Thread: husband/girlfriend dressing in front of me

Red face husband/girlfriend dressing in front of me

My husband dressed in front of me this evening in his new clothes and makeup that he bought with his sister the other day. I am ok with it. He asked me how the make up was and if I could tell if he was wearing eyeliner. I couldn't tell from where he was standing so he moved closer. I tried to tell him what he needed to do with his eyeliner, such as, don't wear the eyeliner near the tear duct, things like that. I think I am improving on his dressing. He is trying his female voice. I'm even ok with that. I let him know what I am not ok with and I also try to encourage him to do what makes him comfortable. I still laugh at the fact that he had to have my help getting out of the dress that he got stuck in and this is the dress that I am just not ready to see him in, atleast not fully dressed (make-up, wig, etc....)

You are a wondeful friend and wife, it takes both to do what you are doing. Take it at your pace, not his. My wife of 32 years is fully on board with my femme side it it has been a real boost to our relationship, which was already great. I hope your will grow as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tracey that is so cool! Nice to see you both having some fun with it.

Banned Read only
    First, you are a wonderful open person. It's a weird thing, we crossdressers know it but it is part of us. I liked this the most, "...I let him know what I am not ok with...". THAT is the most important thing. Keep talking about those boundaries. YOU may choose to change them, but that is your call.

Best wishes

I know that I have come a long way from when I first found out that he wanted to dress. We had a long talk one evening last week. Yes I did get emotional, but then we also laughed. But I think that we both needed this. We pretended like we were at a psychiatrists office and we were asking each other questions on how we felt about the cd. I found out that (sexually) I like him having nails on (which I put on for him, I enjoy putting the nails on him).

Tracey, I wish that there were more like you on this site. It really is inspiring, as I just wrote in another thread where the CD has a supportive wife. Over the long run problems and mixed feelings will pop up to spoil the day. I just hope that both of you keep those communication lines open and I think that will be more than enough to help both of you through those rough moments. It is also very heartening to see that you actually enjoy participating a little. That is a very big step for most GG's from what I have read. Just go slow, enjoy and do not be afraid to back off if it gets too intense. Thanks so much for sharing

PS: I really did like your SO's post about being stuck in the dress and not wanting to have to have you see him. I am glad that you can laugh about it too. Humor really is the best medicine.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 03-18-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: added missing word

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Thanks for that post, Tracey! Glad the two of you could laugh at getting stuck in the dress, and am happy to see that you are willing to share advice with your SO. Inspirational for all of us.

Give yourself a hug because you are a very special woman and wife.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Wonderful post Tracy. I am so glad that you two both found ground where you could meet and have fun. Not everyone can, but that is just the way it is. My wife is supportive, and in time I hope she can interact the way you are, but that will come at her pace. Only real restriction i have is no dressing in bed. Best of everything to you both, and I hope your SO keeps supplying us with comedic interludes, but none at your expense....lol.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I LOVE your post! I went OUT with my SO/ CD Girlfriends for the 2nd time EVER for St. Paddy's 2012. She and I were able to send our child to her Aunties, Check into a nearby Hotel and go Clubbing!
    Hope you will laugh with me as this was FUN and we were very strategic in our night out. What a TREAT.
    She was working overtime last week and asked a favor for me to find her First little green dress for the occasion. I HAVE NEVER HAD A LITTLE GREEN DRESS! I LOVE FASHION and HATE SHOPPING! I can get picky myself so I try to know where to go and get the best "Bang for my Buck".
    At a local resale chain I was able to find the PERFECT dress/accessories/Wrap,to match w/black plaid texture tights. Never would wear myself but scrumptious fabric and flirty look!
    Also PERFECT match feather hair accessory w/peacock feathers (in 20 MINUTES for a GREAT price).
    As She is becoming more practiced transforming to En Femme, I am having a hard time keeping my hands out of Her Way and not coaching her. ;-D
    It was SO much more fun to get ready for a night out when we were running at the same pace instead of feeling rushed to catch up, all things FEMME considered!
    WE Ended up having the Cab wait at a side door for her to come down with compliments from the "Cabby" and Others, Dinner at a 4-5 Star Restaurant What a Challenge! and a night at Clubbing with some WONDERFUL folks and the DJ, Got back to Hotel at 1:30 giddy and cute, 2 Cab Rides Later!
    Understand; We are Challenged as a traditional married couple With Young Ones, Family around, public life whatever.
    MY SO is a "proffessional" and 'bread winner' (hate the terms sorry but for lack of better language there it is) We agree "They" don't need to Know, (YET? BOUNDARY) so some of the getting out stuff has been stressfullll.
    We took our last "Date" about 6 weeks earlier. Also the need for discretion and attention to every detail can be anxiety producing. TIME is your FRIEND. WE ARE Looking forward to our 8th Anniversary, she came out in 2011. I consider her Brave, Honest and Honorable. Thanks again for your Story!
    Last edited by Slo Jo; 03-19-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tracey1982 View Post
    ...I still laugh at the fact that he had to have my help getting out of the dress that he got stuck in...
    My wife and I have many a chuckle over things like this. Zippers, necklace clasps, enforced patience while nail polish dries, etc. give us CDers a perspective into the little hassles that GGs face.

Thank you for being such a supportive spouse. I hope that your CDer is returning your consideration.

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thank you Tracy! It's always nice to read how our GG members feel about things concerning their mates. Like others have said, the chance to laugh together as well as play together is refreshing. Hope to read more from you in the future.

Hi Tracey

I think you are doing the right thing. Communication and time are the key words for you both.
    Its wonderful that you can talk about what you are ready to accept and are not quite ready for some things. The support you are providing for your partner is invaluable. The fact you can laugh about things is great.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

You are to be congratulated for the way that you are handling this situation. I hope that your husband knows how fortunate he is!
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    really good to read the SO's side of the "trapped in the dress" saga! I did laugh about that - its the sort of thing my OH would do - what are they like eh?

It is good to hear some couples can come to an agreement and even enjoy it.