Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this website help?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Question Does this website help?

For the most part I'd say this forum helps. It helps me understand myself and let's me know I'm not an oddball. BUT! It also makes me feel more alone than ever. Not being able to talk face to face or just have friends that understand me make me feel more alone than when I was in the closet.

Just knowing that there are people out there like me and not having any other contact other than staring at a screen is like a carrot on string.

So is this website helping or making things worse for you?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This forum at best helps entertain me! Lol. Though I've made some great friends here and learned a few things. So yes. It helps.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This forum at best helps entertain me! I have learned a few things and I leave a little of my brand of humor behind
    Do not feel alone any more than the rest of us.You have a lot of life to enjoy yet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It does help to some extent when the topics are of personal interest and maybe I can leave a crumb of knowledge that is useful. Plus, I get to see what Karren is going to zing in with. It also got me to go out...once.

It does help people that's why it's so popular. Being TG, or being in a relationship with one can be difficult.

It’s good enough for me Briana.

I never had any hang-ups about CDing but to find this site and find out that there are so many other odd balls like me was great!

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post

I never had any hang-ups about CDing but to find this site and find out that there are so many other odd balls like me was great!
    SUZY

I resemble that remark Suzy!!

Briana the forum helps in that you realise that you are not alone and that what you feel is Ok.
    Now what you do with this knowledge is up to you. Before I joined this forum, I was closeted and felt alone. But through this forum I met others, first, online and later in person. It has given me the courage to open the door and go out and express myself. Whether you go out in public or just to private functions is up to you and your comfort level.

Platinum Member
    Knowledge doesn't make you lonely...but it may lead to a desire for real life expereinces. All of us need social contacts. Perhaps the forum has given you examples of people who have successfully conquered their fears and gone out to interact with people in the real world. If reading of the experiences of others, getting advice on make up and tips on clothing, or just learning to face your fears and become more confident about going out in public, then it has helped.

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Hell Yes ... I had no idea how common my "hobby" was until I found this place. It made me feel alot more normal and not such a freak.
    Fun loving skirt wearer

I think this forum is super helpful and quite fun, as well. I remember the dark days before the Internet when learning more about crossdressing and transgender matters was not nearly so easy. If the Internet had been around a couple of decades earlier I'm sure I would have come to understand myself much sooner-- and probably have been one rockin' '70s babe, too.

Lyric

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    With all of us oddballs here, it is most definitely entertaining. More importantly, it is a big help. Look at what it has done for you Briana. It has you expanding your horizons far beyond what you were probably thinking before joining. Now you are comfortable talking about yourself and sharing visual evidence of what you do, and accepting outsiders comments. This has lead you to the next step. Physical presence, the ultimate human desire, to be with others of a like mind. I would bet this forum has accelerated your awareness of this need greatly. The doings of the members is providing your inner self with the reassurance that meeting people just might not be as scary as once thought, and your mental wellness sensor has moved on to the next frontier, and begun to make you question why you aren't there yet. You have just gotten there a lot faster than you expected.

So yes, this forum is helping in more ways than any of us realize. IMHO

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Joining this forum was one of the best things I could ever do for myself, I have grown by leaps and bounds compared to where I was just a few short years ago and being on this forum has been a huge part of that

The forum has shown me I'm not alone. That what I've been doing since before puberty is not all that rare. That all those years of secreted, closeted dressing in lingerie was also not uncommon. The forum has emboldened me to embrace my feminine side and to go further and experience going out en femme and meet others, which too, I've come to realize, is not all that uncommon nor completely disapproved of.

So, yes. This forum has been a godsend. And it's a brave new world.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    For me, this forum has been monstrously entertaining and fun, and as several people have already said, it's helped me to know I'm definitely not alone. I have fun talking about panties and bras and such, and this forum is an out for that.

Speaking of which, this makes me want to start up that ol' "what color panties are you wearing today" thread that was going when I was here before, but I'm not sure if it was closed for a reason.

yes it is for me, I keep coming back here even though I wish I could meet more you in person. I tried that in another website
    and all I got were offers for sex and dirty talk, noo thanks

It helps me deeply because I know I am not alone and definately not 'weird'. I love being a woman, well the illusion of one anyway and I love that I have a place to go to post, comment, meet ppl that want the same things as I do. Being a girl (when you were born a male) isn't easy but it is who we are and no way am I going to suppress it. Coming out to my amazing wife after 12 yrs together was the best thing I ever did (still limits mind you) but to think she (other then you gals) is the only one who knows how I have felt since an early age (I remember asking my mother at age 4 if I could wear dresses to school) helps keep things in check and keeps me (drab self) from driving into the biggest tree on my way home from work. LOL

I love this forum. In a world where I knew there were others like me, I could never find them at the same time. I never got a chance to communicate with them like I can here, though in person would be much more fun and rewarding if your at that point in your life.It's great to get makeup tips, share clothing ideas, get help with clothing shopping and showing off your newest look

Sometimes though I find it to be a mixed bag of pressure. when girls ask how to hide hair, you get told shave. How to get certain items, just go to the store. Which is sound advice mind you, but not so easy on some girls. A lot, like myself, have just comes to terms that this isn't going away and have a lot of hurdles to jump before we are as comfortable with all of this as others are BUT there are also a lot of veteran dressers that can help with some really great advice on this also.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I beats the heck out of $120 an hour to talk to a shrink. It gives me a voice that I have never had, and let's me compare notes with others in the same boat (or leaky life raft if you prefer). And it helped me come out to my SO. Jury still out to see if that was a good thing or not.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

I've only been here as a member one day and I have found this site extremely helpful as a source of information and support... I've never met so many nice and accepting people... I feel like I can discuss my identity issues and be my true self here without having to worry about judgment or prejudice... My first actual forum post was a really long one, but the girls here patiently answered it and were very nice to me... I'm so happy I found this place and even happier that I actually worked up the courage to start posting...

Brianna

This site has helped me in my ways, but especially in that I have meet so many fabulous people here, mostly via e-mails, PM, phone, and a few in person. IMO our community is so so thoughtful & caring. I love this site.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member
    Yes; this forum is the best thing since slice bread and driveways.
    I have learn so much here, and have built up my confidence to no end.
    Besides it is very entertaining to an old fart like me. LOL
    Rader

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    First point to get off my chest, why is it that Suzy always seems to get a comment in before me?
    Before finding this site, I thought I was an isolated incident, I never dreamed there could be so many others but am thrilled to now realise just how un-alone I am.
    I too feel that it would be nicer with face to face but as I'm only just finding my way in this part of my life, I can admit that I have found a sincere lift to my heart from my interactions here. The only thing that knocks me back is just how bloody good some of you look. So my heart felt thanks to everyone on here. p.s Briana...stunning photo!
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Briana I think this website and the internet as a whole helps inform and is an outlet for discussing your feelings. Its a good thing as long as its not a replacement for real life relationships. We all long for that. I would see if there is a local cd support group that you can join. You'll be able to meet others in a safe environment. There are also nightclubs that are TG friendly. I would start with a support group and go from there. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you found a TG support group in your area? This is a great way to start meeting people like yourself in a safe environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    For the most part I'd say this forum helps. It helps me understand myself and let's me know I'm not an oddball. BUT! It also makes me feel more alone than ever. Not being able to talk face to face or just have friends that understand me make me feel more alone than when I was in the closet.

Just knowing that there are people out there like me and not having any other contact other than staring at a screen is like a carrot on string.

So is this website helping or making things worse for you?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)