Thread: "You know that you're cute!"

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar

"You know that you're cute!"

Yes, I really heard that from an extremely kind, friendly salon owner yesterday while dressed! The oddyssey in getting my first wig finally reached its conclusion yesterday. I met with Julia at her salon again, taking an early lunch. It was just the two of us, and she encouraged me to bring a blouse. I thought about it, brought a blue dress instead with black tights to match my black heels. We tried on both the red one that I loved so much and the ash blonde, but the choice was obvious when I put the blonde one on.
    Julia then offered to help me with my makeup, giving me tons of tips and making this mug look better than I ever could have done. Then, we posed for pictures, and she made that comment as I posed, encouraging me to smile.

Unfortunatley the new camera I bought did not have a memory card, and in my excitement to get to the appointment I never even thought to look for one. I did snap a few with my cell phone, but it doesn't do justice to the work Julia did. Still, that one comment she made just made my day. and i do promise, for those who have asked, yes, I will post pictures soon, just won't be as nice as they were yesterday.

Lucky ,,,, lucky,,, duck

Crap your lucky thats what im talkin bout , Feels good ,, HUH,,,, All folks aint bad .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Platinum Member
    Take the compliment and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Take the compliment and enjoy it.
    Agreed! A compliment is a good thing for sure for any TG girl. Usually we are expecting the worst.lol.

Yes comliments do wonders!!

Thanks, girls! And believe me, my heart melted when I heard it (it was only later that I thought about it .) But what an experience- I'd never been anywhere as Janice other than my house, and to really do it, with clothes, hair and makeup and know that it was done right was just the most incredible feeling. I'm still buzzing about it.

Banned Read only
    Uh-Oh, another one reaching for the door!

That's great. When I went out last for a new wig (which is getting old now), I told the shop owner, Linda, "I'm here so you can make me gorgeous."

She said, "You're already gorgeous!"

Some people say the nicest things!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Your camera should have an internal memory, aside from a memory card, or else it shouldn't take any pictures.

Might want to look?
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Your camera should have an internal memory, aside from a memory card, or else it shouldn't take any pictures.

Might want to look?
    I was thinking this also, not as much space as a memory card but it should hold a few internally.

Glad you had such a great experience and thanks for sharing it
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Can't wait to see those pictures, cutie.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Well, I know I'm cute, but what are you?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I know that I'm cute when I pass a mirror and it stays intact.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I know I am just cute as a button, as long as I dont open my eyes and let reality into my world. Such a great experience. Of course, because you didnt get enough really good pictures, that means you have to go back for another session, and perhaps another wig even. Sounds like a good enough reason for me.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Thanks, girls you are all so sweet! And I'll see what I can do with the camera- I didn't know the internal memory would hold a photo. Babes- you convinced me! Julia offered to give me a makeup lesson and I definitely need it. I really can't say enough good things about her and her shop, TG friendly is the biggest understatement in the world when describing her and About Face.

That is terrific Janice!

Julia is awesome! I've bought a couple of wigs from her and it was an absolutely enjoyable experience.
    Debby

it is always nice to get dressed up and be acknowledged. i have always enjoyed dressing up and wished i could be free to live and do in my dresses. i am happy that you were able to enjoy being a girl and getting the attention. it is always nice to be cute and pretty. hope you get to enjoy more experiences like that and you get nice pictures of the fun times.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Janice, I talked with Julia after she did your mini make over and she was so happy at your expression when you saw your self. Julia really loves helping us special girls look our best. If you really want an experience have her give you a facial followed by a make over you will not believe how good your skin will look. The big plus with a facial is that you will not only have nice skin but you will be totally relaxed.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Paulette, thank you for sharing that! It really was a great day! And I will take your advice on the facial/makeover.