Thread: Trip to the hardware store dressed

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar

Trip to the hardware store dressed

Went to the hardware store earlier today with a female friend who knows Paulette. We were getting 5 sheets of plywood and some screws to put it down with. We get to the check out and the clerk gives the total and I swipe my credit card, the clerk asks to see the card and then says, who's card is this? I say its mine and she asks for ID which I showed her my drab license . She looks and says OK. She then said do you ladies need help loading this lumber. Prior to this I had not even thought about passing and after this I felt like a million bucks. Later in day after Paulette got the plywood laid down my friend and a couple of other friends all went out to lunch together. The buffet was busy but once again no strange looks even by the teenagers that seemed to be every where.
    Last edited by Paulette; 03-21-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Paulette, that is so great! Love to hear success stories like this! And you even layed plywood while dressed, you go girl!

Platinum Member
    That was a very affirming experience and honestly, I'm very impressed with the way the cashier handled your revelation. It seems you're blending in, or passing, pretty well in a variety of settings.

Blending most definitely, I always try to dress for the activity I am doing in the manner as all of the other women doing the same types of things. I would never wear a dress when all of the GG's are wearing pants and shorts. After lying down the plywood floor in the shed, my friends and I went to the HomeTown buffet which is a family friendly Resturant. Once again no strange looks or comments, just a nice comfort food meal with friends. It is days like this that gives me the confidence to go where ever I like as a woman. Having and still suffering the pain of beard removal I approach dressing as an earned right. If I can pull up my big girl panties for electrolysis then watch out world this URL is going to enjoy life to the fullest. I once reached a pin from a girl that said "Life is not a dress rehearsal" I am now living center stage.

Platinum Member
    I certainly think you're entitled to get out there and live. As much as its great to be out in the big wide world, its even better that you're able to enjoy life as you choose to live it and spend so much quality time with your friends.

Paulette,

I knew when you started this story you had to be confident in your self..... you went to the hardware for God sake! Glad your day turned out so well.

Great story and it makes the byline under your name (girl underconstruction) all the more appropriate! Now I am quite interested to hear how 5 sheets of plywood helped build a girl....

Jenny, all you have to do is dress like all of the rest of the ladies and act like you own the place. You lay plywood one sheet at a time and when you are done you learn that your cleavage catches saw dust real well. Being able to live your real life dressed as you want is so much fun.
    Last edited by Paulette; 03-22-2012 at 03:34 PM.

I laughed long and hard about the cleavage catching dust comment! Paulette, I'm so happy you had this experience, you know you're rocking those clothes when you blend that well!
    Last edited by Jacqueline Winona; 03-22-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Thank you Janice for the kind comments. My dear friends Freddie and Julia (she is the one who sells wigs, does makeovers, facials, and electrolysis) are in the process of moving. Their new home needs a little TLC and this gives Paulette the chance to dress and do real world stuff at the same time. I have interacted with some of the female workers doing paint and other projects and they have all treated me as just another woman. I cannot wait until the weather gets warmer as they have a pool and I have a new bathing suit that needs to get wet. I also found some real cute bathing caps which will keep the GG's hair out of the pool and also save my wigs.

For Julia and Freddie? I would have helped load the truck had I known it was for them! Too many activities going on to help more, but let me know if there's anything they need done. I'm not that handy with home repairs, but I know some things, mostly on the landscaping end.