Thread: an welcome but unexpected compliment

Platinum Member

an welcome but unexpected compliment

I shop at the local Kroger grocery, en femme, at least once every week. By chance, the same young woman has been working as a cashier the past few times I've been there. We've gotten familiar enough to exchange pleasant conversation .

This week she surprised me in a very welcome manner. She observed I didn't have my reusable grocery bags this week, and I responded that I'd left them in our other car. She expressed some surprise that I owned two cars, and I casually responded that it was my wife's car. She paused for a moment, then quietly replied, I didn't realize that you were a man. She smiled then and said, "It doesn't matter to me, you're always so nice!

I couldn't have been happier. She really made my day!

that is awsome you go girl.

Aww, how nice!!
    Reine

Very SWEET! Makes for a perfect day every time! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

You will have to see if she treats you any different from now on, one of the things I like best about going out en femme is how different I am treated.

Kim,
    Very nice, most peolpe that I've meet when I'm out & about while I'm dressed enfemme are very nice.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Miriam
    I love the way you focus on the positive interactions, Kim. Thanks for the constant encouragement. You've helped me to see all this in a very different light through these updates.

Miriam

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post
    I love the way you focus on the positive interactions, Kim. Thanks for the constant encouragement. You've helped me to see all this in a very different light through these updates.

Miriam
    I was reluctant to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or holding my self up in some way. And I certainly realize that getting out isn't for everyone. But a good friend encouraged me to post this experience, so I did after some reflection.

For the record, my posts tend to focus on the positive, because these are the only ones I've experienced. Sure, there have been a few people who've cast a sideways glance in my direction, but never so much as a word of disapproval expressed. In contrast, the people that I really do interact with are always very friendly and receptive. That doesn't mean I'm passing...I take it to mean that I'm giving and receiving positive messages...verbal and otherwise.

Or maybe I've just been lucky.

funny... these days having a wife doesn't actually gaurantee that you are male.
    Chickie

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Being that she is a younger women I'm surprised she didn't say the lesbian angle.if you were a GG or full time she would just insulted you .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I think the cashier paid you a great compliment there Kim! Whatever you're doing is working, congrats! You also proved that by being yourself she had no issues with you being TG.

That's one of the best feelin's you can get. Relish in it and share I say. Then I suppose that after that compliment you floated all the way home..... LOL..

Renne.....

Great story, thanks for sharing. The good feeling will probably stick around for more than a day!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    So wonderful to read the stories where someone is just being themselves, and people react so favorably. Your honesty in your answer, given the implications must have made the cashier's brain race to sort out all the implications, and with all that going on she gave you the most honest answer possible. i can see her answer leading to further conversations in the future too, as you discuss whether you really are a man, etc.

Just keep on being so nice, and all will be well.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Being that she is a younger women I'm surprised she didn't say the lesbian angle.if you were a GG or full time she would just insulted you .
    Niya, that may have been where her mind went momentarily, but I suspect that she put 2+2 together. that the unusually tall lady with unusually big hands and maybe not the most femine voice has a wife....oh yeah!

Gold Member
    OMG, she said you're a guy! You can't go out anymore! Okay, kidding aside, that is great! I would guess that is a result of looks, presentation, and not walking around nervously and waiting to be outed. Just comfortable with yourself. Nice story!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I was reluctant to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or holding my self up in some way. And I certainly realize that getting out isn't for everyone. But a good friend encouraged me to post this experience, so I did after some reflection.
    This site should have both the good and the bad posted. We don't want to lose sight of the reality of what can go wrong, but we also want to know the good that is out there.