Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cried my eyes out!

As a youngster i was very sensitive i cried quite a bit and got a lot of flack about it .In my ooooolder years not so much although i do tear up some times at a sad movie or news story
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I have always been very compassionate and could never follow my parents' strict disciplinary words of "men don't cry". However, it seems that the older I get, the worse I have become. My daughter is as bad as me, and there has been movies where the two of us are beating the hell out of a Kleenex box when some emotional or sad part comes along. A very emotional time for me was when I told my daughter of my CDing. Yep, she cried too.

<sigh> I'm such a blubber-puss!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I'm not the least bit ashamed to say I cry. Not at every little thing, but if a situation strikes home with me for any reason. Then my eyes will at least get watery.I cry out of happiness sometimes too. No, it has nothing at all to do with however much I might feel my core values match those of a woman in some ways. I'm glad I can feel someone else's pain or sorrow and cry over it. I'm glad I care that deeply. Of course I'm real happy to cry out of love or joy even more. Some movies like "THE NOTEBOOK" can make me cry too. es, i do like some so called "chick Flicks" Yet I am all man to the world at large. My private time is for my fem side. But again. crying is not related at all.

That's a good point suzy. It's not just here.....it's everywhere. Time was you'd watch a documentary on TV about something horrifying like a battle in WWII and the old soldiers would clam up if they were too upset to continue. Now people talk and cry at the same time like it's an art form. You watch some talk shows now and it's....'sob, talk.....sob, talk' and half the time they're recalling the day their goldfish died. Phew.....got that out of my system.

I cry at certain parts of the movie "Dumbo." That's about it, though, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Honestly, it seems there's quite a few people here too caught up in how they were raised to "be a man." Personally, I do it here and there, sometimes at movies or other overtly emotional points in my life. It's natural and human to cry.

I cried when Old Yeller died.
    Loving girlfriend of BrandyGG

I can be moved to tears by certain pieces of music such as this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewknNW2b8Y sung by a homeless Korean boy,
    movies, beauty in nature.

It is rare for me to feel sorry for myself so it takes a life shattering event to bring me to tears from personal suffering, my tears seem to be for the shared and universal pain of just trying to survive with dignity and self respect.

People that know me as a guy and only a guy would think that I am not very emotional at all. People that know me well as a guy and only a guy would say that I am pretty emotional but I keep a lot bottled up. People that know me guy and girl know that I am very emotional period. I think I keep too much bottled up as a guy and every once and a while that will slip, but I tend to try to keep it private. When I get in girl mode I let a lot of my defenses down and more slips. Think if I was more often in fem it would settle down a bit but no telling for sure.

I also tend to get myself worked up when I see others being mistreated or people's general well being being dismissed by others. My mother (who doesn't know I CD) has a lot of stories from my childhood where I went overboard trying to look out for others and getting very upset about it while at the same time completely neglecting myself to the extreme in every possible way. She said it was heartwarming, but at the same time extremely frustrating with the levels I would take things. She said the levels I took carrying about others emotionally and through actions while completely neglecting myself to the opposite extreme was simply not normal.

I have also tend to fall into periods of depression several times a year for as long as I can remember. Went to therapists for it through all my teenage years without any real help or progress for it other than a bunch of meds that I suspect ended up doing more harm than good. At this point in my life I just kind of accept that it will happen from time to time and just have to push myself through it for however long it will last. But when it is going on it isn't unusual for me to break down crying and not be able to really tell you why. Or have little things get to me much more than they should.

I am not sure if all this makes me a drama queen. But it is who I am and who I have always been. And yes I can be moved to tears by music and movies .
    Last edited by rebekkadg; 03-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.

I cried when I was young if you took my toy.
    I cried in high school when the other guy wooed her away from me. She had my heart.
    I cried in college when she said yes. 32 years ago.
    I cried when Will Ferrel said "I brought you flours", in Stranger Than Fiction".
    I cried when I held my grandson and they told me he wears my name.
    I cried when I stood in the Elmina slave castle in Africa and felt the grief wrought by injustice.
    I cried for the pain and debilitation of cancer as it plays no favorites. My grandma, your mom.

