Thread: Sizing disaster

Sizing disaster

Well, . . .maybe disaster is too strong a word. I got a pink blouse and denim skirt from ebay, both size 12. The blouse was a bit tight but not bad, and the skirt was way too damn big. I wear a 32 waist in pants, but my wais is probably closer to 30. Without my belt the thing just slides right off my skinny behind. Would a size 10 have been better? Is size 8 too small? I know size varries with manufacturer, but give me a roundabout answer. Help a newbie out!

On a side note, I haven't logged on or posted in quite a while, and was in fact debating whether I even wanted to do this. This afternoon though, ill-fitting as my first fem clothes were, I decided this is kinda fun.

Thanks gals. I hope to post more soon.

Most of my pants have a 30-31" waist and I've found that size 10
    skirts and dresses usually fit me best.

But, like everything else, there are exceptions...

Rachel Jean

Same here. I wear between a 30 and a 32 waist, and I'm a size 10 almost all the time.

I learned that (genetic) males and females have different proportions. What that means is if a girl wears a medium she can usually wear tops and bottoms sized medium but if a guy wears a medium, his upper body is normally one size up

So for a non GG it's good to start with something like a large top and medium bottoms (or just follow that pattern if you have an average male build). So just try and see what size is right for you, it's normal to have different top and bottom sizes. I have a 29" waist and I fit fine in a size 7/8 (U.S.) 10 is actually kind of loose on me so I'd say you should try an 8

i try to stay between a size 10 and 12

Quote Originally Posted by robinLynn
    i try to stay between a size 10 and 12
    Didn't you just say in another thread that you needed to lose 50 pounds?

started this years ago but my current wife accepts it so i go with it.....to CD all the time i need to lose 50 lbs. currently im too big to be a lady
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    Didn't you just say in another thread that you needed to lose 50 pounds?
    Maybe she forgot maybe she's got 'skirt twat' syndrome self
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Removed!
    This is what I do to figure out sizes:

Iused a seamstress mesuring tape and got all my mesurements ddown on paper and made kindof a cheatsheet.

I mapped out the areas on my arms where things need to be and the casually hold my arm of the item in question. this has worked great for me. Hope it helps.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    im a mans 38 inch waist and i wear a 12/14 in womens skirts

and a large in blouses

heck if its too big i just take it back to the store solves that problem different brands and styles of cloths will fit differently being too big or too small depending on what brand or style you buy I am a size 36 mens waist I think since I lost wait all my size 38 and 40 pants fall off my behind lol so I also have to buy new male pants too as well as dresses and skirts lol. my chest size is across the nipples is 40, waist is 36, I am 5'7 and i have no clue to what I weigh now I have no scale lol but I fit a size 11w shoe/boot. I usually get a size 12 to 14 skirt or dress depending on the make and style. The tops i go for a large or xlarge it also depends on the make/style

With skirts and trousers I have found that you have to consider the cut, some are cut to be worn at the waist therfore if you have a 34" waist you would need to get a UK16(US18) on the other hand some are cut to be worn on the hips if thats the case as there is normaly a 8-10" diference between a GG's waist and hips you would have to go 2-3 sizes smaller to fit male hips without padding. I had the same problem with a pair of low rise size 16 jeans I bought and had to exchange them for a size 12. well we live and learn!
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

Thanks ladies! Back to ebay I guess.

I'm 6'2" and 153 lbs. At times it's hard enough for me to find male clothes that fit! I don't think I'll ever fit into a dress quite right.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Dresses for me are almost impossible. I have broad shoulders ( ) and any dress that accommodates my shoulders feels like a tent around my waist.

Shouldn't complain about skirts and cute tops

Lynne

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Hi Tara,

Sounds as tho you have dress troubles like me... height wise.
    Your body shape sounds good, slim and tall, but with that height I hope that your legs are fine too.
    Long legs, short skirts. Even skirts a couple of inches above the knee will look good on you, especially if they are not loose and flappy.
    Is your waist in keeping with your weight ?
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea's Lynne
    Dresses for me are almost impossible. I have broad shoulders ( ) and any dress that accommodates my shoulders feels like a tent around my waist.
    You might try a dress that's got some stretch to it. I find that with non-stretch fabrics I have to go up a size to accomodate my shoulders, but with stretchy fabrics I can get away with my regular size.

Or a sleeveless dress (assuming your arms are shaved). We CDs tend to be very self-conscious about our arms, but if you look around there are a lot of thick-armed GGs, especially among plus-sized GGs. Of course if you've got buffed biceps that won't look exactly feminine, but with a more formal dress you could try a shawl or shrug, which can help disguise one's shoulders and upper arms.

And of course another solution is to get the dress tailored. There's a couple dresses and tops I've got that would benefit from that. I admit I'm a bit shy about doing it, but with TGSG Cotillion coming up I might just take the bull by the horns and just call around (or put an ad on Craig's List) until I find a tailor who's comfortable working with CDs. After all our money is as good as anyone else's.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha
    Hi Tara,

Sounds as tho you have dress troubles like me... height wise.
    Your body shape sounds good, slim and tall, but with that height I hope that your legs are fine too.
    Long legs, short skirts. Even skirts a couple of inches above the knee will look good on you, especially if they are not loose and flappy.
    Is your waist in keeping with your weight ?

"Is your waist in keeping with your weight ?" Not quite sure I follow you.

As for my legs,...I did a fair amount of bicycle riding in the past and I think my legs (and behind) have benefitted a good deal. I need to get riding again really. I'd probably benefit more than I realize.

I'm pricing another skirt and I have a digital camera borrowed this week. Can a picture post be far behind? We'll see.

P.S. In real life I almost always use my middle "B" name with friends, family, and coworkers. My first "T" name is on all my bank, credit card statements, etc. and always seemed more formal to me. Long story short, please call me Beth!
    Last edited by Tara Beth; 11-05-2005 at 10:44 PM.