Thread: Mistakes Were Made....(

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar

Mistakes Were Made....(

This is about a week and a half late, but I have been busy.

So me and my uni friends decided to go out for the night. Start with some drinks at a flat then head to a pub/club.

I sadly missed the call and turned up 2 hours later than everybody else, luckily I wasnt the last person to show haha. Anyway at about 8pm I pretty much down all my drinks, a bottle of raspberry sourz and about half a bottle of vodka. Anyway we started to head to the club called 520. On the way there we sort of break into 3 groups. 1 left his wallet at the flat so he and his mate went back. So that leaves 4 of us. One of the other guys goes off to the toilet. Now there is 3 of us. These are probly two of my best friends from uni. For some unknown reason I blurt out that I like to crossdress. All I can say is that something must have been wrong.

Anyway, I figure they wont remember. I sadly remembered the whole night. Turns out they both remember what I told them. I didn't even try to pass it off as being drunk or anything. I just straight up told them it was true. Just by sheer luck they are awesome and we are still friends.

So now thats now 5 people in total who know my "little dark secret". Lesson learned, be careful when drinking alcohol!

Hi SD!
    I enjoy a little vice and alcohol every now and again... and it does me the world of good. I try to be careful too though.
    It really is an awesome experience when friends remain friends, despite your fears that they might not like what you told them.

Closet-darkness can be tortuous indeed... but maybe you just need a little more time...
    In general, it might make the world of difference if you try to embrace your little secret in a more positive way...
    perhaps as your beautiful secret?

Take care,
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaby2 View Post
    Closet-darkness can be tortuous indeed... but maybe you just need a little more time...
    In general, it might make the world of difference if you try to embrace your little secret in a more positive way...
    perhaps as your beautiful secret?
    The reason I called it my "little dark secret" is because I am most likely a goth at heart, I just don't wear the makeup in guy form. I love all the gothicy dresses and such. I would love to come out more but for that I need to build up a bit more of a clothing collection, its mostly bedroom wear I have, alot of transparant clothing atm. Also my hobbies take up alot of my very little funds, maybe I will avoid spending anymore on it to build up my wardrobe a bit. That and maybe buy some makeup, its one thing I havnt done a thing about but I am curious to try.

Hi SD glad that you being so honest with your mates went so well. Although true. friends accept you as you are, so great news. I love those goth style dresses, the make up should be fun too!

Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the feedback, SD. I'm sure you'll be fine. Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

I'm happy it went so well for you! ALCOHOL! One more and I can make you put that lampshade on your head! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I'm happy it went so well for you! ALCOHOL! One more and I can make you put that lampshade on your head! Hugs!
    You would think so but I usually know my limit. I did drink a bit much too quickly that night tho. It was still a good night after you look past the last hour or so.

Drinking and socialize with friends is awesome and the experiences we get when drinking fast might be never-ending . If you drank enough so that you could keep having good conversations and not act bad, then I think it´s been done in the right way. All should have the right to feel that whatever mess you make you can fix the next day. Cool you took the opportunity to use this to share that dark groovy secret of yours.

It´s nice reading that others here love Goth inspired fashion, think it´s mind blowing and love that too. Consider myself more of a metal head thou.
    Last edited by Erina; 03-25-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: OMG, forgot smiley