Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Silver Member
    Haven't really thought about it. I guess I think of the writers as their true sex since they are writing about their experiences as M to F crossdressers. Maybe it is because I've never thought of myself as a woman, but as someone with a fem lifestyle. I like being male and enjoy the looks, style, and clothes of women.

I hate TV...that's why I'm here. The only programs I watch are Mythbusters, NCSI, and CSI, and some news.
    You folks are infinitely way more entertaining. Sure, I often dress in the clothes of not the gender I was born with, I'm not a fan of male clothes, they're boring and shapeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Yes I do...until I look at comments in the gallery, such as "omg you're hot" "you're so sexy" etc, then I see men posting, females just don't say things like that to each other.

Also don't forget the trans men, with them I see men when they are here on the site.
    Come on SUGAR BABY ,,, Dont do me like that ,,, I think your hot & sexy too ,, Just becuz I like to dress like a lady dont meen I dont love the lady looks ,,Thats the reason Im like I am ,,,Dont want to look at no smelly ol stinky he man ,, The ladys are so pretty an smell good an look good ,,Ladys are all good an I love em everyone . So whan ya HOT ya HOT ,,, Call em like I see em ,,, Just a wanna be ,,,, SUPA STAR !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Gold Member
    I believe I picture each person here based on the way they write. I don't come in with any preconceived notions, so the person's feelings and writing style dictates which way my mind is taken. Some of it may be fairly neutral, but the main point is it isn't about gender, but the way everyone carries themselves.

When I log into this site I log in as female. If I am thinking otherwise, I don't even think about this site. Then again I am dressing in some way 24/7 and only come here when I have time.

I see crossdressers as crossdressers. I see transgender people as transgender. People tend to like to be called as the gender they are going as, for the moment, so that's the most respectful thing to do. Focusing on that "the person posting is actually a man" doesn't serve any purpose. I don't get it.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    For the most part, yes, because the overwhelming majority of us here want to express our girly side. But I see Sophie's point clearly and think she says it best.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentpartner GG SO View Post
    Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?
    When I see a post that starts out "Hey Girls..", I see that it is not for me because I am not a girl, and therefore do not want to be called a girl. I am just an overweight, balding man with facial hair, and it is not really appropriate, even with a stretched imagination, to address me as a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    When I see a post that starts out "Hey Girls..", I see that it is not for me because I am not a girl, and therefore do not want to be called a girl. I am just an overweight, balding man with facial hair, and it is not really appropriate, even with a stretched imagination, to address me as a girl
    Yet the name you have chosen for yourself here is Ellyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Well said, Stephnie!
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Of course you are all ladies. You presnet yoursleves as such and this lady is pleased to accept you as such

i dont see the CD's As girls... the girls wither preop or post op are girls. and the boys either post or preop are boys... personally to me the CD's are way to fake for me. because to them its a game where they get to play dressup... some of us on here are far beyond a game of dress up or sexual fun.. we live our lives as who we feel we should be and some of us see a fetishist CD who dresses for their own pleasure as a slap in our face and take great offence to their opinion that has no basis in reality...

Quote Originally Posted by nikkijo View Post
    i dont see the CD's As girls... the girls wither preop or post op are girls. and the boys either post or preop are boys... personally to me the CD's are way to fake for me. because to them its a game where they get to play dressup... some of us on here are far beyond a game of dress up or sexual fun.. we live our lives as who we feel we should be and some of us see a fetishist CD who dresses for their own pleasure as a slap in our face and take great offence to their opinion that has no basis in reality...
    Yeah we actually see this attitude quite often from some of the TS ladies and its not good. There are quite a few nice looking CD ladies on this board out in the mainstream working for the cause. Nice attitude there..
    Last edited by Marleena; 04-10-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Silver Member
    There are some people here who even though they identify as male that like to corssdress I can't help to think of them as female and there are others that no matter how they are identifying I am always thinking he or him when I read their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkijo View Post
    I believe this a 'Crossdressers.com' forum, or am I missing something?

To answer the OP's question, I caught myself the other day referring to some of the members here as girls in my mind and that is how I want to be referred to as. I am new here so I may be missing something, 90% of the time this forum is awesome and very accepting, the other 10% I am stunned by the level of intolerance.

Great thread topic. When reading and posting here I normally think of the writer as to how they identify and present themselves. If they have a feminine name or avatar or pic it is easier for me to feel that way. I also accept people for who they are or say they are and then let their words and actions prove my initial acceptance was either correct or incorrect. Now, when a limited few of our MtF members here write their wonderful prose, I can clearly see the male shining through the professed female persona, that goes for CD's all the way to post op TS's. Some traits are just very hard to change, even for me sometimes. Yes, I have seen the GG's who are dominant and almost masculine, and all the rest of the spectrum to fully overly femme in presentation , writing, speaking and general personality. It normally doesn't bother me unless I start to feel from their writings the non-support, overly critical to the point of rudeness, better than thou attitude, or that typical male trait of always being right knowing everything about everything and getting in the last word. Fortunately and unfortunately, we have a pretty good representation of all walks of life here from conservative to liberal, redneck to sophisticated, prejudiced to accepting, and everything else. Unfortunately, because some of the more negative characters are detrimental to the general purpose of this site as a safe haven providing support to all. Fortunately, because it is good experience for newbies and probably all the rest of us to be able to see and experience some of the less favorable aspects of the real world from the safe and anonymous area this closed site.

I like my approach of accepting and believing all because hopefully it helps me to be non-judgmental until experience with a specific member necessitates my personal judgment, which fortunately is not too often. I like the concept of support and going and playing along with our characters that we present here. It makes it more rewarding for all if not taken too seriously and in too much detail.

As I was abused in various ways by males through my early life, I have an inherent distrust of guys in general. But the thing about this forum is, I know I share something with everyone here, and even when someone disagrees with me, it's never turned nasty. And that's a very nice change in my life. It's sometimes hard to find nice people.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

a bit nutty
    Girl? Boy? I dunno. Like others have said, I often think of everyone here as female. However some of the comments (mine included) are distinctly male. I remember a post on "emotions" and or "crying". The responses were all over the board.

As for if dressing makes me post differently or more feminine, uh..no. I'm just as nutty and confused in drab as I am dressed. I write pretty much how I talk, from the hip, dude-like, and a little naive. OK, alot naive.

ginger

If you have a female avatar, are dressed as a female in your avatar, and/or have a female user name, I will use feminine pronouns with you. If you have a male avatar, are dressed like a man, and/or have a male username, I refer to you with masculine pronouns. I've met people that didn't like this on the forum (me using feminine pronouns). Usually, the person is nice about it. But, I've run into a few that write me a Bible on how I can't assume their gender association based on their name and looks. (Because, that makes total sense, right?) I think the aggressive people are generally confused, so hopefully writing it all out helped them cope in some way.

As to people I feel are "women"...Melissa and I have butted heads like some of my best girlfriends. I think the transsexual women act like women, and so I see them as women.

But, a lot of members on this site don't really act like women...at least in the way I'm used to acting with women and my own gender. We generally don't scan each others pictures and say how hot we are, or talk about our panties, or even talk about clothes a whole lot. I'm also bi...I haven't really seen it going on in the whole "community" either. It seems like a CD thing, which isn't bad...it just reminds me that I'm talking to CDs. And, a lot of the combos about makeup and clothes are fun to have. But, I'd never really be comfortable describing the color of panties I'm currently wearing, or commenting on pictures with "you look so sexy, etc." But, the people that want to do that...that's their prerogative lol.

I only get a little mad when people tell me how I am supposed to feel as a woman. Or, start bashing on GGs. In those cases, I feel almost exactly how I feel at bars with scuzzy old men acting like I'm meat...or, like my vajay makes me too unworthy/stupid to know the difference. (Men also expect a lot of patience out of me...I guess, they were misinformed...patience is not always a feminine trait). I have a few Condescending Wonka memes in mind that I could use for the occasions though like "Oh, so you wear women's clothes...tell me more about what it means to be a woman." So, yeah, in those cases, I'm painfully aware I'm talking to a man.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

That's interesting actually, since we're born with male priviledge there are some things we just never see until someone points it out.

Even from a quick scan of the postings I can see that there's a lot going on here - which I guess reflects the many different reasons for being here, for dressing, for transitioning, for staying in the closet - for whatever. Curiously, just yesterday I had thought about slipping my male name quietly into a posting but after further thought I realized that here I was Ellen, here I want to be Ellen - which also I guess is my own answer to the question. While I"m here, I'm Ellen - and I consider that I'm interacting with other women - which I realize doesn't fully reflect all the time their reasons for being here or the possibility that they dont' think about it the same way. I already know that, as noted, there are as many different attitudes about what we do and as many different goals or different places we want to be at as there are people in this community. If some one wishes to be thought of differently, I'm open to being corrected - but short of that I'll continue to consider everyone here a girl, or a woman based upon how they appear to be presenting themselves.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    As to people I feel are "women"...Melissa and I have butted heads like some of my best girlfriends. I think the transsexual women act like women, and so I see them as women.
    It's almost like I WANT to argue with you. ;-)

By the way, this is the second post I've seen from you today and girl, you are on fire. I love this attitude you got goin' right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Now that you have brought it up....yeah, I do too! I think of everyone here as female and me as well.
    Charlie

I'm jut starting out, and yes I really do read the words as a female wrote them!