Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was just leaving work when someone shouted "Tranny"

Let's move on Emma Leigh, and Melissa. You've both had your say. It's turning into a squabble and squabbled threads get locked.

Thanks.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    It appears that the UK disagrees Melissa?
    ...and I'll concede.

I still think I'd rather be beaten up (wouldn't be the first time) than remain quiet, but I suppose that I'm in the minority on that. It's quite possible that my poor psyche may have been indelibly scarred by one too many bullies.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Lori B
    i was just wondering if that was a 350 turbohydramatic or an old powerglide tranny?????

"If I was like the picture in my avatar, I think it would have been safe to assume he was definetely refering to me dont you think?"

No, I don't think that.
    I wasn't sure.
    It's a nice avatar.

And sometimes CD's see themselves in a way others don't.
    So if you had looked like your avatar, I was just gently trying to suggest maybe your secret was out and you shouldn't worry about it.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

FWIW --- my response based on your OP and avatar was that you were living as a woman without any trouble passing!!!

not buttering you up!...that's why i responded with surprise to Melissa when she expressed her frustration..

A response could have been “Ya…and? So what? So what if she is a tranny, that impacts you how?” Wait for a logical response, that they will not be able to provide, shake your head in disgust and refuse to be part of the ridicule.

Years ago when I worked in a very, very redneck factory we had a TS truck driver make a delivery. Wouldn't you know it? She was harrassed by about 8 or 9 guys who didn't have anything else to do at the time. I went over and told those guys to shut up and mind their own business. They asked me if I was a %$&^@* transvestite too so I lied to them and said no and went back to work. To this day I wish I could've been a bit bolder and done more. Awhile later the company hired a completely transitioned TS. She needed a job. She went through hell while she worked there. She even got grief from HR and management. Gotta give her credit because she faced everything with dignity and poise. I was always cautious about saying anything to defend her. Even our female employees didn't like her much. As I recall there were'nt many workers that didn't have something negative to say about her.

People are so dumb...you have to forgive them. I have very low expectations for people generally, so I'm rarely disappointed. It just makes it so much better when you meet someone that can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. I would let this roll off my shoulders. It took you by surprise. Looking back on it, you might have acted differently. This thought process usually prepares you for when/if it happens again. I always think about what I could have done/should have done in a situation, and I feel helpless about it until I am more prepared to confront a similar situation. And, it probably will happen since gender issues are being pushed to the spotlight. Some people go about it in a sense that they are like "I am a tranny too." I understand WHY people do this, but it concerns me sometimes. Ryan (my SO) was talking about going to a bar the other night and two lesbians were dancing together. One girl looked exactly like a guy, except she had "dyke" written on her shirt. I f*cking hate that word. But, what just really grinds me is that this person was saying she was a lesbian, but people associate her attire with her sexuality as well. (For the record, the other lesbian was dressed like most other women would dress). I'd like to think I would be just as likely to talk to the woman that called herself "dyke" just as I would confront anyone that yelled it at her. But, then you are called a "lipstick dyke," so you never actually when.

In all honesty, hope is probably lost with people that are yelling out names at old people on the street. Hope is lost on most stupid people. I'm probably wasting my breath when I go off on people/educate people, and you probably are too. You DO feel like you have accomplished something, and perhaps you have inconvenienced that person enough that they will think twice about saying it again. But, don't expect some spiritual revelation with these people. They are yelling things and acting like douches for a reason. (Because, they too were "born that way" and can't help they are so damn dumb). I feel much better about life now that I lowered my expectations of people. I usually respond to stupidity with, "Hmmm...yes, that's nice." People seem to get really angry when you respond to their outbursts and intolerance with apathy. They are yelling things and being obnoxious...so, sometimes, your anger towards them fuels the fire. Complete apathy and a sympathetic look on your face that reads "Wow, it must be very hard to be you...to be such a dumbf*ck" is the best response that I have found.

Sorry if this post is negative and lacks hope for humanity.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Emma Leigh,

I would have stayed quiet in your situation, and I too live across the pond in Canada. We're generally very tolerant here, but there is the odd bozo that would kill us and leave us for dead. There is a thread in the Media section about one of us who was murdered in Winnipeg a week ago.

I think it is best to choose battles very carefully. If the group decided to get violent, I would secretively call the police emergency number and watch to collect evidence that may assist in the prosecution of charges. I say secretively because I don't want to be a target, but I'm probably a little on the paranoid side of this sort of thing.