Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question? How will you answer?

I guess it all depends who it is asking. TG is an umbrella term which covers the whole spectrum. As such, as a CD yes I am TG. If it is someone that I would want to be open to I would say yes. To someone else I may why they are asking. There is no way I would say D
    Of course if I'm all dressed up I guess the question is moot

No, I am a XD or TV.
    Work hard, play hard, take care of your pantyhose, remember the golden rule and remember to take good care of your family.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    F. I don't feel like one. Do I LOOK like one?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    What Nita said. But I tell my mirror that I am a transgender woman. Leanne

[SIZE="3"]Why.........are you?[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Banned Read only
    I had this very question asked of me in my earlier days before transition. Initially my answer was mostly for shock value (hey, thats just how I rolled) it was the honest truth. Yes, aren't you?

The next time someone asks I'll go with C, which shouldn't be too long since I seem to be prodded on it once a month.

I'd probably give my standard cute reply, "Nope, I'm a Sagittarius."

Actually, it matters a great deal who's asking and in what circumstances. If it's some Nosy Parker that I don't know or like, I'd give the above answer. But if it was somebody I knew and trusted and who had good reason to be asking, I'd tell them the truth. I'm not out to anybody right now (except to the good people on this forum), but I know some I could see myself coming out to.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    For me it would depend who asked and the tone they asked.

A stranger (or vague acquaintance), asking politely: I'd probably say Yes.

Some of the people at work, I feel comfortable enough to answer Yes to. For example the GG's that have told me, "Cute jacket!" or "I have exactly the same kind of shoes!". But certainly not everyone. I still don't know how I would answer my boss of 25+ years, for example. And the guy in the elevator a few weeks ago who said plainly, "I wonder what's in there?" looking directly at my large cloth purse: just plain rude.

I'm with Dee3. Why would you ask that?

Yes im a transexual woman,this would be answer........

I would have to say ( B )
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I would have to say yes like someone else said if I wasnt married I would really consider Transforming

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    My answer would be an unequivocal Yes (option a)

Most people wouldn't need to ask since it was splashed all over the papers (both local and national) then went viral on the web

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    F. I don't feel like one.
    I don't think the question was "would you like to eat a TG?"
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 03-15-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: 2nd reply
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

It would depend on the person asking. I am a crossdresser and I consider myself transgendered.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My answer would be A. What's funny is I get the male bonding jokes of being a woman or girl based upon certain behaviors that accidentally come out of me. At this point I no longer even try denying them anymore.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I used to answer "no". Butt after thinking a lot on the subject, I have to say "I don't know".

No, I am a man that likes to dress and look like a woman.

to some i would say yes to others i would say what does that have to do with the price of tea in china
    hugs
    Ronda

Yes, are you? Defining the labels may be the first step though. TG does not equal TS. TG includes being a TS but often lay people (and many even here) tend to use the TG label as interchangeable with TS. Others may find the use of the label TV as an insult. So saying you are a transvestite can conjure images of a) Frankenfurter on RHPS, b) the guy who hangs around in a bad dress prancing to ballet music or c) a sexual deviant depending on who you talk to.

So I think the proper answer is "why do you ask?" and followed by "what do you know about transgenderism?" You need a common perspective. However I don't lie about it or hide it no matter what.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The answer, Yes, I have a fem side to my personality

Miriam
    D.

I have yet to see a clear, well accepted definition so I can't possibly answer the question any other way. The vocabulary in this whole area is all over the place so we see frequent disagreements about it. That's in part why so many of us dislike the labels.

Miriam

As with others it depends on who is asking the question. It's kind of like the reporter who asks the question "have you stopped beating your wife". If you say no, you're screwed, if you say yes they report that soinso has stopped beating their wife. The only way to answer the beating question is to say "sure, just as soon as you do".

So back to the question. My answer would be "I have not been diagnosed with any certainty as to the nature of the true status that I find myself in at the present time but if you give me a minute, I'll ponder the question and get back to you".

If you're asking me the question, I say, "yep".

Thanks for the thread....

Renne.....

Complex Lolita...
    [QUOTE_Contessa]Here are your answers.
    A. Yes
    B. No
    C. I don't know.
    D. What does that mean?
    Figure if someone you know just asked you one day "Are you TG?"[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"]Here are your questions:
    A. Are you a deviant?
    B. Are you a pervert? (with a twist, perhaps)
    C. What am I supposed to think?
    D. I’m engaged in Alternative Wardrobe Explorations!

How about someone asking this question – “You’re kidding – you’re NOT TG?”
    [/SIZE]

If my mother asked the answer is b. (emphatically) NO! If my sister asked the answer would be a. yes. If my dad would have asked the answer would have
    been c. I dont know. But if Rick Santorum or the mighty Rush l. would ask,my asnwer would be evasive as to not excite a riot, all of the above....dana