Quote from "The King's Speech"

This line has stuck since I saw the film in theaters, and I have recently been pondering its meaning in relation to our own place (my wife and I). She is fine with me dressing and nearly every evening I am wearing something found in the women's section, be it just a tank top or a dress and heels. This has been little of an issue concerning unexpected guests, because of where we lived. Last month however, we moved into a suburban neighborhood, very near several relatives, and they often come over unexpectedly. We don't mind the drop-ins, but I am leery of being caught one of these times. Has anyone had similar experiences and what was your solution?

I feel that it may be prudent to simply tell (at least) one of the couples, who live just a block away, and come over often. I don't dress inappropriately or anything, I just know they would be taken aback if I opened the door in my girly yoga pants and top, without letting them know about me first. Going back to the quote, is this one of those "My castle, my rules..." where its their problem for being offended if a) they don't know, but come over and see me dressed or b) I tell them and it bothers them?

Normally, I think that since I'm not going out in public (not yet anyway), they do not need to know about this part of my life. However, it is mildly annoying to wait until 7-8 pm before dressing up because it is finally late enough that people shouldn't come over. Any thoughts?