Thread: Concerned Wife

Concerned Wife

I have written in the past about my wife being somewhat supportive. Well a few weeks ago I was dressing for the local TG social group I attend and she said she was finally ready to see Anita for the first time. She thought the presentation was very good and that no-one would recognize the male me from the femme presentation.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. She knew that the next meeting of the group was in St. Patrick's day and she was concerned that I had no green blouses to wear. So my wife took the male me out shopping the day before the event. Together we picked out 3 new blouses for Anita, only one was green by the way, and a new pair of wedge sandals. She said that she enjoyed doing this together.

The day of the event, yesterday, I had to go into work for a few hours and when I returned home to get ready she had set out my clothing for me; the green blouse a light brown skirt of mine and a matching jacket of hers that doesn't fit her and she hasn't worn in some time. She did say she wants the jacket back if she ever fits it again. While I was getting ready she prepared supper, we ate supper before I left as two ladies. Not bad for someone that had only seen Anita a couple of weeks ago.

My wife has been much more accepting and supportive than I ever expected. She has been giving me advice on matching and jewellery and such. You must remember that I just talked to her about this reality in my life last September so it hasn't been that long. But this support has made life so much better for me, and I do tell her how special this has been to me.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Anita, this is such a nice inspiring thread. I really congratulate you and applaud your wife. She is very special. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Anita, this is such a nice inspiring thread. I really congratulate you and applaud your wife. She is very special. Thanks for sharing.
    Allie said it all for me. I'm happy for you Anita.

Wonderful Anita, but I would have changed the thread title from 'Concerned Wife' to " Loving Wife'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Anita it's so wonderful to hear your wife is so supportive.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Good for you Anita, it's nice to hear a good story like yours.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Good to hear this, Anita, I'm really happy for you.

It is obvious that your wife truly loves you and is making every effort to understand and accept your need to dress. A very special lady.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Great for you Anita. This is another instance of letting things run their own course in their own time. WIthout any pushing from you, your wife has integrated what you are doing, and did not find a reason to dislike it. WHile this does not happen for all, it does happen. Keep telling and showing her how special this is to you, and keep her entirely in the loop. You both are doing something right, keep it up.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Anita, I think that your story is a far more common CDing experience than many people realize. Conflicts and intolerance create a lot of discussion, but acceptance really doesn't. It's a pity because if relationships like yours were better known there would be a lot less anxiety and perhaps fewer of us would be frightened into hiding our CDing.

Our spouses are wonderful people, and I'm glad that I gave mine the chance to show how wonderful she is.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thank you all for for your kind words. Yes perhaps I should have titled my thred loving wife. It was hard for her at first but she is starting to enjoy this and yes, it was hard but I let her go at her own pace. We do talk about it openly, that helps.
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Quote Originally Posted by AnitaH View Post
    Thank you all for for your kind words. Yes perhaps I should have titled my thred loving wife. It was hard for her at first but she is starting to enjoy this and yes, it was hard but I let her go at her own pace. We do talk about it openly, that helps.
    I love readng experiences like yours Anita. Some of us are very lucky to have such wonderful loving wives or SO's in our life. I'm happy for you and just as happy for your wife to be able to not only accept this part of you, but to find a small woay to enjoy it with you.

Two things you said that others thinking about coming out to their wives need to take note: You let her go at her own pace. That is you did not p[ush her. Secondly, you talk openly. Thanks fior sharing.

Thanks so much for sharing this story, Anita. It is an inspirational one. Wonderful to hear how accepting your wife is and how honest and loving the two of you are. Enjoy that blessing!
    *StacyP*

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    Keep telling and showing her how special this is to you, and keep her entirely in the loop. You both are doing something right, keep it up.
    This is he best advice you can get on this thread. Congrats on a wonderful wife. You are obviously doing something right.
    Loving girlfriend of BrandyGG