Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do some of you converse in public, when dressed up?

To my great surprise I have been called ma'am after engaging in a face to face conversion on a number of occasions, more so over the phone.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by LeannL View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread but, Rose, what you describe is about the ultimate test for having a feminine voice and you passed! The hard part of having a feminine conversation is to have feminine diction, cadence, phraseology, etc, because you aren't giving any visual clues. I am not there yet. You are! Congratulations!

Leann

Why thank you Leann! It did cause me a fair amount of teasing from the girls I worked with at the time though! Thanks for the encouragment and the advice though hon!

Hugs Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    I just try to be myself and treat whomever I encounter with warmth and courtesy. So far, it seems to work pretty well.

As Acastina describes, I have a female voice that I use when out dressed. It's not perfect, still evolving, but it's part of the challenge of presenting as female and (sometimes) pulling it off, which is part of the fun for me. At 6', I need all the female cues I can get! There is much transfer from singing, and years of research on the internet and lots of practice is finally coming together. I do have a very deep bass male voice, but the female voice comes from a different place. Finally got to the point of not worrying if I get read, which has actually given me more confidence with the voice and made it more convincing. Nice to hear all the different takes on this!

I just speak like ive allways spoken,ive never changed it any way,lucky to be born with a voice that was a curse in my younger days,lucky because i like talking alot.

what ever you do, do it with a smile,(not a creepy smile) i found alot of people dont care, just own
    the situation and go with the flow and enjoy yourself.