Thread: Dress up/makeover session

Dress up/makeover session

For those who have read my introductory post will know that I am planning to have a dress up/makeover session with a female friend of mine and last week we went shopping and bought a dress, tights and a cardigan.

Thing is I still need to get my own underwear at least but am really not sure how to go about this i.e. what type, what size in terms of bra and also whether or not I need to tuck (I haven't tried this yet)

Also in terms of hair and makeup she is planning to straighten my hair (which is very curly) and give me a makeover, as much as I want to do this I'm a bit worried about reversiing things so nobody notices when I return home later on.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, sounds like fun and i hope you have a good time. there are 2 things you can do about the sizing and that is with underwear go for a 'one size', or why don't you ask for some help from your friend? I'm sure she could give you a rough size for both your bra and panties. eBay is great (if you know the sizes). IMHO tucking is a personal preference, it can become quite uncomfortable and i dont tuck myself. With reversing the process again theres 1 of many things you can try and do. If she's a good friend ask her if you could stay that, girls night in? hehe or if you or her drive just wait until its a little later and drive home. =) hope this helps hun

Andria x

Thanks very much for the advice, don't want my parents asking questions would rather not stay over, she said that if i damp my hair it should return to normal but i'm sure if i just mess it up it will be fine, just more worried about makeup as I know it can be quite hard to get off.

prepare yoursel before hand with nail polish reover and make up remover pads. You'll be fine hun just have fun with it, many CDs would love to be in your position.

Ok thanks, I have explained to her about all this stuff as I am a bit ocd but wanted another opinion.

Silver Member
    From my experience, nail polish is harder to remove completely than makeup.

But really, none of this is illegal. Consider telling the truth. If someone asks, just tell them. "Yeah, Jane (or whoever) put some makeup and nail polish on me. So? It was kinda fun but I'm glad I don't have to do THAT every day."

When people see that you are relaxed about your own behavior, it takes all the wind out of their sails. Honest.

But if you prepare yourself as noted in a previous post, you should have no trouble removing your makeup.

Sizes? Relax. Many, many, natal women wear the wrong size bra. You don't need to get it all exactly right the very first time. Nor should you expect to. Tuckng? No real need. It's uncomfortable, possibly dangerous, and it makes it very difficult to pee. Unless you are 17 and plan on dressing like a 17 year old, tucking is a silly exercise in masochism.

Enjoy yourself. It will be fun.

Stephie

Thanks very much for the advice, don't really care what strangers think but more worried about my brother/my parents.

The other thing is shoes, I know with guys shoes even if you pick a pair that are exactly the same size as the ones you wear comfortably now they may not be fit but don't exactly want to try on womens shoes in a shop, other half of me is wandering if there is even any point in me buying shoes since I don't plan to go out dressed.

Also not sure about shaving, think I could get away with shaving my legs but not my arms, just looking for some advice in terms of how to go about it etc.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Jane, dont know how far your friend wants to go, but shaving might be a bit far given your situation, but shaving is easy to explain by saying you saw it in a magazine and the metro male look is in right now. At your age, parents totally understand a little weird behavior fueled by magazine pressure....lol

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Thanks, I know I could definitely get away with shaving my legs as I attempted to try shaving one leg with an electric shaver and its now down to stubble (wasn't all that successful and no one has noticed) but wouldn't be comfortable shaving my legs during the summer months i.e. when wearing shorts.

I've had the urge to dress quite a lot these past few days but unfortunately my friend is really busy and it will not be for almost 2 weeks before our "session", I keep thinking about trying on my mums stuff but I am just too worried about putting things back exactly the way they were or someone coming home early and catching me.

Kinda wish I didn't have these desires to be honest

Just enjoy it Jane. I did a similar thing yars ago but because I was so uptight about the whole thing I didnt get the most out of it. Have fun

May be doing it next week, will need to shave my legs and get underwear sorted before then.

Extremely frustrated, it seems like the gods are conspiring against me/my friend so despite having meant to do it last week we couldn't and this weekend it seems like we won't be doing it either.

And to think I even shaved my legs twice.

Hello Jane!
    When you get your underwear get something like Delta Burke or Lane Bryant tye underwear that holds you in. Sew a pouch in the crotch of these panties so the fellas are held inside the pouch and back. It gives you a clean look, no bulge and no need to tuck with tape or some other method.
    Charlie