Thread: Dressed and UPS delivery!!!!

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

Dressed and UPS delivery!!!!

How many of us have been dressed, you know full makeup and outfit and the doorbell rings. What do most of us do? run and hide, Well NOT TODAY!!!!

I had been waiting a couple days for my new phone to come in the mail and someone over 18 needed to sign to receive the package. I knew the chances of it coming would be pretty high. But I did not think about it as I was getting ready. So after a bit of thought I decided ENOUGH HIDING!!!
    I heard the truck stop in front of my house, LAST CHANCE, Nope I am a proud woman today and I WANT MY PHONE, So I Answered the door and he said Hello I have a package or something to that effect. I stepped forward in my silk blouse Skirt and my flats, reached for the electronic signature pad and he said mame you need the pen too as it is attached, that is when I realized I was shaking a bit. I said Oh yes in my best female voice (which I am pretty good at so I am told) I signed my name Keri and handed it back
    He said Thank you mame and left.
    Me with my new phone and a huge smile because this was a first.
    And nothing bad happened. Maybe next time I wont shake in my hands. That was not so bad at all.
    I even went out in the back yard knowing that my neighbors where home and can clearly see my pool. I was filling it up and atlast the pool is full. I just felt so natural and completely happy today as Keri.
    Only wish I could have stayed as Keri all day but sadly it was time to change before my children came home from school.
    Now to figure out how this 4G HTC Windows Phone operates. This could take me awhile.
    I just had to share that opening my front door for a stranger should not be scary anymore. YEAH!!!!!!!

Kisses Keri
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Just one of those days when ya just had enough ,, Happens to all of us . Welcome to the club ,,Just getts better from here ,,Before ya know it yull be out on the town an laughing at all the rest an be a true VET of ye ol lady club ,, Ohhh what a tuff bunch they are ,, Next thing when ya get there it will be exspensive clothes an shoes & Bags , An you wont even rememeber all of this . Put one HEEL in front of the other ,,An soon yull be walking down the road !! Hey ,,Theres a HOOKER !!! DOH !!!!!!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

That's great always good to hear a positive story and sounds like you had fun.

Platinum Member
    Good for you! Ive done exactly the same tot fedex, upset, the pest people, etc. A while back I decided to let it happen. It did and the world goes on just the same!

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I`ve ordered pizza a number of times and accepted delivery as Lori......and I always leave a BIG tip..........
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am waiting right now for Fed Ex who is late. But I am only jeans and cute top. When the door chimes(if it does, latelatelate)I will slip on my top siders to cover my turquoise toostie and take my forms off. Just a touch of make up and a hint of perfume...whatever
    Good for you Keri. A few minutes out of the closet equals hours in the mind. Thank you for your post.
    polythene pam

Thats a huge step me stop and just pray they go away. worst dressed when dad showed up.... mom knows dad no way

Good for you Keri girl! We got to be proud of you! Yesterday a country preacher man came to my door to invite me to his church! I'm glad I was wearing a dress not still in my nightie! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Keri that is awesome. You did it girl, good for you!!
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Gold Member
    There you go Keri! Life goes on and it is great when it can go on with us dressed if that is what we want. I think delivery people either don't care or they just are used to "unique" situations. At most of our Tri-Ess meetings, we order pizza. Not one delivery person has broken stride yet although I would have loved to be able to read their mind.

Today UPS. Next Week: Walmart. Keep it up!!!

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

The only part that I worry about is answering the door and having a neighbor come up the walk while I'm dealing with the UPS person... you can't really close the door. The UPS person, I don't care about, I probably won't see them again.
    Chickie

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I need to add that I have gone out in the past but I don't get out very often. I have been to a restaurant, a few times to a CD club and a couple stops at Walgreens. But the point I was trying to make was I did it at my home yes it was infront of strangers but I am trying to not worry about if the neighbors see me. Plus it was a rush of adreneline. Thanks for reading about my adventure.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Miriam
    It's good to give the UPS guy something to laugh about on the way back to the truck. I'm sure he's tired of all the scantily clad housewives, so it's a nice change of pace ;-)

Miriam

Keri,
    Hugs & best wishes. It sounds like a real uplifting experience. I have actually been called ma'am by a few UPS & others delivery men.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 03-21-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the new Samsung S3 to be released, so your method could be a novel way of adding to the excitement when it arrives . It must brighten an otherwise drab day for them....if you'll pardon the pun.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    I`ve ordered pizza a number of times and accepted delivery as Lori......and I always leave a BIG tip..........
    I'm gonna have to try that.

The UPS guys here just leave your package at the door and never wait. By the time I've gotten to the door they're gone. Or coming home from work, there's a box at the door. Usually Chadwick or just something light comes by mail and is in the mail box. But, speaking of UPS guys. When I was single, I'd order stuff from women's clothing stores, here they assign the same driver to the routes or area. He knew those thing were for me. He always looked at me funny. So what. Even when he passed by, our eyes would meet and we'd give each other the "stare down". I wanted to yell out whoa or watch where your going, but I was hoping he'd wreck. Since being married, and I moved, I never saw him again. I would like to ask him though who the other crossdressers in town where, lol.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Keri,

The neighbors are only wondering who that HOT CHICK is you are having the affair with! HAHAHA.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.