Thread: Stepping out

Stepping out

In the past year I have been stepping out to malls, restaurants and just window shopping along the streets wearing my femme clothes without a wig or makeup.

I have been basically presenting myself as a man in femminine attire.

I am surprized how few people take notice and those that do take a look and carry on as though everything is normal.

This experience has given me great confidence in going out in public. I decided to do it because I always felt self conscious when wearing a wig and makeup that I would be "discovered" so I decided to test it to the max and was pleasantly surprised.

Has anyone else had this experience?

cheers Gurls Roberta;

Aspiring Member
    I congratulate you on going out without the trimmings. I do it with one difference. I have long hair that can confuse people when they see me. On the other side of the coin, I have seen GG's with no hair or makeup out and about. Maybe I should address them as "sir".
    Diane Elizabeth

Platinum Member
    Not quite. I did go through a phase where I wore some women's items and make up along with some male attire-without a wig. I don't recall any particular reactions to my appearance, but at some point I decided if I was going to go 1/2 way, I might as well go the full 9 yards.

Thats the only way I go out in public. I've never had the desire to add the wig and try to pass. I like being seen as a girlie man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by girlieboy47 View Post
    In the past year I have been stepping out to malls, restaurants and just window shopping along the streets wearing my femme clothes without a wig or makeup.

I have been basically presenting myself as a man in femminine attire.

I am surprized how few people take notice and those that do take a look and carry on as though everything is normal.

This experience has given me great confidence in going out in public. I decided to do it because I always felt self conscious when wearing a wig and makeup that I would be "discovered" so I decided to test it to the max and was pleasantly surprised.

Has anyone else had this experience?

cheers Gurls Roberta;
    Hey, it works for Steven Tyler - why shouldn't it work for you as well? Does he merit a "free pass" to dress as flamboyantly as he does just because he happens to be a rock star?

Rumour has it that Steve also frequently borrows from daughter Liv Tyler's closet to put together some of his looks, and not only is he quite open about this - she apparently has no problem with it, either.

most people are blind they only half see anything and there minds fill in the other half.
    they only notice when your noticeable (drag queen ) comes to mind when i say that.
    on the other hand some of us liked to be noticed.

Not sure if you are saying you wore no makeup or wig, or are just not trying to pass, but eithe way, the preconcieved ideas of how others will react never matches reality. It is far easier to go out en femme than we believe. My expierences, often noted here, have always been positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't had the experience personally. However, I am definitely for what you are doing. What's wrong with presenting male and being in a dress? I am sure the first females that put on pants and a shirt got some flak for it. Continue the effort people! We can change the mind of society soon enough!!

Thanks for all the feedback and support.

I guess I always felt that I needed to hide under the makeup and wig and try to pass as a girl so as not to be found out and embarrased. It seemed so restrictive and I never could relax. Sometimes I just wanted to wear heeled sandals and a skirt and simple summer top without having to wear a bra, makeup and wig etc. when out in public. Now I am gaining much more confidence and freedom with each experience. Sometimes I like to fully dress up enfemme and sometimes not so complete and I am now gaining the confidence to do it. I guess you just have to push the fear aside and just go for it in order to be set free!

I go out frequently dressed but not wearing a wig or make up. I have not yet had any bad comments and have in fact been complemented on my style several times.