Thread: What a great day so far

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar

What a great day so far

This is probably gonna be long (we'll see) so I apologize as I am a month and a half over due on this info.

Feb. 1st I came out to my wife and told her about me "Mindy". It was a day of sharing and I felt even though I wasn't ready to, I had to tell her. Lucky for me my wife took the news extremely well. No big parade but no tears or yelling or anything negative. She merely said "I always knew you were different" I took that as a good thing. I have been taking things very slow with my wife but did start integrating femme wear into my daily routine. Mostly things I can get away with that the kids wouldn't care about like Yoga pants and tights around the house (it's cold so it's warranted some) As it turned out, we happend to find ourselves having a night alone without our kids. My wife had mentioned maybe seeing me dressed (she didn't know my femme name yet) I just said "if your ready for it, sure" (that was 1 week after telling her) Saturday the 11th came around and we went out with friends then came home. We were both tired but she was curious and we both discussed it further and almost said never mind. But we agreed that we may not have another evening alone like that again. So at around 10:30pm I proceeded to do myself up as best as I could, had to take a shower first to shave too. She waited for me downstairs and I was so nervous and she may have also (she didn't say if she was) I peeked out from the wall and she just smiled. A friendly nice smile and told me I looked pretty. That made everything so much better (I'm getting a little emotional reflecting on it) For the rest of the time downstairs we talked some makeup stuff and I had to get ready for my sunday. Which was kinda funny doing it dressed up in my sweater dress and high heel boots. I finished and met her in our room, where I changed dress's. She seemed to like my fashion sense. I don't think it's that great personally but I do alright sometimes I think. She has asked me if i had a girly name, and then she threw out a few names. She said "Mandy" I said "Close" then she guessed correctly, we both laughed about it some. That night was very surreal for me to be Mindy there with my wife. I found myself straddling her on the bed (her under covers and me not but still dressed) we talked a little more and she mentioned not being sure about kissing. Feeling strange about it. I was very OK with that. Hell the fact that we were where we were was all great. I woulda been fine with how things went downstairs. Anyway she didn't want to kiss me dressed. So I changed back and we got more familiar with each other.
    Between then and today I hadn't really dressed much - mostly busy and timing. I did a few minimal things but not how I did that night. Since i told her, we've been having a great sex life and I feel so much happier. I can't believe how much my disposition has changed from being seemingly upset/angry so often. I've bought and given her several gifts - things that didn't fit me or I wasn't into also. Even bought her some regular outfits for her to look nice in for work. Things couldn't be going any better. I had been wondering about asking her if i could dress up at night after the kids goto sleep. But I'm not sure if i'd feel strange or she would with me in makeup and her most likely freshly removed makeup. Something silly to think about in my head I guess. Then I wondered what would happen if she came home and found me dressed. Well today was that day - She was supposed to be at our kids school all morning and then head to a meeting right after so I wasn't planning on her coming home till later in the afternoon. So I decided I needed to try on a few new dress's I got and a new skirt. I was hanging out downstairs doing some online looking and she ended up coming home. At first I was "Uh Oh..." then I figured she knew and maybe it'll be cool if not I can change no problem. Well I guess she was a little startled but didn't show it. She just mentioned that she wasn't ready to see Mindy on the couch. She commented on my outfit and liking my top and proceeded to get a few things done before her meeting. So far things have been great. I was wondering how things would go when she leaves and that's when it happend. She kissed me (normally it's no biggy) on the lips. Then we kissed again (a really good one I might add) as she grabbed her stuff to go I just said "Thank you" she said "for what?" - I just said "oh, nothing" with a smile and yelled out "Love You!!" as she walked out the door. But it really made my day, my week, my month for her to be affectionate with Mindy like that. I have nothing but good hopes for our future together and I'm so lucky to have her in my life.
    I just had to get that off my bosom cause she made me feel so good.

Some of my online cd friends already know about my telling my SO. Those of you that I've had a chance to tell in PM's, thank you for your support and advice.

(now I gotta go drab up to pick up the kids from school LOL)
    Mindy

Member of the "Pulled Over When Dressed Club"

If I can get out there, you can too

It really sounds like she cares about you and loves you. Feel good story all around

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    What an awesome story! I wish it was more common!

Way to go girl!!!! Congrats on the wonderful wife of yours!!!!! I love reading stories like this! I do sympathize having to get undone to get the kids.... I have to do the same thing every day. I love working second shift!!!!!
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What an utterly fantastic story. It continually amazes me the ability of our wives to surprise us, even when they are not entirely comfortable with what we do. They really are amazing people. I know mine is, and yours would appear to be also. Give her a big hug from me. Please make sure you are continually talking about the goings on, and never take for granted anything you do. Your progression on this journey is now a partnership, and you both need to be on the same line, not just on the same page. You have a wonderful foundation to build on. Make sure both of you have fun while doing it.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    What a beautifully story, and a real great wife you have. Now make sure you do something
    special for her. My wife is totally OK with my dressing, even though I do not leave the house.
    I always try to do some Little thing extra just for her. I love her, an she loves me. And she
    deserves the little extra effort.
    Rader

my clever saying here.... Mindy More's Avatar
    Aylineira- I would have to say yes she does, and is proving it to me everyday. Yesterday has re-assured me of her deep love for me.

Bailey- I'm with you on that. I wish it was more common for all of our sisters out there. I do feel very lucky to have such an understanding loving wife. (btw- cute top in your avatar)

Amber- LOL, yeah there were a few times I almost waited to long to get "un-done" and probably a few times probably that I may have had eyeliner/mascera residue. But it probably just made me look tired like black circles under my eyes LOL. Sometimes I think it would be fun to goto the school dressed. My wife actually asked me if I was gonna change or not, she was joking but sounded a little serious.

Babes - thank you. We are working on our foundation to keep things strong between us. We've known each other for nearly 15yrs. My telling her and her understanding has only made our bond stronger in every way so far.

Rader- I did do something special for her but I can't tell everyone on here as it's not pg But I do find myself doing alot more extra things for her here and there than I had previously. I love my wife and I'm glad she loves me
    Mindy

Member of the "Pulled Over When Dressed Club"

If I can get out there, you can too

Mindy
    thats great glad you told and she accepted One word of advice GO SLOW. sometimes they are very accepting at first and then they begin to realize this is not just a passing fade and it turns. Glad it is working well and you both are enjoying it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee