Thread: Silly...to fell guilty about changing your fem name ?

Silly...to fell guilty about changing your fem name ?

Yes !! but it is so silly...I call myself Jo-Anne because my mother said she was going to call me Jo-Anne if I had been born a girl......I have always liked " Heather " as a fem name, and my wife thinks Heather fits me ..I want to change it but feel guilty...Has anyone else had this feeling ?...

Platinum Member
    For much of my life, I wanted to change my given name, Kimberly, to something more masculine. I hesitated because the name was my mother's choice (what was she thinking...or what did she know?) Anyway, I've grown more accepting of that name as I've grown more accepting of myself.

but hey, its your choice. I think its great that you and your wife agree on Heather.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    If it brings better acceptance, then Heather it should be!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I think many of us have changed our names over time. I know I have. I decided on Cheryl (about my 5th name of my life) about 8 years ago and love it. I think it suits me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Nope, in fact I just changed my femme name for about the 6th time. I do it whenever I feel I've evolved as a person and the old one no longer fits me, basically I grew. Curious that the femm name I started out with was Heather.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    I don’t think it’s silly, I use my fem name a lot for various reasons and often think about changing it. But I’ve used it for so long now that I just couldn’t. Its part of me now and who I am. Its a bit like my male name. Sometimes I think I don’t like it but I’d never change it. But my brother is known by his middle name. You wouldn’t be the first person to change their name if you do decide to do so.
    But of course the choice is entirely yours.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I agree with Scarlet Rose......

You are now Heather JoAnne _______

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I would really like to change my name from Michelle to Lisa. I guess I always just thought of myself as a Lisa. A couple of years ago when I came out to my SO she started calling me Michelle as it is close to my given name and easier for her to remember. The problem with Michelle is it is also the name of my son's quasi wife and may be a little creepy. I have not come out to him yet (that's a whole other thread) and when I do I just think it would be harder due to the name. That being said changing it at this stage would be tough since most of everyone now knows me as Michelle.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heather Joanne is a very pretty name! I don't want to change my name because of my credit cards! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Heather Joanne is a very pretty name! I don't want to change my name because of my credit cards! Hugs!
    I didn't even think of that. Maybe I am just stuck with Michelle. After all I had no say in my given name either. LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been Katrina Maureen, ( one name ), Beyonce Welch, Marilyn, and finally Arlene. I think Arlene fits me the best. I've had that name for years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I initially chose Jessica, but after a year and a half, realized it didn't suit me. Amber fits perfectly.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

Funny that you bring this up.

I had chosen several names over the years such as the feminine version to my male name and others. I finally came back to Karen because that was the name my late mom was going to give me if I had been born a girl. I thought it was a good thing to do and it continued the link that I still feel for my mom even though she is long gone.

I think the name has to feel right, my mother would have named me Kimberly and it just feels right to me. I changed middle names a few times before Jean stuck. It is the same as my real middle name but I spell it the girl way.

I love the name muzzy cause it;s so much like my real name xoxo

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Nah, just go with it! I do think the idea of using a middle name works, though. So If I ever decide to just go with Winona you'll know why.

Most of us didn't get to choose our real name, so it was kind of nice being able to choose the one I use here. I found 'Lexi' to be cute; and I always wanted to be a cute girl. So it was pretty simple. But if I met someone and she wanted to call me something else, I'd gladly change it in a second. It's really not that important. I don't think of myself in third person. I just think of myself as 'me'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The first name I ever used was Janice. I instantly thought of a girl I admired for her beauty and grace back in Junior High. Later, after telling my then wife, the second person I ever told about my dressing, she came up with Bridget. I used that for the next 14 years. Then when I met my current SO, she liked the name Brandy in memory of a bottle of Brandy we shared the week we met in person. (met on=line). Honestly, I like that name better then the previous names. But if my SO wanted to change it, since I love her and her acceptance of me, I'd change it in heart beat. Even a simple request for a name change, she comes first.

If it makes you happy.... Go for it! Karren's been the name for over 50 years....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I simply changed my name from the male Glyn to the female Glynnis.Works for me.