Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving

Driving

It had not really occurred to me until the other night, but how do you all drive somewhere in skirt and heels?

I'm used to driving with my legs spread eagle in standard guy mode and not wearing shoes that put my feet and legs at disconcerting angles. Going out en femme to drive around a bit was a different challenge I had not thought about clearly....

So, how do you handle this?

We're probably not as tall as you are?

ride public transportation lol! just kidding it akes practice.

I have driven in heels, clogs, and sandels with no problem. Pencil skirts do not get caught in doors but full skirts and flare skirts do so you have to be careful with them, as well as long coats.
    joank
    Southern California

I actually drive with my legs apart no mater what.... unless I'm wearing a tight skirt. I have noticed I drive better and slower enfemme. Not that I'm scared of getting pulled over... But the longer the trip... The longer I can stay enfemme!! Love those solo 6 hour business trips!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Also, remember that entering and leaving the car is definitely different. To enter, in a skirt, back in and pivot the legs together underneath the wheel. To exit, pivot the legs out and then stand. Practice.

I reckon I drive the same in either mode. I've never had a problem with heels, not even with a standard transmission/clutch. Seemed quite easy.

I can't drive with flip-flops on, however.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    I only wear dresses-no pants. I get into a car by first gathering the skirt of my dress to my thighs and then sitting rump in first. Then I swing legs in and smooth the skirt of my dress. I am a little hesitant wearing really high heels, so I try to stay with a pair of low heels without a spike. There is some fear of getting the narrow heel stuck in the carpet near the pedals. If my dress hits above the knee while standing, it will generally ride up so the cool air caresses my legs. I love it!

Fortunately my height is equally distributed over my legs and torso. With the seat all the way back, I have no problem driving with a weird angle to my legs. I could imagine a person with long legs and a short torso being forced to have the seat forward causing the legs to be forced into an uncomfortable angel.

Platinum Member
    I sit properly like the lady I am,

I make sure that my short skirt or dress doesn't creep too far up while driving. It makes me uncomfortable when the passengers in the bus next to me on the highway are looking down at me while driving on the New Jersey Turnpike.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I have been driving tractor-trailer for 28 years... I have seen things that simply were NOT meant to be seen in the left lane! and I am talking guys, girls, taco salad, a mail man VERY excited over a magazine, MILF that could not make it home to get started….
    Interstate, turn pikes, I-80, city streets, parking lots….. OMG I could tell you some tales!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Funny, I never thought it was a problem. I just slide into the seat, keep my knees somewhat together and go.
    As for the heels...the only problem I can see is that eventually the heel will dig a hole in the carpet so you had best have a nice mat on the floor.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I thought that it would be a problem and I even brought along flats the first few times I went out in heels. I never ended up using them. Strappy sandals, pumps, and even platform wedges don't seem to be much of a problem, even with a stick. They feel a bit different at first, but as long as you are careful you will be fine.

One last thing: Just because you are in the car doesn't mean that your skirt is in the car. Check before closing that door!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

So some of you don't bother to keep your legs together as if sitting at a chair? Maybe I was trying to hard and it seemed overly difficult to me.

When driving en femme, I usually drive the same way I sit, with my legs close together, unless I'm driving something with a clutch, then the legs have to come apart when I shift gears. However there are many GGs (and I've seen them from truck cabs) who drive with their legs wide open whether they're wearing a dress, skirt, or jeans, so I guess whether it's GGs or TGs, the choice is comfort or modesty.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I make sure that my short skirt or dress doesn't creep too far up while driving. It makes me uncomfortable when the passengers in the bus next to me on the highway are looking down at me while driving on the New Jersey Turnpike.
    was that you?!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm with Karren on this one./ Love driving dressed, do drive with more caution, but am not afraid of being pulled over. Legs are usually apart and the only hard part is getting out of the car in heels till I re-establish balance.

Driving in heels is no problem. The only problem is the floor mat can mess up the back of your heels.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I love driving in a skirt! Have been dong so off and on since I was sixteen! It still excites me! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gold Member
    I Agree with Beth,
    When I am in the Peter Built, You definitely notice the Left Lane.
    And one thing I have noticed is that very few Females drive with their
    legs together; at least in the Midwest.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Also, remember that entering and leaving the car is definitely different. To enter, in a skirt, back in and pivot the legs together underneath the wheel. To exit, pivot the legs out and then stand. Practice.
    I do it this way also ,as I thought that it was the proper way to enter a car while wearing a skirt.
    but I very seldom see GGs using this method

Would any GGs care to comment

Banned Read only
    It is not at all difficult, manual or automatic. It's the same with the minor difference being your heel is less stable than with men's shoes. A skirt or dress will not impede you at all.

The challenge I have when the heels are on is cruise control. It just doesn't seem easy to move my foot away from the pedal.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Even driving a manual trans I am not spread eagle. My legs aren't touching at the knees but they are not wide open either. The only problem I have run into is when double clutching, some of my "nicer" heels have slipped off the pedal mid shift.

Practice practice practice. If you are stopped by the cops- immediately explain you are crossdressing- let them know why what they see is not 'clicking'- also make sure you tell them you are telling them because you understand that this is a probably unique situation for them- and that you are not intending to mislead them in any way, although our general focus is in fact to represent our gender as to what we mentally feel we are- the law enforcement officer will be very likely to work with you-- tell them the truth right off the bat-- they really appreciate this-

Wearing a skirt suit and 3" heeled boots- zipping along on backroads (in Illinois they are usually quite straight and flat) at anywhere between 100-130, quite fun, and darned if it does not focus your attention! just remember- every 10 mph increase- you double your likelihood of an accident-- and there is never any excuse for endangering others-

Anyone can say they drive fast- but when your car is 'ticking' off heat at the occasional stoplight... well, you know where that comes from.

so much easier to speed in a cessna- though not as much room to 'adjust'.