is occasional dissent and argument, but enrichment lies even in these dark corners. I only wish I had found these sisters and their support years earlier.

Miriam

Being hear with so many wonderful people has been a godsend for me. When the repressed need / desire surfaced to dress as a woman it scared the %^&( out of me, not to mention the shame I felt. This safe place, and the people here showed that I am not a nut job. I look forward to coming here as I travel to what ever my destination is going to be on this road of life.
    So in a nut shell yup it helped
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Of course this website helps. If for no other reason than you can find a friend or friends here that you can go out with or visit with. This site is your key to a wider universe.[/SIZE]

All the years talking to myself while locked in the closet got me no place. Being able to share thoughts and feeling with others on this site has helped me get out of that closet and navigate through life realizing that I am a normal person and that other people feel and do the same things that I do. It feels so good to be out and free with like minded friends.

It did me and continues to do so. Clothing to HRT to counseling next week. I have a close girlfriend who is a CDr...So YES thank you, hats off to the moderators and my smart beautiful CD friends..
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

This site has been a tremendous source of support, information, and humor for me. It lets me have discussions with so many wonderful people that I wouldn't be able to otherwise.
    Last edited by jaye_cd; 03-14-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: 3am lack of sleep grammer.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    This web site has definitely helped me. Apart from discovering that I was not the only freak on the planet, I have encountered people who cared enough to counsel caution when they thought I might be getting carried away. They and others helped me to see clearly who I am and what I needed to do to realise that.

I have also "met" and corresponded with numerous people who have enriched my life and who I hope I have helped in return. I do not always agree with them but respect them enough to listen and offer an honest opinion.

Sometimes the discussions on the forums seem of greater or lesser interest to me, but I keep coming back, knowing that I am part of the crossdressers.com family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by NitaCD View Post
    All the years talking to myself while locked in the closet got me no place.
    Perhaps you didn't include enough people in your discussions I quite enjoy a good group debate when I am on my own
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 03-14-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added 2nd reply
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Classic Lingerie Lover
    It's great. I've learned a lot and have ben entertained at the same time. It's my first stop every morning right after checking the news and weather. Let's keep it going!

Hugs,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

go find a support/social CD group in your area I'm sure there is one around, try Google!

It's definitely helped, and given me a lot of food for thought also.

helps me! if it wasent for this place i would of gone crazy a looooong time ago.

Banned Read only
    I have been thinking about this quite a lot lately. There is no question this site "helped" me. Past tense. Without some of the kind people I have encountered here, I may never have come out to my wife. As a result of that help, I felt compelled to reach out and try to help other crossdressers as well as their wives and girlfriends which I consider an honor to to.

But now, as I look over the forum I usually see so much nonsense. I feel like those looking for real advice are getting lost in the noise. I had a thought just this morning about what the wife or girlfriend of a crossdresser might think if they just looked at the first page of the M2F section and I was embarrassed. Somehow I think this site has lost its way. I just don't know if I hang much longer, but I do owe my happiness and that of my wife, to those special few here.

this place has helped me tremendously. Just the realization of so many people feeling the same way I have since I was young. I came out completely to my wife 2 days ago because of this place. Out working today, we talked about it for 20 to 30 minutes. I would of never had full disclosure without everyone here. I will be fully dressed and camera ready soon, very soon. Cheers for you being here.

Babes' comment hits the nail on the head.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Banned Read only
    Sad to say, but this website definitely makes things worse for me. There are many reasons, half of which are in my control, half are not... Maybe 40/60, eh, who knows. The point is, quite frankly, I feel awful after surfing/lurking this site for any amount of time.

Ironically, I just logged on for the first time in 2ish months, I think, and this is the first thread I see...

Gold Member
    This has been an absolutely wonderful find for me. It's helped me understand this side of my personality and has helped encourage me to not only step outside at conferences, but to open up to a very select few friends. Have met many wonderful people here and have actually met several face to face. Without this site, not sure where I would be right now.

I can answer with a resounding YES.

When I first came to this site I was afraid of my own shadow and had never ventured out. There was a wealth of information here not avaiable anywhere else...based on real life experience. I later came out to my family and tried going out and fell flat on my face. I lost so much time thinking I could not go out until I passed. But eventually the experiences and advice of others gave me the motivation to head out. In the last couple of years I have been so busy...between work and a million other things that I can no longer come here often. Besides, I have been learning from my real life experience and having so much fun! I do spend at least 75% of the time dressed and so many now know about my femme side. And guess what? It has only been for the better. I can honestly say I am a happy, well adjusted CD.

I no longer spend time hiding from others or changing clothes 3 times a day. I still keep a low profile around my kid's school and my boss. But my neighbors, doctors, bankers, lawyers, vendors, fellow church members and many friends have accepted me the way I am. I is so totally liberating. And to think I once thought this was utterly impossible...

Best informative and entertaining stories: Thanks TXKimberly for taking the time to do some of your write-ups. They were very encouraging to me.

Best piece of advice I ever got: Thanks Karren, for letting me know the most important thing is self-confidence...i.e. imposing your own reality while smiling. This has been an invaluable tool for me.

But I really owe everyone my gratitude. There are many here that have contributed to my happiness. Thanks Tamara and all the mods for their hard work.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud