Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I shaved my legs... Heresy!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I shaved my legs a few days ago and... it was a non-event. Birds did not start singing, I did not feel magically refreshed, and no, wearing stockings did not suddenly feel 10x better. I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic?
    Nope. In fact it puts you much closer to the GGs that we CDers revere so much. When was the last time you heard a GG talking about how great it was to shave her legs? They view it as a chore that has to be done, not as a sensual experience.

Familiarity breeds contempt and a task that many of us found exotic and sensual quickly becomes boring when repeated over and over. Like GGs, we stick with it because the results look good.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I found that shaving actually took away from some of the sensation of a skirt or dress brushing against my skin. All I do now is use a hair clipper to shorten the hair over my entire body. Still looks decent but gives the sensation I love.

If shaving is that underwhelming, it's time for you to step up to the big girl's table and epilate.
    Silk and Steel

I shaved my legs yesterday for the first time and my girlfriend thinks that I'm hot to trot..gotta love that girl xoxo

I've not ever shaved my legs...but I cannot wait for the opportunity to try it!
    *StacyP*

The first time I shaved my legs was a thrill, one of those "no going back" moments, and it made wearing hose feel so much smoother and natural fo me. I often try to use Nair, but that seems to get messy, so I often just use razors. I nick myself periodically,but getting better with each time.

I've been moisturizing ever since I shaved, and I'll admit it is pleasant to know my legs are smooth, even my drab clothes feel a little different. However, I'm still waiting for that moment of ecstasy. I'm planning on shaving again and wearing sheer stockings at the Keystone conference this Saturday. We'll see if I fee differently after that.

Quote Originally Posted by KaTanya View Post
    If shaving is that underwhelming, it's time for you to step up to the big girl's table and epilate.
    Oh, yeah sure. Of course ripping the hairs out one by one is sure to give me that magical feeling I missed. What are you, some kind of masochist?

Some body told me you only shave your legs to remove hair?
    I don't have any on my legs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

well golly jamie, maybe it could be that the skin on your legs is not that sensitive. but I know that the feeling of sheer stockings on my baby smooth legs is electric! of course now you face the worse part, the itchy stubble of growing back! I don't shave anymore though, too much work. I like Veet.
    the higher the heels, the closer to heaven.

I would suggest a possible neuropathy? I think it might be nerve damage on the skin of your legs.

It would also help if your not wearing woolen stockings! Warm weather is already here in at least parts of The Country, maybe it's time to wash them out, and put them away for another season.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Banned Read only
    And to those still concerned about beng seen with shaved legs. I am presently in Hawaii. Shorts nirvana. At the pool, of the approxImately 100+ males I have seen, I alone have shaved legs. No one has even hinted at recognition. It just doesn't matter! Before you shave, just ask your wife or at least discuss it. It seems to matter to them.

I've had smooth legs for a year or better. I must say my first experience wasn't as "cosmic" as some, but there is no doubt that mentally, or maybe emotionally, it was very moving. As someone has already said: "it was a no going back moment" in my movement down the crossdressing path. I do love the look and I don't have to wory about trying to somehow hide the icky man hair on my legs. The feel of moisturizing after I've eplilated, however, IS over the top! My legs feel smooth as glass, and I can just feel my skin sucking up the moisture: it tingles! Does it start to fall into the "it's a chore" catigory? Sure. But then I just start to think about how good the mosturizing feels, and how good my legs look, and about how much harder it will be if I let it go too long, and I'm right there with the epilator. And epilating is much superior to shaving: shave once a day, or epilate once every ten - twelve days? Stubble or no stubble? Cuts and nicks or a little stinging (and it is just a little! - for me at least...)?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I feel pretty darn good when I shave, I feel even better if I get waxed which I have only had the opportunity to do once. My SO shakes her head at me if she sees me totally shaved so I haven't done it for a bit. Hey summer is almost here, maybe now its time to get waxed! Yee ha!

i love my legs shaved, my wife isnt that keen on it though,she likes hair :-( .it gets a bit nervy going to the pool and during hospital visits with them shaved too.
    ill prob shave them again soon anyway :-) .

I rarely wear department store hose but when I do, the sensation on the legs is numb compared to the feeling I get from wearing fine RHT hose I am accustomed to wearing. Yes they cost more and require more caution when putting on so as not to cause a run, but the feeling on the legs is incredible. Spoil yourself with a pair of fine hose and maybe you will discover the difference, then again, maybe you won't, and remember, the more you do anything, the less sensation you will get over time whether it be the feeling from clothing or the breath-taking scenery of your home town when you first saw it.

I would say the level of increase sensation depends greatly on how much hair you have....I am covered in a light fur when I don't shave...it is difficult to see the skin on my legs through the forest...as I usually am an Autumn-Spring saver, by the time I shave again in October the feeling will be new and shiny again...just like my stockings.
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

I know what you mean. When my legs are shaved, I love it.

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    I shave so that I am not a gorilla.

It gives me no thrill, it is indeed a chore. It's no different (to me) than brushing teeth, washing hair, trimming finger nails.

I do it only because most girls don't have hairy legs if they expect to look reasonable.

Banned Read only
    for me it was a better experience. I loved how nylons felt on my smoth legs, i loved the cool bed sheets against my skin, I loved the breeze on my skin and not the tickle of hair moving, i love feeling another pair of smooth legs against mine especially after a great shave or epil. i'll never go back to leg hair but after almost 10 years of epil hair removal it may look worse. smooth all the way!

We are all different but personally the feel of a skirt or dress or satin sheets on freshly "deforested" legs is amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think one of my best moments is looking at my shaved legs after putting a sexy lingeries afterwords ...try it and then look ...exposing your legs after a shave by wearing a string with a babydoll or a very short skirt ...you feel you want to show your lover how beautiful you are ....try it

It seems to come down to a matter of expectation. When I first did it - in the late 1970's, there was no internet to give me any idea of what to expect. I just did it, enjoyed the difference, but didn't notice the earth tilting on its axis. It is more comfortable, especially with the dance tights I prefer to wear as much as possible. But what is more important is whether Jamie is happy with the outcome...able to express one more bit of her feminine side with more internal satisfaction than anything else. And I hope that is what happens. And your dance attire, even in the male mode you attend classes in with thicker tights as worn by male dancers will feel better...
    Karen Francis

Layin' low, sort of.
    I have shaved my legs a few times but have avoided doing so after being caught by my older brother at home with my legs shaved last week. In public, no one notices it unless I wear long pants. I do understand how much of a chore it is, at least in my case. With long legs and a barely flexible body, it's too easy to miss a spot or two and accidentally cut myself.

I just shaved my legs today lol. I didnt have some big sensual rush or anything. But because I have rather hairy legs that were now smooth I felt more feminine.

I have been shaving my leg and armpits for a number of years. I still have a mental issue with wearing shorts with shaved legs [boy mode]. I don't think anybody notices or cares but each summer I let my lower legs and pits grow out. [I know it's just in my head] Come October 1st it all comes off again until spring.