I don't cry over spilled milk or perceived offense. Life is to short and precious for that.

Going back to the OP, hankies do not come in a box, only tissues. Not a drama queen at all. If there is any drama it probably comes out in not nice language, especially if directed at self. Oh, did cry when we euthanized our cat who used to sleep beside me with his paw on my hand, then there were a few Disney movies, and the other cats who had cancer, and the cat we found dead in a neighbors yard, and our parents....oh, heck...typing cancelled due to blurred vision.

I can get very emotional I cry a little a movies that my wife doesn't. I'm also a hugger. But I've always been this way. I'm not over the top but you could get me misty eyed really easy. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    Suzy- just to put it in perspective- you've posted 3200 times. That's a lot of communication, talk, support. Some folks her have been scared to talk or open up all their lives. So personally, i don't see any mystery in it. it's different that your outlook- no question, you are awesomely open and evolved for someone who goes against 95-99% of society, i'd take any advice you have with a serious ear. remember not everyone is so lucky or experienced as you... and remember that you are a leader- and people do look up to you for wisdom...

Just my 2 cents.

hugs, Kristi
    A leader? Pretty easy to be brave, talk and opine from the safety of a bedroom closet. Shouldn't a leader lead from the front of the pack instead of at the rear? How does one go against society 95-99% while hidden? As the OP stated, I too am not criticizing anyone here. I am just curious.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Only when I see cute little puppy dogs and kittens LOL!! Seriously though I do get emotional when I see the pain and suffering that is going on in this world for no reason other than to make someone powerful or rich. I wish I had millions of dollars to try to fix some that, but I don't. Sorry, I am getting emotional again, but I do mean it from my heart.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I think there is a certain amount of contrived crying, where it seems forced as an attempt to tap into a perceived forbidden emotion that is typically reserved for women. So if that, along with listening to Shania Twain's "Man I Feel Like A Woman" makes someone fulfilled, then who am I to argue?

But when the tears are real and not contrived in any way, shape or form, the honesty of such tears creates a moment of being that by definition cannot be manufactured. You know if you've ever been there, and I can say from personal experience that the feeling is priceless.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

i think some of us get more emotional here because its the only place we can.

I have been deeply moved by some of the posts here.
    Crying is a healthy pastime and you should not let it embarass yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Today I finally cried a bit after talking about my childhood in another thread. Big boys don't cry, so I guess I'm not one afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    i think some of us get more emotional here because its the only place we can.
    I think this is a good point--as far as TG matters go. It's for sure there's no other place I can get emotional about them. As for other matters, I have been known to get a bit emotional at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Today I finally cried a bit after talking about my childhood in another thread. Big boys don't cry, so I guess I'm not one afterall.
    And what about big girls, Marleena?

"Big girls don't cry,
    Big girls don't cry,
    Aye, yie, yie, they don't cry. . ."

There's nothing wrong with crying. It doesn't matter how big you are or what gender you are. If somebody else doesn't like it, too bad for them. Maybe they're repressing something themselves.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Not really too emotional, but I do tear up with a good chick flick. I don't think it has anything to do with girl mode or guy mode, I am the same both ways. In girl mode I may be a little less aggressive than I am when presenting as my boy self.
    I want to be this girl!

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    It's just your compassionate female side shinin' through. There's a lot of us out there, Marleena!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I enjoy crying... it is a release mechanism. It helps to resolve inner turmoil.

But it is not an excuse for avoidance or derogation.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

When deprived of physical affection for a period of time, I tend to become emotionally susceptible to outside events, and it doesn't take much to trigger the tears. I've come to know when it's happening; I've gone so far as to intentionally watch a movie or listen to music that will 'force' the tears, to get that 'out of the way' for a while when I know I have to be in public where I could be exposed to something that might make me cry.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.