Thread: I have a question. Anyone is welcome to answer.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I have a question. Anyone is welcome to answer.

I have a question. What measurement do you go by to get the right size jock strap? Is it waist size or hip size. Also another question is the strap part suppose to go across the hip or the waist?
    Any in put will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

I think that since all men's pants and shorts are measured by waist size and a jock strap could be considered a specialized version of men's underwear, I would guess that it is waist size. Good luck and let us all know what is the real truth.

Aspiring Member
    Sorry, I don't have a clue. The last time I bought one of those was almost 50 years ago for HS football. Good Luck, Leanne

Silver Member
    Men's cloths doesn't go by the REAL waist though... you measure around where your pants sit around your hips... I think... I dunno...

No item of men's cloths go around your real waist... pants, underwear, jock straps, everything, sits just above your hip joint. I think men's slacks and business attire sits right on top of your hip bones. I never did care to figure it all out.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 03-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Honestly I had one once. I found it to be quite possibly the most uncomfortable piece of male underwear I've ever worn! Never worn one since, so I don't really know.

Mens undies tend to come in small, medium, large (and I guess Xlarge and XXL) so we don't tend to "measure" for the right size undies.

Mens pants are always done on waist size. As male waist and hip measurements are rarely dramatically different (hence the problem with keeping some skirts up!) there is little give in the hips. I would suggest if your hip size is considerably different to your waist size then go with you hip measurements when looking at pants as you can always bring the waist in a bit with a belt.

Thank you for all of your replies. My waist is smaller than my hips and on top of that my underwear size is smaller than those two measurements.

I never did use one but found this on the internet.
    Determine if you will wear the strap under or over your boxers or briefs. Wearing the jock strap over the underwear may push the waist size up one, if you are on the cusp of two sizes. Choose boxers or briefs that fit tightly, not loosely, if wearing over the undergarments.
    Measure your waist for an accurate size. Use a flexible tape measure and wrap it around the widest part of your waist. Use this measurement to determine if your jock strap is a small, medium or large. Take your measurements while wearing boxers or briefs if you will be wearing the jock strap over undergarments.
    Match your waist size to the jock strap size chart. Most jock strap size charts are located on the package; however, a small waist for men is typically a 26-32. A medium is 34-38. A large is 40-44. Purchase the cup size separately if the items do not come pre-packaged together. Typically, the cup is sold with the size of the jock strap; however, if the cup is not included, purchase the cup size depending on your preference of small, medium or large.

Genetic Men (GM) use the hip to define the size, which is basically a couple inches below the belly button which is wear the waist band goes around. A GM would never wear the waist band up at his actual waist line which is above the belly button. Hope this helps!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for that, My! Like Leanne, I haven worn one since high school gym classes. (They were REQUIRED!) No idea how I wore it, waist or hips, or what size! Now I'll know the correct answer if it comes up at guy's woofing session!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Hay I remember those things; LOL
    But to try to answer your question,Get a size 1 size smaller than your pants size,
    or your underwear size. You want a slightly snug fit, so there would not be any
    trouble or injury from hurting yourself. The whole idea is to keep you high and tight,
    If you get what I am saying. You wear the waist trap about at your hip bone, like said
    above, below your belly button by a few inches; maybe half way to the bottom of your
    crotch area.
    Hope this helps.
    Rader

Thank you for all the replies. I am kind of in between sizes in pants and underwear so I think I am going to have my measurements taken to help me out.

Haven't thought about those things in years, but if I remember right you go one size smaller than your underwear.

Silver Member
    Dear Misunderstood,

I think jock straps come in S, M, and L, not waist sizes. But they are not so expensive that you could not buy two different sizes to get the right one. Then you could hang the other one on your bedpost, LOL. Don't worry too much over where the straps go, dear. That question is a bit like asking whether you fasten your bra in front or in back. It don't matter, and there ain't no "right" way.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Dear Misunderstood,

I think jock straps come in S, M, and L, not waist sizes. But they are not so expensive that you could not buy two different sizes to get the right one. Then you could hang the other one on your bedpost, LOL. Don't worry too much over where the straps go, dear. That question is a bit like asking whether you fasten your bra in front or in back. It don't matter, and there ain't no "right" way.

Stephie
    If I remimber right Stephie is right. They. Ome in s m l xl so on
    Really Just bord so I'm sounding in lol
    Love Ashley D.